CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

as bad as it looks, his stand has a valid core point, a lot of video gamers are disrespectful and irrational as fuck...

"I deserve everything, exactly how I want it, when I want it, regardless of resource, regardless of reality." (quote from that reddit) sadly is a mayor issue with gamers (and quite frankly this is just as well part of the reason you get people coming here who like how the H5 snipe is giving out headshots like candy, to pick up last nights conversation) people forget to look at games rational...

just look at gears, is is a good game with some valid flaws but instead of writing constructive feedback on how to improve the game, masses of people come to the forums just to bitch about how microtransactions have riuned the game...if I were a dev and all I'd see is whining (not even rational complaining) like this, I'd want to smak those peoples faces against their keyboard as well...

so bottom line: the issue is not that people complain but how and to some degree about what people "complain" but no wether I see some valid points in this situation or not, the way that Grim guy handles the situation is not sheding good light on the way 343 is looking at their consumers...

There are always irrational, angry people, especially on the internet and especially on official forums for products. So, yeah, I get his point on one level, but to me it is more indicative of a general trend of "game dev" ingroup bias and a general lack of empathy and understanding for the perspective of gamers: the people supporting these games. And that kind of mentality is all the more frustrating when it comes from employees of 343 Industries, one of the least transparent developers in the industry, who have shipped poorly designed, broken, and/or incomplete games consistently. Fundamentally, videogames are products and they are reliant on their audience to succeed. Maybe 343 employees would prefer to pretend that their audience just doesn't know how "hard" it is than acknowledge that they have utterly failed to appeal to a huge number of Halo's now ex-fanbase. That's sure what it seems like and tweets like that come across as pretty tone deaf in the context of Halo's current status.

​As for the GoW4 situation, I certainly think the tantrums people are throwing over the card pack system are silly and reading the GoW forums is a waste of time, but at the same time, I think hating the general trend of micro-transactions and RNG-based unlocks in full-priced games is a pretty valid position. And it looks worse in a game that is otherwise generally very good.

• Upvote (+1) 5

UI is always done last so something like this wouldn't even be created 18 months out from an actual release.

Seemed pretty legit though, idk

Seemed pretty legit though, idk

That's the goal.

Has this been posted before? It's 5 months old but I haven't seen it anywhere. It's a video that shows the boot up screen for H3A. Has this been debunked?

http://segmentnext.com/2016/06/09/halo-3-anniversary-leaked-footage-fuels-speculation/

Shaky cam? ✔

The "Halo 3 Anniversary" is the only thing in clear view? ✔

Only shows a main menu and no actual gameplay? ✔

Yeah this is fake. The most easiest part of a video game to fake was the only thing that was filmed. Until we see a remaster of a Halo 3 map in video form, leaks don't mean shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I hope you are right, but seeing the other legacy weapons (especially the CE Pistol) make me think that the Reach GL as we know it is not coming back.

Of course it won't. 343 will always choose the route that requires the least amount of effort and technical skill.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I was Microsoft at this point "if H3A exist" I would push for it as early as Q2 2017. There's a huge gap in game releases during the summer, very easy money. But a dual H3A and scorpio launch would also be a hit. Whatever the case I highly doubt H5 is going to last another two years.. 

If I was Microsoft at this point "if H3A exist" I would push for it as early as Q2 2017. There's a huge gap in game releases during the summer, very easy money. But a dual H3A and scorpio launch would also be a hit. Whatever the case I highly doubt H5 is going to last another two years.. 

It's already dead bro. Maybe a good server browser could revive it, but that's it.  

They should code name the server browser patch Lazarus. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's already dead bro. Maybe a good server browser could revive it, but that's it.  

They should code name the server browser patch Lazarus. 

Damn, still getting quick matches though...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Whatever the case I highly doubt H5 is going to last another two years.. 

I don't think Halo 5 has been relevant for quite some time now, especially in terms of population. It'll "last" another two years in the same fashion that Halo 4 has.

Slow matching is only an issue when the matching system is bad. I still get matches on MW3 and BO2 pretty fast.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Slow matching is only an issue when the matching system is bad. I still get matches on MW3 and BO2 pretty fast.

