CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I assume this is sarcasm, but I really hope this is sarcasm.

100% sarcasm
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Somebody please save me right now. Was in Diamond, got replaced into Gold and my teammates literally have zero brains. E.g. constantly only going for yard in Plaza Strongholds. Jesus fucking christ who are these people.

It's not just the Halo 5 Sniper Rifle that's been garbage I'd say that every Sniper Rifle post H3 has been way too easy now pretty much any thumbless kid can pick one up and hit shots due to the insane magnetism.

I really wish 343 would consider using projectiles instead of hitscan weapons but that's probably never going to happen unless we get H3A.  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really wish 343 would consider using projectiles instead of hitscan weapons but that's probably never going to happen unless we get H3A.  :mj:

Considering the way 343 handled the MCC and Halo 5's servers I rather they not touch that idea.

No, not right. The sniper/ railgun are the only guns that should have good aim assist. Like I said it is fun to hit/ watch good snipes. But for example the pistol is more about your strafe and making it have more aim assist wouldnt make the game any more fun to play/watch. I personally think it having alot of aim assist is alot of fun. I can assure you myself and most people I play with wouldnt hit many shots without it. And dont say " Well play more" because I only get to play sometimes because of work. I dont post on here alot for this exact reason; most posts apply to skilled players who play alot, not the other end.

Dude how can read this very own post you typed and not piss yourself off. If I had never played a video game in my life and had no idea what anyone was talking about my basic understanding of logic and common sense would tell me that your post makes no sense. There's very little reason for ANY weapon that could further the skill gap to be made easy to use for the sake of feeling good. I literally don't even know how how to begin to reply to this.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Somebody please save me right now. Was in Diamond, got replaced into Gold and my teammates literally have zero brains. E.g. constantly only going for yard in Plaza Strongholds. Jesus fucking christ who are these people.

cant play today but hmu tomorrow. My tags Zuzu 

What was the situation in Yard? I feel capping Yard is a good idea in some certain scenarios

Edit: Actually i may have you added already lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5bo3g0/respect_for_the_customer_visualized/

Edit: For the record I scoffed at these twitter posts.

Yeah. Fuck the consumer thinking they're owed what they were promised and paid for. /s

Hopefully nobody else from 343 even starts to say something like that. Of course they'd say that because if they didn't they might have to admit half of their releases don't even work correctly and other developers release finished and polished products and then add onto them or so someone might think. The context doesn't even really matter. He works for 343 industries and that means something unfortunate on its own and changes the way his words will be interpreted. He might find reasonable people to actually look at the context of his words and that's all good but if he expects that then it shows a fundamental flaw in his understanding of how large groups of people work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

cant play today but hmu tomorrow. My tags Zuzu 

What was the situation in Yard? I feel capping Yard is a good idea in some certain scenarios

Edit: Actually i may have you added already lol

Yeah, have you added - just had bad timing getting on at same time I guess lol. 

We'd have yard capped, get bottom mid, enemy team would have disadvantage and sometimes push to Yard, and then they'd go back instead of rotating to Nest. Prioritized trying to hold Bottom mid & Yard whole game instead of Nest and Bottom mid.

Yeah, have you added - just had bad timing getting on at same time I guess lol. 

We'd have yard capped, get bottom mid, enemy team would have disadvantage and sometimes push to Yard, and then they'd go back instead of rotating to Nest. Prioritized trying to hold Bottom mid & Yard whole game instead of Nest and Bottom mid.

Word cool, should be on tomorrow a good amount

and yea thats not a good idea, i agree that its a bad move then

The Reach GL is coming in a REQ update apparently, but don't hold your breath: In typical 343 fashion they added tracking to it. The GL is now about as hard to use as the Needler or the Boltshot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWxvwvl2_es

The Reach GL is coming in a REQ update apparently, but don't hold your breath: In typical 343 fashion they added tracking to it. The GL is now about as hard to use as the Needler or the Boltshot.

I don't think the two variants shown were default variants, they looked like reqs to me. I might just be being hopeful though

The blue finish to that grenade launcher makes me feel it's the actual first REQ variant whereas the orange is the second variant, because there IS a black grenade launcher. If the third (orange) variant has lesser target tracking to the second, then I doubt the first (The non-REQ one, assuming the black one IS as such) would have it. Will have to wait and see what they do with it.  

