CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah, cause after thousands of kills with a vehicle, I clearly lack knowledge of how to use it and how it's physics work. The majority of your kills in H5 are with the magnum because you are an illogical player. Logical players will switch out the pistol for the many more powerful weapons available to them. Every Reach vehicle > every 343-made vehicle. Reach vehicles handle sensibly, realistically, and logically...ghost included. I've tested out the H5 vehicles enough to know how garbage they are in comparison to Reach's.

:wutface:

You spawn with a pistol.... sometimes its illogical to go out of your way for a map pickup given the situation you are in, sometimes map pickups are not available, sometimes despite all that the magnum is the better choice anyway.

I'm sorry but that argument doesn't make sense.  If you don't have more kills with the pistol than you do any of the other weapons, your aim blows.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Levels in CEA looked amazing.

However the lack of new assets such as the recycled wraith and enemy models showed some laziness. For future Halo titles I'd love to see either the Reach or H2A campaign art style. 

Laziness? I'd argue that's consistency, because the amount of new assets in the game in general is honestly really high. The environments and buildings of the game are where the bulk of new assets lie. The enemies, weapons and vehicles of the game are the things that look similar in comparison, but it makes sense that they would, given the games they come off of. 

As for 5, yeah we don't have dev maps in BTB. I understand how that bothers people, but it doesn't bother me. 

That shouldn't bother anybody imo considering the quality of dev maps, especially the post launch maps.  Forgers are better/more creative/more invested in their creations and i'll take that any day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:wutface:

You spawn with a pistol.... sometimes its illogical to go out of your way for a map pickup given the situation you are in, sometimes map pickups are not available, sometimes despite all that the magnum is the better choice anyway.

I'm sorry but that argument doesn't make sense.  If you don't have more kills with the pistol than you do any of the other weapons, your aim blows.

Now this is interesting...

jpB6n43.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Laziness? I'd argue that's consistency, because the amount of new assets in the game in general is honestly really high. The environments and buildings of the game are where the bulk of new assets lie. The enemies, weapons and vehicles of the game are the things that look similar in comparison, but it makes sense that they would, given the games they come off of. 

I wouldn't use the word laziness but it was a cop out to use a ton of assets from Reach because they fit. H2A did a much better job at taking the current models and basically making them look like how they would if the game came out in 2014 but even then, it was still off.

Modern Warfare Remastered is exactly how it should be done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The vehicle balance in Halo 5 is a complete joke, but I'm almost positive it's because they are balanced around Warzone and nothing else. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

L8 and not confirmed ;)

haha it was confirmed haha TAKE THAT RYAN

• Upvote (+1) 1

haha it was confirmed haha TAKE THAT RYAN

got em

0BK9P7t.png

Here are mine, for comparison:

x2O2rOx.png

Wowzerz. Looks like a fountain of knowledge and expertise. Certainly enough to make broad brush generalities about them forever and ever, right? I mean, having ZERO kills with more vehicles than you have kills with is definitely firm ground from which to loudly proclaim that they're all garbage, right?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Reach's Warthog wasn't happy unless it was upside down. And did you like that the DMR could push a Warthog, because I thought that was bullshit.

Well, if it's multiple DMR's, I can understand the effect. The warthog could be a little stronger in Reach though, but still trounces every 343-made hog. I'd say one of my biggest gripes in Reach is shooting a direct rocket at a hog coming straight towards you and nobody dying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, if it's multiple DMR's, I can understand the effect. The warthog could be a little stronger in Reach though, but still trounces every 343-made hog. I'd say one of my biggest gripes in Reach is shooting a direct rocket at a hog coming straight towards you and nobody dying.

The 343 hogs handle really well. They're fun to drive and the chaingun is strong as fuck. I don't have a problem with their health either. The only problem is how exposed the gunner is. He's so easy to kill that it makes the vehicle unviable.

I always think its funny to see people argue about something until they are blue in the face, then go look at their game history and see that they actually have no experience with what they are arguing about.

Happened to me with a mod on waypoint after the recent pro poll.  Arguing with me about how we are wrong to ask for changes to team arena/hcs balance and trying to explain the difference between HCS and Hardcore and arguing how "you're wrong cuz 343's philosophy" and we would screw up the balance and turn players away blah blah.  I can PM you a link if you want to read it, HOWEVER, i checked their game history and they had over 600 warzone games, 2 days of campaign playtime and only 6 team arena games TOTAL. None since the may season.  Don't argue with me about competitive 4v4 balance when you have absolutely 0 experience playing that way.  Im not going to argue about BTB or Warzone because I have 0 experience.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yeah, cause after thousands of kills with a vehicle, I clearly lack knowledge of how to use it and how it's physics work. The majority of your kills in H5 are with the magnum because you are an illogical player. Logical players will switch out the pistol for the many more powerful weapons available to them. Every Reach vehicle > every 343-made vehicle. Reach vehicles handle sensibly, realistically, and logically...ghost included. I've tested out the H5 vehicles enough to know how garbage they are in comparison to Reach's.