Those games probably have more players than H5 lol
  • Upvote (+1) 2

There are always irrational, angry people, especially on the internet and especially on official forums for products. So, yeah, I get his point on one level, but to me it is more indicative of a general trend of "game dev" ingroup bias and a general lack of empathy and understanding for the perspective of gamers: the people supporting these games. And that kind of mentality is all the more frustrating when it comes from employees of 343 Industries, one of the least transparent developers in the industry, who have shipped poorly designed, broken, and/or incomplete games consistently. Fundamentally, videogames are products and they are reliant on their audience to succeed. Maybe 343 employees would prefer to pretend that their audience just doesn't know how "hard" it is than acknowledge that they have utterly failed to appeal to a huge number of Halo's now ex-fanbase. That's sure what it seems like and tweets like that come across as pretty tone deaf in the context of Halo's current status.

​As for the GoW4 situation, I certainly think the tantrums people are throwing over the card pack system are silly and reading the GoW forums is a waste of time, but at the same time, I think hating the general trend of micro-transactions and RNG-based unlocks in full-priced games is a pretty valid position. And it looks worse in a game that is otherwise generally very good.

Is that guy for real? 343 have released two broken products in a row, one of which was so pathetically broken that it's extraordinary they even still exist as a game developer. And yet he has the gall to claim that consumers are entitled? 343 employees have no moral capital to make comments like this.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Uti tu quantum linguae mortui mortuos ludos ludere?

H5 is already dead.

Laggy matches with shit skill MM and no party restrictions.

If the game actually took the time to match you with similarly skilled kids that are in the same party size as you on the correct side of the planet you'd wait ages.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope you are right, but seeing the other legacy weapons (especially the CE Pistol) make me think that the Reach GL as we know it is not coming back.

I mean, if the Plasma Caster as a concept goes for anything, it's possible the Grenade Launcher could be much like its Reach counterpart. Then again, most new weapons are designed for WZ, not competitive play... Sooooooooo. It could swing either way. 

As much as I got downvoted, I do appreciate the responses (the people that actually took time, not just bash). I simply was trying to give a perspective of someone that doesn't get to hop on the game that much, and enjoys actually being able to play when I do get on. But I realize that is exactly the arguement that you guys are trying to make. That I shouldnt be able to get on and just hit shots like players that play alot. I respect that opinion alot, I truly do because Im sure alot of you have put in a good amount of work into this game, and want to be rewarded for your work. I do get that, but I do want to offer one last perspective. If you look at sports, when companies come out with a product, Tennis raquets, golf clubs, baseball bats, they try to make them as easy as possible for the average joe to use. So someone can go out and play the sport and have mild sucess even when that sport isnt their life. I think that was 343s thinking when making this sniper, is that they want anyone to be able to have fun with it. Not just those dedicated but those that want to hop on and have some fun. It's not like pro tennis players use smaller raquets or heavier balls than a beginner. Last thing I want to say is I think these forums would be much more sucessful if people wanted to actually have discussions and not say "you should be banned" or get off our forums" when someone offers an opinion other than the popular one. I think it scares people from coming on here and offering opinions. Thanks guys.

No worries dude. We're glad to have you and your perspective. It's valuable.

However, as someone who admittedly doesn't play the game that much / enough to be highly skilled, it's important that you don't allow yourself to get indignant about issues relating to balance. Nothing drives long time players crazy like someone with obviously limited experience and perspective digging their heels in about a subject they are not well versed in. It's important to be self aware and open minded, and understand that the game plays VERY differently when experienced players play each other. So far youve done that, and for that I'm grateful. I hope you stick around.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Last thing I want to say is I think these forums would be much more sucessful if people wanted to actually have discussions and not say "you should be banned" or get off our forums" when someone offers an opinion other than the popular one. I think it scares people from coming on here and offering opinions. Thanks guys.

Agree entirely. That type of response needs to go since it not only stops a community from growing (Gets rid of possible newcomers), but also has the potential to unfairly paint us in a negative light. It also stops proper discussions from happening, which is a big downside.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Agree entirely. That type of response needs to go since it not only stops a community from growing (Gets rid of possible newcomers), but also has the potential to unfairly paint us in a negative light. It also stops proper discussions from happening, which is a big downside.

Let's all take a second to remember that @@Batchford was an H3 kid before we got ahold of him.

• Upvote (+1) 1