CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The Package from Halo Reach. Then after that you bomb the shit out of Sword Base.

Most satisfying moment of the campaign.

Most satisfying moment of the campaign.

Spartan Ops had a good moment in one of the cutscenes. They blew Requiem into the fucking sun and killed Complex.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Spartan Ops had a good moment in one of the cutscenes. They blew Requiem into the fucking sun and killed Complex.

Haha I love your new signature.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember I played one game of SWAT on Complex.

Following that I never touched the SWAT playlist again. Not even joking.

Any of you Reach nerds enjoy the campaign enough to play through it with me? Not sure when, but Reach is the only campaign I never played through and barely remember any of the story.

Any of you Reach nerds enjoy the campaign enough to play through it with me? Not sure when, but Reach is the only campaign I never played through and barely remember any of the story.

Not with that netcode.

Not with that netcode.

Mind explaining this and any other issues I might face? Sounds like the players have trouble staying in sync? With MCC, I had major problems connecting for Co-Op campaign for every single title in the series. After way too many tries we could eventually get H1/H3/H4 to work, but never ever got H2 to work. We just couldn't connect to each other. Are reach's problems similar?

How difficult is this campaign on Legendary? I might just play it solo then.

Mind explaining this and any other issues I might face? Sounds like the players have trouble staying in sync? With MCC, I had major problems connecting for Co-Op campaign for every single title in the series. After way too many tries we could eventually get H1/H3/H4 to work, but never ever got H2 to work. We just couldn't connect to each other. Are reach's problems similar?

Just how Halo co-op is prior to Halo 5. If someone lags, it pauses for everyone to catch up. It's not a problem on LAN but playing online, it sucks. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just how Halo co-op is prior to Halo 5. If someone lags, it pauses for everyone to catch up. It's not a problem on LAN but playing online, it sucks. 

Right on. Thanks for the info

@@Teapot, it's laggy online just like 3 and 4, but I thought Reach had one of the easiest Legendary's in the series. There's a handful of tricky checkpoints but I don't remember getting stuck for too long at any one part. It's very doable solo.

Reach is the only Halo I haven't solo'd on Legendary.

I gotta get back to it.

Pillar of Autumn was the only mission I had trouble with on Legendary solo.

I get it, you're terrible with the H3 BR and lack an understanding of it's depth, so every time you get out-BRed, it's because of randomness and not you sucking with it. If you lead your shots better and your aim is better than your opponents', then you are going to win the battle more than 9 out of 10 times. Yes, there is some randomness involved, but not to the degree that you or the other H3 haters make it out to be.

My point of having to land your shots for them to register is a jab at 343's Halo games, specifically Halo 5, where shots will register rather you really hit the guy or not. How many trades happen in H5 BTB? I imagine quite a few as it's BR has 0 depth and every shot registers no matter what.

I can see why kids who got trounced on in Halo 3 love Halo 5 so much. It's the perfect "everybody is a winner" FPS.

I won't lie, that beginning sentence not only gave me Vietnam style flashbacks to a Halo Waypoint discussion I had recently, but made me laugh so hard I was wheezing. Like, I would argue, but that intro literally killed any credibility your argument had and did the work for me. GG.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Everybody is good at H5 as no skill is required and no depth is involved. Kids who were once staff captains are now ultra competitive as there is 0 skill gap to H5. Can't miss rifles and snipers, overpowered autos, a clusterfuck of a weapon sandbox, splinter grenades, horrible vehicle physics, poor maps, terrible game breaking gimmicks....my God, no wonder this game's population is less than 1000. I remember when Halo was good back in the H3 days and a daily population over 1,000,000.

Bungie's Halo games are chess and 343's are paper, rock scissors.

Daily population of 1,000,000? Maybe on launch night...
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Daily population of 1,000,000? Maybe on launch night...

I was wondering when someone else was going to call him on that. He references "the millions" like he's The Rock or something. Maybe in total sales. Concurrent users? Maaaaybe 10% of that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bungie's Halo games are chess and 343's are paper, rock scissors.

I guess I forgot the version of chess where pieces lock themselves down and can't be captured, the bishop can't move in a straight line, and the rooks get less accurate the more they're used in succession.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Pillar of Autumn was the only mission I had trouble with on Legendary solo.

I played through it all in one sitting on release night, PoA near the end I was just sprinting directly past the enemies jumping and hiding trying not to die.

I guess I forgot the version of chess where pieces lock themselves down and can't be captured, the bishop can't move in a straight line, and the rooks get less accurate the more they're used in succession.

I get it, you're terrible with the H3 bishop and lack an understanding of it's depth, so every time you get out-bishoped, it's because of randomness and not you sucking with it. If you lead your moves better and your timing is better than your opponents', then you are going to win the move more than 9 out of 10 times. Yes, there is some randomness involved, but not to the degree that you or the other H3 haters make it out to be.

My point of having to land your moves for them to register is a jab at 343's Halo games, specifically Halo 5, where bishops will register rather you really take the piece or not. How many captures happen in H5 BTB? I imagine quite a few as it's bishop has 0 depth and every move registers no matter what.

I can see why kids who got trounced on in Halo 3 love Halo 5 so much. It's the perfect "everybody is a winner" BG.

kill me

• Upvote (+1) 2

Uncharted 4, a game that released in May, Just got a Classic Mode playlist.

Always remember we are on #343Time. it goes from Soon O'clock-A minute to Almost, and then repeats itself. Besides, H5 is perfect as it is. They haven't needed to balance the game either. Kappa
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Play nice or I will out-BR you.

This is Ryan's way of saying hash it out because the Halo 3 BR can't do shit  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 8