I don't think the two variants shown were default variants, they looked like reqs to me. I might just be being hopeful though

The blue finish to that grenade launcher makes me feel it's the actual first REQ variant whereas the orange is the second variant, because there IS a black grenade launcher. If the third (orange) variant has lesser target tracking to the second, then I doubt the first (The non-REQ one, assuming the black one IS as such) would have it. Will have to wait and see what they do with it.  

I hope you are right, but seeing the other legacy weapons (especially the CE Pistol) make me think that the Reach GL as we know it is not coming back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5bo3g0/respect_for_the_customer_visualized/

utd2qcgvx8wx.jpg

Edit: For the record I scoffed at these twitter posts.

as bad as it looks, his stand has a valid core point, a lot of video gamers are disrespectful and irrational as fuck...

"I deserve everything, exactly how I want it, when I want it, regardless of resource, regardless of reality." (quote from that reddit) sadly is a mayor issue with gamers (and quite frankly this is just as well part of the reason you get people coming here who like how the H5 snipe is giving out headshots like candy, to pick up last nights conversation) people forget to look at games rational...

just look at gears, is is a good game with some valid flaws but instead of writing constructive feedback on how to improve the game, masses of people come to the forums just to bitch about how microtransactions have riuned the game...if I were a dev and all I'd see is whining (not even rational complaining) like this, I'd want to smak those peoples faces against their keyboard as well...

so bottom line: the issue is not that people complain but how and to some degree about what people "complain" but no wether I see some valid points in this situation or not, the way that Grim guy handles the situation is not sheding good light on the way 343 is looking at their consumers...

Considering the way 343 handled the MCC and Halo 5's servers I rather they not touch that idea.

I guess not many people would agree with me but the servers are shit for non-US players anyway (at least they used to, I didn't play in quite some time but it would be more then surprising if the situation is better now...) so why not try to push for more interesting game mechanics?

If 343 thinks that they don't get plenty of well thought out, constructive criticism that is reasonable to pull off, then they are not paying attention.  People have been getting angry because we are not being heard and haven't even been acknowledged for a long time.  I want to see what Ske7ch does with community interaction since his post last week was already an improvement, even if some of the questions he chose to answer were softballs or non-answers. 

If things are really this difficult for them to communicate without fear of internal retribution and they can't have a decent turnaround time for fixing issues that were not present at launch or implementing some basic, simple, common-sense balance tweaks then they need to rethink the way they run their business, not say "consumers are not entitled to what they think they are entitled to."  

The things being requested at this stage of the game are fixes to things that are broken, which we certainly are entitled to, and basic changes to playlists, settings and balance.  If changes to the latter are as easy as they said they were during the beta (aka, weapon tuning can basically be done with sliders and doesn't require a full TU) then there is no excuse and what Grim said in the quote a few posts above is utter horseshit.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm sorry but if you charge full price for your game + microtransactions, then that developer/publisher has little to no room to speak about what the owner does and does not deserve.

Remember when microtransactions in games that weren't free were a controversial thing? Remember horse armor? Remember when people hated Steam for making a game exclusive to their DRM service? Remember when if you said "I wish Halo had Spring and ADS" in '08, you were pretty much excommunicated? Remember the successful Sarcastic Gamer boycott of the Day 1 Bad Company DLC?

If developers shove shady practices down the consumer's throats for long enough, they eventually conform, and after that, the developer eventually thinks they're pro-consumer and the consumers need to respect them for these practices.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Did they get rid of pressung Y to get an overshield quicker?

Yup.

Ok, I havent played H5 in a long time. I have tried some BTB the last couple of days and well...wtf? The spawns is the most ridicoulus I have ever experienced. And the maps? I have always enjoyed some BTB, even in H4 but is H5 BTB this bad or should I keep on playing? What is the general opinion about BTB?

Ok, I havent played H5 in a long time. I have tried some BTB the last couple of days and well...wtf? The spawns is the most ridicoulus I have ever experienced. And the maps? I have always enjoyed some BTB, even in H4 but is H5 BTB this bad or should I keep on playing? What is the general opinion about BTB?

An awful afterthought with terrible maps, constant remakes from previous Halo games (fuck off with Valhalla ffs) and vehicle/weapon balance designed around Warzone.

It's pretty bad and I wouldn't blame you if you stopped playing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1