CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand the classic playlist is gonna blow. SHOCKING.

Yeah its just ce map remakes(which is good but not with abilites too.Its not a classic playlist when you read ske7etch clarification,cause its not the kind of happy news we had hoped to hear: "Ok well I hate to dampen everyone's excitement but with a lack of actual details earlier I know a lot of folks have gotten excited and made their own conclusions. I'm covering this a bit more tomorrow in the weekly update but the anniversary playlist is a collection of really sweet Forge-made Halo: CE maps in Halo 5. It'll have Halo 1 pistol weapon starts but gameplay-wise it's Halo 5. I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a 'classic' gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc..) but I'm not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it's technically even possible). I'll definitely bring it up at our next multiplayer meeting next week but for now wanted to at least give you proper context and expectations for next week."

Lol, I didn't see anything classic about that. Might as well just call it slayer on CE forge maps.

That'd be an Xbox issue, not a Halo 5/343 issue.

What would cause that issue? The only answer I saw so far is that it might be related to using an external hard drive, but I don't have one.

Nothing classic about it.. Just another COD in disguise.  Don't really care .. because of Gwent and I am sure Halo 3A is soon coming. 

I had no faith whatsoever that this playlist, if it came at all, was going to be what we wanted.

Halo "One" pistol on CE forge maps, with the full suite of Halo 5 abilities. Who in their right mind wanted that? You're out of touch, 343. Badly.

I'm pretty much speechless. It's like they don't want to have a healthy community.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Wait, so the classic playlist on CE Forge maps will have sprint and shit? OMFG this is too great! They really have no idea what they are doing. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I knew they were going to just use half assed settings like they always do. Fucking unbelievable. I'll wait and see what they do in the final product, but I won't hold my breath.

This actually kills any hope I had for Halo 6. Not like I had much at all to begin with, but now it's below zero. 

They're probably afraid the players will realize how much better the game would be without the stupid abilities, so they just refuse to make a playlist without them

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lmfao?

How can anyone be this incompetent and out of touch?

It's only like people have been telling them exactly what they want ever since the game released, even since Halo 4 if you want to get technical.

Blows my mind.  I stopped bashing 343i for awhile, but this is just next level ********.

I haven't even visited Waypoint yet either but I guarantee there's two things going on right now:

1.  People pointing out how ridiculous it is.

2.  Other people saying "SHUT UP YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANT."

Am I wrong?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lmfao?

How can anyone be this incompetent and out of touch?

It's only like people have been telling them exactly what they want ever since the game released, even since Halo 4 if you want to get technical.

Blows my mind.  I stopped bashing 343i for awhile, but this is just next level ********.

I haven't even visited Waypoint yet either but I guarantee there's two things going on right now:

1.  People pointing out how ridiculous it is.

2.  Other people saying "SHUT UP YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANT."

Am I wrong?

Pretty spot on for the majority here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343's reasoning is fucking ridiculous how is "it not technically possible" for us to have a stripped down experience they gave us the options to remove abilities for a reason and there's tons of forge maps already available and strafe/movement options.

Like there's no way 343 can be this incompetent they're just straight up refusing to give us a legitimate classic playlist because they don't to be shown that people prefer classic halo to there version of "Halo".

343's reasoning is fucking ridiculous how is "it not technically possible" for us to have a stripped down experience they gave us the options to remove abilities for a reason and there's tons of forge maps already available and strafe/movement options.

Like there's no way 343 can be this incompetent they're just straight up refusing to give us a legitimate classic playlist because they don't to be shown that people prefer classic halo to there version of "Halo".

I don't think that's the reasoning, that's just Sketch's understanding of the situation. Likely he doesn't realise that these options exist in custom games.

It is absolutely ridiculous that the only thing "classic" about the upcoming playlist is going to be a bastardized REQ version of the CE pistol as a starting weapon and some forge remakes. All of the abilities are going to be kept on. Just wow. They really do know how to please their fanbase.

And we thought Evolved settings had a shot at getting a playlist.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

If someone hasn't they should post a link to the Evolved settings on here in that thread and I'd also consider making a reddit thread hopefully we can get someone from 343 to notice it and use that over there version of a "classic playlist".

(obviously don't link the reddit thread here or will be removed)

"ske7ch wrote:

Ok well I hate to dampen everyone's excitement but with a lack of actual details earlier I know a lot of folks have gotten excited and made their own conclusions. I'm covering this a bit more tomorrow in the weekly update but the anniversary playlist is a collection of really sweet Forge-made Halo: CE maps in Halo 5. It'll have Halo 1 pistol weapon starts but gameplay-wise it's Halo 5. I know there are a lot of folks who definitely want a 'classic' gameplay experience (i.e. stripped down minus new stuff like sprinting, clamber, etc..) but I'm not sure if any such plans are in the works (or if it's technically even possible). I'll definitely bring it up at our next multiplayer meeting next week but for now wanted to at least give you proper context and expectations for next week."

HAHAHAHA ARE YOU KIDDING ME. He's not sure if it's "technically even possible" oh my god. You can't make this shit up. 343 are an absolute joke at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Yeah, yeah, I understand: 343 are out of touch, this is not what we wanted, adding SAs to a classic playlist is idiotic, and so on.

But why are people hating on the Halo One Pistol for its name? I agree, it's sounds ridiculous and even a bit rushed, but it's such a trivial detail. Besides, literally all of my friends who play Halo call it "the Halo 1 pistol". Maybe 343 were trying to base the name off the spoken word, not the written?

I'm guessing the name proves they don't care/respect the original game, or something of that sort.

Yeah, yeah, I understand: 343 are out of touch, this is not what we wanted, adding SAs to a classic playlist is idiotic, and so on.

But why are people hating on the Halo One Pistol for its name? I agree, it's sounds ridiculous and even a bit rushed, but it's such a trivial detail. Besides, literally all of my friends who play Halo call it "the Halo 1 pistol". Maybe 343 were trying to base the name off the spoken word, not the written?

I'm guessing the name proves they don't care/respect the original game, or something of that sort.

They've actually changed the name to Halo: Combat Evolved Pistol in-game, a while ago as well. 

But "Halo One Pistol" was such a weird name, especially coming off of the "Halo 2 Battle Rifle".

That "classic" playlists. 343's incompetence knows no bounds.

They've actually changed the name to Halo: Combat Evolved Pistol in-game, a while ago as well. 

But "Halo One Pistol" was such a weird name, especially coming off of the "Halo 2 Battle Rifle".

CE was also "Halo One" in early concepts of MCC. It wasn't until the criticism until they changed it to "Halo: CE" before launch. When has CE ever been refereed to as "Halo One" before 343? It's almost like they hired people who were never fans of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 9