CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I was wondering when someone else was going to call him on that. He references "the millions" like he's The Rock or something. Maybe in total sales. Concurrent users? Maaaaybe 10% of that.

Millions played Halo 3. A couple dozen play Halo 5, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Took a look at the most played list today.

BF1- 1st place

Titanfall 2- 22nd place

How much continued, constant, consistent proof do developers need before they realise gamers just want simplistic gameplay?

People don't like all these abilities and crazy movement options.

Bf1 is going to own XBL much like CS GO owns the PC FPS space because they have simplistic, straight forward gameplay that is accessible while also being highly competitive.

Took a look at the most played list today.

BF1- 1st place

Titanfall 2- 22nd place

How much continued, constant, consistent proof do developers need before they realise gamers just want simplistic gameplay?

People don't like all these abilities and crazy movement options.

Bf1 is going to own XBL much like CS GO owns the PC FPS space because they have simplistic, straight forward gameplay that is accessible while also being highly competitive.

Titanfall 2 launched at a bad time - not a fair comparison.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why was it a bad time? Because it launched in the BF1 launch window? Because it had to compete with a game that had gameplay people actually want to play?

Ya, that is a tough spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why was it a bad time? Because it launched in the BF1 launch window? Because it had to compete with a game that had gameplay people actually want to play?

Ya, that is a tough spot.

Because it has to compete with Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty (both IW and CoD4).

Titanfall 1 was solid proof that people love this kind of shit, it's just that the original game lacked content and EA fucked them with a terrible release window.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree!

I am playing both games about the same amount. They are both really great. Played BF1 longer just because it has a week on Titanfall.

The BF1 campaign is really immersive and the characters are really polished, but the war stories are so short, you don't get really, really attached to them.  This why I think the Titanfall 2 campaign is so good. I really, really love the Titanfall 2 campaign. When it comes to single player, I thing Titanfall 2 wins the prize.  

When it comes to multiplayer, I really enjoy both of them for different reasons.

I just hope word gets around about just how good the single player is for Titanfall 2 so people at least buy it for that. Back when I used to play the first title, single player is what I really wanted, and boy did Respawn deliver. Hopefully they get rewarded monetarily for it, because I would love to keep playing Titanfall campaigns.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

EA totally fucked over Respawn this time around.

They should have pushed the release to right before Spring break in march 2017, so people buy it and play it during spring break.  That would give people time to get their call of duty itch scratched and past the holiday dump of games.  

But what it would have also done was given the devs time to add in maybe a cool cooperative hoard/zombie like mode. The AI is pretty impressive in Titanfall 2 and playing a wave mode cooperatively would be a blast.  Timing Titan drops and wall running/parkour to stay alive.         Would be dope. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Titanfall 2 deserves so many more players it isn't even funny. Such a good game, hopefully it gets a boost by word of mouth and when people realize how trash the new CoD is. Free DLC too! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Daily population of 1,000,000? Maybe on launch night...

There were multiple times up to 6 months after launch where H3 hit 1m daily players actually

• Upvote (+1) 4

There were multiple times up to 6 months after launch where H3 hit 1m daily players actually

It doesn't make the original comment any less fucking stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because it has to compete with Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty (both IW and CoD4).

Titanfall 1 was solid proof that people love this kind of shit, it's just that the original game lacked content and EA fucked them with a terrible release window.

IW is not even out yet. And yes its getting obliterated by BF1. How is that not proof that people prefer BF1?

How did Titanfall 1 prove that people "love this kind of shit"? It's population was horrendous as well and it had barely any competition at all.

Titanfall receives the same kind of excuses recent Halo games get. At some point people need to stop ignoring the overwhelming evidence that "advanced movement" has not been a successful trend.

COD AW was the lowest point in the COD franchise in a decade. Blops 3 had a slight surge upwards but was still part of an overall downwards trend for the franchise. IW is under serious heat and will undoubtedly continue the downwards trend. Titanfall 1 and now 2 cannot hold a population to save Vince Zampella's life. Diddo for H5.

The only game that has truly succeed with "advanced movement" is Destiny and Destiny is a totally different beast with all it's RPG/MMO structure.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Actually H3 was routinely hitting 1mil daily users well into 2009. Go look at the waybackwhen machine for Bnet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IW is not even out yet. And yes its getting obliterated by BF1. How is that not proof that people prefer BF1?