This is complete gibberish. Good lord.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The 343 hogs handle really well. They're fun to drive and the chaingun is strong as fuck. I don't have a problem with their health either. The only problem is how exposed the gunner is. He's so easy to kill that it makes the vehicle unviable.

I feel the opposite. I can't find myself having fun in 343 Warthogs unless it was the broken Gauss Hog in H4.

• Easy hitboxes to kill a gunner
  • Clunky handling, very heavy (Warthogs in H3 were made of helium and it was amazing)
  • Weak (from my experience) turret with overheating, the most unnecessary buzzkill to be introduced to Halo
  • Low HP

I think 343's Banshee is one of the more fun vehicles they've presented. In fact, all of their air vehicles are very fun. Phaeton, Wasp, and Banshee all are extremely enjoyable for me.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think every vehicle in 343 games handle like dog shit.

The ghost is EASY to drive in H5, it's the first time it can actually turn and strafe easily during it's boost, which is probably why people like it. I don't see that as a good thing, there's practically no reason to ever not boost. H3 you're choosing between speed or maneuverability, I like that. The weight felt realistic too. Good ol h3 physics engine.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel the opposite. I can't find myself having fun in 343 Warthogs unless it was the broken Gauss Hog in H4.

• Easy hitboxes to kill a gunner
  • Clunky handling, very heavy (Warthogs in H3 were made of helium and it was amazing)
  • Weak (from my experience) turret with overheating, the most unnecessary buzzkill to be introduced to Halo
  • Low HP

I think 343's Banshee is one of the more fun vehicles they've presented. In fact, all of their air vehicles are very fun. Phaeton, Wasp, and Banshee all are extremely enjoyable for me.

I would agree that H3 had the best warthog, overheating is an unnecessary mechanic (especially with how vulnerable the gunner is), and the HP is lower than I would like, although it's hardly a problem since the gunner always dies 2 or 3 times before the warthog does anyways.  But I like the way it handles.  I've liked the way all the warthogs have handled, minus how comically easy it was to flip them over in Reach.

That said, Reach had this awesome mechanic that I'm not sure exists in any other Halo. When you're rolling, if you accelerate you'll roll faster, and if you decelerate you'll roll slower, and if you pull L trigger your wheels will "stick", basically.  I got really good at landing on my wheels in Rocket Race in Multiteam because of that pleasant addition.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think every vehicle in 343 games handle like dog shit.

The ghost is EASY to drive in H5, it's the first time it can actually turn and strafe easily during it's boost, which is probably why people like it. I don't see that as a good thing, there's practically no reason to ever not boost. H3 you're choosing between speed or maneuverability, I like that. The weight felt realistic too. Good ol h3 physics engine.

Except you weren't maneuverable at all, even when not boosting. I was boarded more in H3 than any other Halo by a long shot because the thing was clunky as shit. Have you ever used the ghost on Isolation? 

I like the H5 ghost because it's intuitive. It always does what I expect it to do. I don't feel like I'm stuck in mud like I did in 3. It's really deadly in the right hands, but vulnerable enough that you need to pick your battles wisely.  I will admit that you get too much boost with it.  It's boost gauge should be much lower, so that you actually have to make tough decisions about when to boost.

I would agree that H3 had the best warthog, overheating is an unnecessary mechanic (especially with how vulnerable the gunner is), and the HP is lower than I would like, although it's hardly a problem since the gunner always dies 2 or 3 times before the warthog does anyways.  But I like the way it handles.  I've liked the way all the warthogs have handled, minus how comically easy it was to flip them over in Reach.

That said, Reach had this awesome mechanic that I'm not sure exists in any other Halo. When you're rolling, if you accelerate you'll roll faster, and if you decelerate you'll roll slower, and if you pull L trigger your wheels will "stick", basically.  I got really good at landing on my wheels in Rocket Race in Multiteam because of that pleasant addition.

Never knew about that Reach mechanic, thats pretty dope.

H5 added a similar thing with how you can slightly rotate/orient your vehicle when midair.

Weeks since they released Halo Forge to PC.  It feels like they haven't said a word about upcoming updates, progress on a server browser. Halo is dead to me. So many other good games to play right now. 

The vehicle balance in Halo 5 is a complete joke, but I'm almost positive it's because they are balanced around Warzone and nothing else. 

They have to be able to make through firefight round number 5.  That's their balancing criteria. 

If I press back to check the team scores, my game freezes for a good second or two.

Any fixes?

I've had the same issue for over 3 months, yet no one has said anything about it.

Is anyone else experiencing fucking horrific frame rate? I don't know what the deal is. A couple days ago I was playing on my box and my monitor and it was fine. Today I'm playing on my girlfriends box and her TV, and it's like playing an N64 game.