CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Preview program for the dashboard has a controller update that removes almost all deadzones on the xbox one controller. Might make h5 feel slightly better?

No. Halo 5 is a lost cause.

If they're going to do H3A just they should do it MWR style and remaster all the maps/dlc basically what H2A should've been and hopefully they keep game projectile based and don't make it hitscan.

That would be good enough for me so long as it actually functions correctly and the aiming isn't shit and there'd actually be a shooting skill gap due to the need to lead shots then I'd never have to touch 343i's version of "Halo" again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never gonna happen. Activision would never allow it. And besides, if Bungie made it then we can forget any hope of any beneficial balance changes (no BR spread, regen nerf, spiker buff, spike grenade buff, clunky ghost handling, etc).  Theres so much room for improvement in the H3 sandbox and I have no faith that Bungie would make any of it better.  We'd get better hit detection and that's it.  We can trust the studio to make a feature-complete, working-as-intended game at launch, but you can't trust their game balance judgement for shit.

Money talks and Microsoft could make it happen if they wanted to. Halo 3 requires no balance changes and the ghost handles fine(better than any 343-made ghost), although physics could be improved to be similar to the Reach ghost. Wraith and tank could definitely be improved to Reach levels. A Bungie made Halo 3 Anniversary would possibly be the highest selling Xbox One game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Preview program for the dashboard has a controller update that removes almost all deadzones on the xbox one controller. Might make h5 feel slightly better?

When did that come out?? Im on preview and just checked for firmware updates a few days ago

Sure it doesn't. lol.

As far as weapon balance goes, no it doesn't. Graphics and overall physics could be improved upon.

• Downvote (-1) 10

Sure it doesn't. lol.

I'd rather have Halo 4's Pistol as a starting weapon than the Halo 3 BR. Such a bad weapon, good lord.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As far as weapon balance goes, no it doesn't. Graphics and overall physics could be improved upon.

The BR. Movement and Strafe Acceleration. FOV. That's all that I think needs to be fixed in H3.

The netcode in general as well.

And in terms of overall sandbox the dual wield weapons could use an overhaul. The Mauler is the only good dual wield weapon worthy of picking up.

Who needs Halo 3 Anniversary when you can play MCC The Halo 3 Collection !  :flip:

MCC is dead in the water though population wise and not to mention the general brokenness of the game itself tbh if they do make a H3A is should be free or discounted(50%) for people who bought the MCC I'd rather just have a new game that works properly and can retain a decent population.

Though knowing 343 there probably just going to remaster the campaign add that to MCC without actually fixing shit then add some H3 themed REQs to H5.  :uncledrew:

I played a game, done the update, then played another game and it definitely feels better (still bad), but it did feel noticeably different. Could just of been a good connection or whatever it is that makes the aiming magically better some games and terrible in others. I'll keep playing.

I'd rather have Halo 4's Pistol as a starting weapon than the Halo 3 BR. Such a bad weapon, good lord.

I'll take H3's BR over, even with it's faults, over any of 343's depthless weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'll take H3's BR over, even with it's faults, over any of 343's depthless weapons.

What exactly is the "depth" you think that weapon had? It's a burst fire, projectile weapon with random spread and accompanying awful netcode. You have to lead your shots a bit and hope they don't randomly miss too much. Big deal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey guys whats up. There is a Gamebattles 2v2 tournament tomorrow night 11/2. It has a $290 prize pool if enough people sign up. There is currently 0 teams signed up. I'm making this post to let people know about and for people to sign up. It costs 5 credits to play in and should be fun if enough teams sign up.

Hey guys whats up. There is a Gamebattles 2v2 tournament tomorrow night 11/2. It has a $290 prize pool if enough people sign up. There is currently 0 teams signed up. I'm making this post to let people know about and for people to sign up. It costs 5 credits to play in and should be fun if enough teams sign up.

I wish I could, not to mention it's no radar.

The BR. Movement and Strafe Acceleration. FOV. That's all that I think needs to be fixed in H3.

The netcode in general as well.

And in terms of overall sandbox the dual wield weapons could use an overhaul. The Mauler is the only good dual wield weapon worthy of picking up.

Everything should be brought up to 2017 technical standards; physics, FOV, and netcode included. Fix the randomness of the BR, but I wouldn't buff or nerf anything. Don't want no overpowered autos in my H3.

Look, I love Halo 3 as much as the next guy, but it's sandbox was shit. Nearly every weapon barring the BR in that game was downright unusable.

I agree with you to an extent that Halo 5's sandbox doesn't have a lot of depth. Nearly every weapon is just an upgrade to TtK and/or ease of use. BUT that being said, the Magnum is the closest we've had to all the necessary traits a utility weapon needs.

Money talks and Microsoft could make it happen if they wanted to. Halo 3 requires no balance changes and the ghost handles fine(better than any 343-made ghost), although physics could be improved to be similar to the Reach ghost. Wraith and tank could definitely be improved to Reach levels. A Bungie made Halo 3 Anniversary would possibly be the highest selling Xbox One game.

Halo 3 was probably the second worst balanced Halo game. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Personally thought the AR was fine in H3 on lan. I wouldn't want too many changes other than what obviously needs changing like the BR spread and FOV.

Everything should be brought up to 2017 technical standards; physics, FOV, and netcode included. Fix the randomness of the BR, but I wouldn't buff or nerf anything. Don't want no overpowered autos in my H3.

You don't want any, but okay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah, I completely agree. I was just saying there are things that can be made better sandbox wise, but I don't think they should be messed with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really want to know who thought it was a genius design decision to just have shots miss for no reason.

And then the netcode is so bad that the game literally deletes bullets from existence, and never was it fixed.

Like what the hell

Halo 3 pisses me off more than 343's games sometimes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd hardly say announced. They had a small sentence in message of the day and that was it.

Wasn't it written in the Weekly Bulletin as well at the time? Maybe I'm wrong.

Money talks and Microsoft could make it happen if they wanted to. Halo 3 requires no balance changes and the ghost handles fine(better than any 343-made ghost), although physics could be improved to be similar to the Reach ghost. Wraith and tank could definitely be improved to Reach levels. A Bungie made Halo 3 Anniversary would possibly be the highest selling Xbox One game.

Halo 3 requires no balance changes...right. You know, some of your claims and statements regarding anything having to do with 343 remind me of Wargod, but at least his standards and praise apply to a deserving game. You make these sweeping generalizations based on almost zero experience, and then hold up this mediocre ass game in H3 as the end all be all. Halo 3 was good in spite of its game balance, not because of it.

Halo 5 has BY FAR the best handling ghost in the entire series. I would know. It's been my favorite vehicle for the entire series, and I' ve used the shit out of all of them. I wouldn't expect you to know how good the H5 ghost is because I can't imagine you've used it much, but naturally that didn't stop you from making sweeping claims based on limited to no experience with it. The H5 ghost is the way it should have been all along. Halo 4's was better than 3's too, but it was too vulnerable to Loadout rifles. The thing handled like a dream though. Certainly better than H3's City Bus simulator.

There are plenty of things to rip 343 on, and for the most part you and I are on the same page, but when you rip them for shit they actually did well you lose credibility.

• Upvote (+1) 7