CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Don't @ anyone until you go to Beach LAN

I assume this is sarcasm, but I really hope this is sarcasm.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So this has gotten 1600 updoots on reddit

http://i.imgur.com/8NTQt6n.gifv

I mean, really? That wouldv'e been pretty impressive in maybe H3 or Reach (& CE duh), but Halo 5? It's against thumbless players with the easiest sniper in history, I wouldnt even clip that. And you get all the top comments being "omg ur so good, im so bad lol, like if you relate."

Come on reddit get your shit together.

You can tell how shit the aiming is in this game just by looking at that clip. Look how janky it is, the guy can barely fucking move without his reticle going crazy.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

You can tell how shit the aiming is in this game just by looking at that clip. Look how janky it is, the guy can barely fucking move without his reticle going crazy.

Oh yea. The worst is watching Ogre 2 stream H1 then H5, it's like night and day. 

After reading through pages on halo 5, I have to agree with most of what is said. First of all, I love this game, and I actually may go as far to say I like as much as H3. I think there a 2 main points I want to go over. 1, the sniper is perfect. I am a diamond player and am very average at halo and video games in general. But video games are made for the whole population, not just onyx players and pros. For me to grab the sniper and actually hit shots is a blast. On the other side of the spectrum I love watching pro league because there has been so many awesome sniper shots. Who doesnt love watching awesome clips? I don't really see the issue personally. But now to my main critique. I think having new easy weapons is great like I said, but not great where if you get outplayed you can still win the battle. There are two huge ways this is done. Spartan charge being the first and splinter nades being the second. I cant say how many times I have outplayed someone and they shit out a splinter nade and kill me. Literally drives me insane especially for example on fathom when the ones in treehouse spawn every 5 seconds it seems, and it's in such a narrow territory. If someone happens to have a snipe or a scatter shot which I didnt account for, thats halo. It happens, but having a nade or being able to get me to one shot because they are sprinting just seems unfair. I felt the same way about power drain and bubble shield in halo 3, but at least those werent in competitive. Last, in my job, if I do something and it doesnt work out, I will take it back and thats that. I am not bitter about it at all. I propose ideas and projects that work and some that dont. With some of the maps and setting 343 has come out with if they would just swallow their pride and take it back the game could be alot better. I hope nthey can change their mindset going forward. I really hope everyone stands behind this game going forward because I truly love halo and would hate to see a huge gap with no halo like we had. End rant bored at work/

• Downvote (-1) 13

After reading through pages on halo 5, I have to agree with most of what is said. First of all, I love this game, and I actually may go as far to say I like as much as H3. I think there a 2 main points I want to go over. 1, the sniper is perfect. I am a diamond player and am very average at halo and video games in general. But video games are made for the whole population, not just onyx players and pros. For me to grab the sniper and actually hit shots is a blast. On the other side of the spectrum I love watching pro league because there has been so many awesome sniper shots. Who doesnt love watching awesome clips? I don't really see the issue personally. But now to my main critique. I think having new easy weapons is great like I said, but not great where if you get outplayed you can still win the battle. There are two huge ways this is done. Spartan charge being the first and splinter nades being the second. I cant say how many times I have outplayed someone and they shit out a splinter nade and kill me. Literally drives me insane especially for example on fathom when the ones in treehouse spawn every 5 seconds it seems, and it's in such a narrow territory. If someone happens to have a snipe or a scatter shot which I didnt account for, thats halo. It happens, but having a nade or being able to get me to one shot because they are sprinting just seems unfair. I felt the same way about power drain and bubble shield in halo 3, but at least those werent in competitive. Last, in my job, if I do something and it doesnt work out, I will take it back and thats that. I am not bitter about it at all. I propose ideas and projects that work and some that dont. With some of the maps and setting 343 has come out with if they would just swallow their pride and take it back the game could be alot better. I hope nthey can change their mindset going forward. I really hope everyone stands behind this game going forward because I truly love halo and would hate to see a huge gap with no halo like we had. End rant bored at work/

It doesn't matter what audience you think the game should appeal to. The current ease of use with the sniper breaks the rest of the game, you can't even put it on half the maps it should be on because you can't fucking miss with it. And forget about dueling snipers in H5. If you're such a fan of everyone hitting shots we might as well throw the same AA on every gun while we're at it right? Gimme a break.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Oh yea. The worst is watching Ogre 2 stream H1 then H5, it's like night and day. 

Halo 5's aiming is like trying to swim through a cloud of jelly fish. You end up getting stung from all directions trying to avoid the stings in the first place.   

It doesn't matter what audience you think the game should appeal to. The current ease of use with the sniper breaks the rest of the game, you can't even put it on half the maps it should be on because you can't fucking miss with it. And forget about dueling snipers in H5. If you're such a fan of everyone hitting shots we might as well throw the same AA on every gun while we're at it right? Gimme a break.