How did Titanfall 1 prove that people "love this kind of shit"? It's population was horrendous as well and it had barely any competition at all.

Titanfall receives the same kind of excuses recent Halo games get. At some point people need to stop ignoring the overwhelming evidence that "advanced movement" has not been a successful trend.

COD AW was the lowest point in the COD franchise in a decade. Blops 3 had a slight surge upwards but was still part of an overall downwards trend for the franchise. IW is under serious heat and will undoubtedly continue the downwards trend. Titanfall 1 and now 2 cannot hold a population to save Vince Zampella's life. Diddo for H5.

The only game that has truly succeed with "advanced movement" is Destiny and Destiny is a totally different beast with all it's RPG/MMO structure.

IW came out today (which also happens to have that movement system that people hate). 

Titanfall 2 launched between arguably two of the biggest franchises in gaming to date. It was an unfair release window and was doomed to fail as soon as EA decided to try and compete with Battlefield and Call of Duty. 

Gonna re-do this post:

Infinite Warfare released today and is probably going to overtake Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 before the 24 hour time window passes. Of course there's a huge push for normal shooters like Call of Duty 4, Battlefield 1, etc but there's still a market for the jumpy wumpy parkour stuff that Titanfall offered back in 2013. 

You could argue that the only reason anyone picked it up because it was the only title going at the time, but who knows. It still did fairly well at launch and fell off due to poor design choices (regen challenges lmao) and lack of content. 

Call of Duty was falling even before the move to advanced movement, starting with Ghosts I think it was? It could be franchise fatigue (look at Assassin's Creed), it could be the advanced movement, it could be both. 

Blah blah, Titanfall 2 would have done a lot better if it didn't launch between two juggernaut franchises like Call of Duty and Battlefield. You've got a shit ton of people who want to play all of them but can only afford to play some of them. If I was in that position, I'd get the most out of my money and spend the one that's going to have a decent population and that's likely going to be Call of Duty and Battlefield because of how known the franchises are.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Battlefield, COD, CSGO, and Destiny show that players don't want equal starts.

Halo is failing.

Ergo, Halo is failing because it has equal starts.

Your logic is fallacious, to say the least.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Aren't battlefield and titanfall both EA franchises? What was their goal here? Why compete with yourself? Am I missing something?

?

IW came out today (which also happens to have that movement system that people hate). 

Titanfall 2 launched between arguably two of the biggest franchises in gaming to date. It was an unfair release window and was doomed to fail as soon as EA decided to try and compete with Battlefield and Call of Duty. 

EA tried to compete with itself? lol

The only reason I see EA launching TF2 after they launched BF1 was to try and cripple CoD sales even more.

Aren't battlefield and titanfall both EA franchises? What was their goal here? Why compete with yourself? Am I missing something?

?

That's literally what everyone else is asking.

?

Precisely. I don't know why they decided to compete against their own huge franchise which became infinitely more popular due to the RIP CoD meme. It would have been so much smarter to launch it early 2017 like Titanfall 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Titanfall is a also a much less established franchise than COD or BF, considering it first launched only on Xbox and Windows. This may be a stretch, but I think there's also a slight barrier to entry. Anyone unfamiliar with TF or who aren't Xbox One owners might see "TF2" and think they have to purchase the first one to catch up.

EA totally fucked over Respawn this time around.

Respawn fucked Respawn. TF2 was horrible from what I played in the beta. It was still plagued with the same problems TF1 was, but somehow worse. The grappling hook was actually pretty cool. Idk the game just felt too easy to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Battlefield, COD, CSGO, and Destiny show that players don't want equal starts.

Halo is failing.

Ergo, Halo is failing because it has equal starts.

Your logic is fallacious, to say the least.

Please point out a franchise that instituted equal starts at a time that coincided with a decline in the franchise.

People are so worried about the population of h5, trying to get 343 to fix the settings is the biggest issue, idgaf how many people play halo, i just want halo to be the best it can be gameplay wise. Its almost there

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Titanfall is just another twitch shooter no one cares about.

Halo is just another arena shooter no one cares about anymore.

Either way, both boring, both dead. qwemy9O.png

• Upvote (+1) 3