No, not right. The sniper/ railgun are the only guns that should have good aim assist. Like I said it is fun to hit/ watch good snipes. But for example the pistol is more about your strafe and making it have more aim assist wouldnt make the game any more fun to play/watch. I personally think it having alot of aim assist is alot of fun. I can assure you myself and most people I play with wouldnt hit many shots without it. And dont say " Well play more" because I only get to play sometimes because of work. I dont post on here alot for this exact reason; most posts apply to skilled players who play alot, not the other end. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

No, not right. The sniper/ railgun are the only guns that should have good aim assist. Like I said it is fun to hit/ watch good snipes. But for example the pistol is more about your strafe and making it have more aim assist wouldnt make the game any more fun to play/watch. I personally think it having alot of aim assist is alot of fun. I can assure you myself and most people I play with wouldnt hit many shots without it. And dont say " Well play more" because I only get to play sometimes because of work. I dont post on here alot for this exact reason; most posts apply to skilled players who play alot, not the other end.

So you'd rather have a Halo 5 sniper than a Halo 3 sniper...?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The issue is that it gives you credit even when you miss. An easy sniper isn't so bad. Reach had an easy sniper and v7 was really good. But it's a joke to watch people get kills when they straight up MISSED their shot. That's indefensible and it makes a mockery of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The issue is that it gives you credit even when you miss. An easy sniper isn't so bad. Reach had an easy sniper and v7 was really good. But it's a joke to watch people get kills when they straight up MISSED their shot. That's indefensible and it makes a mockery of the game.

I appreciate you actually understanding my point that an easy sniper isnt bad, but I also havent seen the missed shots part of it. That is not okay for sure. I am simply saying a fun sniper/railgun to me makes for better playing/viewing but I know most people here dont agree. Just trying to throw in a perspective from someone that isnt great at the game, thats all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

making it have more aim assist wouldnt make the game any more fun to play/watch.  I personally think it having alot of aim assist is alot of fun.

see this is why cooper got banned.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I appreciate you actually understanding my point that an easy sniper isnt bad, but I also havent seen the missed shots part of it. That is not okay for sure. I am simply saying a fun sniper/railgun to me makes for better playing/viewing but I know most people here dont agree. Just trying to throw in a perspective from someone that isnt great at the game, thats all.

I really don't understand how you can think that the sniper being brokenly easy to use makes for a better viewing experience. It takes all the excitement out of the weapon when it's essentially guaranteed kills for whoever has it. Snipes that would've been exciting in previous games mean nothing in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 4

move to halowaypoint forums

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

So how'd those pancakes turn out ;) ?  But 3am? Do you live in West Africa?

Or do I still need to change my timezone in TB settings...probably a more likely scenario...

Unless Canada's somehow a part of West Africa... It's probably your settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the other side of the spectrum I love watching pro league because there has been so many awesome sniper shots. Who doesnt love watching awesome clips? I don't really see the issue personally. 

When you make anyone able to hit these shots, regardless of skill, they're not "awesome". Make everyone special, and then no one is. The bigger issue is that making everyone special by making the Sniper generous, means kids who have literally no gunskill whatsoever can snipe you with ease, even if they MISS, because the bullet magnetism's though the roof. There's an issue when people who're Gold/Plat can hit shots that Onyx/Champ players should be making.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I hate watching the many snipe-head-shots that should obviously have been a miss. I don't want to watch montages and I don't want to look at the medals, because so many of those would never have happened if there wasn't insane magnetism. You did not deserve that head-shot, because you didn't aim at his head, yet you got it. I hate it. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

hitting shots with easy guns isn't rewarding at all. In the same vein, nobody actually has fun getting kills with the h5 AR.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The Halo 5 sniper rifle is one of the most flat out insulting weapons ever conceived.

It's insulting to casual players because the devs feel the average player needs to have their weapons aim for them and correct their mistakes. They feel like the average player is too stupid and inept, so they do the work for you. Are you really that weak and pathetic of a player that you don't even want to try? Not even a little? How long does that false sense of satisfaction last when you realize the game holds your hand every step of the way?

It's insulting to skilled players because it devalues their own skills by making everyone a special snowflake. Nearly every average player can do things that others had to work their asses off for. Being a skilled sniper used to be a privilege to an elite few who put the time and effort to put themselves above everyone else. Now, that's been effectively taken away from them.

To this day, I still have not wrapped my head around the Halo 3 sniper rifle. I've had success with sniping in Reach, various Battlefield games, quick scoping in Cod, and more or less mastered the Longshot in Gears of War. But not one of them EVER came close to the level of difficulty H3's sniper rifle is. I more than likely will never be good at sniping in Halo 3, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

To make that weapon easier for my sake, or any other player's for that matter, would be to insult all those that worked hard for their skills, when I didn't.

Fuck the Halo 5 sniper rifle, and fuck those that defend it.

• Upvote (+1) 8