CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Honestly, I don't understand how normal shields is a step forward in any way. That was one of the biggest problems with "Arena Breakout." Long precision kill times makes numbers advantage and team shot even stronger. The normal shields are almost certainly the reason the shotgun is in there at all: to empower individuals. Why 343 has an aversion to doing this with a good utility weapon, I have no idea.

I played a few games and it "feels" better with full shield.  You don't get fucked by spawn nades and making people miss/not missing with first shot in the precision battles actually matters now. buttt, pairing that with radar and shotguns really just makes it gross.  Its not worth your time either way.

So 343i is fine watching the franchise die? That's good to know.

Only thing that could save it now is a really good PC release with actual skill based gunplay, not the bullet magnetism fest Halo 5 is. 

Translation: "We know everybody loves Halo 5 MP, as it's the best in the series, and we've heard your feedback. So, Halo 6 will feature a much more robust Warzone mode with more prefab bases than ever before! Pre-order today!"

God, I'll cry.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Onyx 1700. These ranks suck ass. I know I don't deserve it.

You can de-rank now dontcha know?

Going completely off topic, is there a TeamBeyond forum equivalent for Gears of War? The official forums are just as bad if not even worse than Halo Waypoint is for Halo...

I don't expect it to exist, this place is special :mj:

You can go from Onyx to Diamond now?

Yup. You can go from Onyx to Bronze if you're really bad.

I like how there was no announcement or anything about it.  Like, idk a mention in the community update that comes out every week with the purpose of keeping the community.... updated.

It was announced when it was first introduced 2-3 months ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh was it?  when josh said "recent change" I checked the last few community updates to make sure I hadn't missed anything but there was no mention. my b

I know it was also mentioned on the transition loading screens in the game, but I don't know if it's still on there or not.

Speaking of which, I don't know if they're broke or 343 got rid of them, but  I only ever see maybe 3 different loading screens now. For example, I haven't seen the Snipetown, Ninja, or Lethul ones since the last update.

I know it was also mentioned on the transition loading screens in the game, but I don't know if it's still on there or not.

Speaking of which, I don't know if they're broke or 343 got rid of them, but  I only ever see maybe 3 different loading screens now. For example, I haven't seen the Snipetown, Ninja, or Lethul ones since the last update.

The only ones I have seen recently are about showing up on radar and how all weapons do extra head-shot damage once shields are gone.  All the good ones are gone.

The argument on waypoint is that the shotgun "give you a chance to clutch it" and they love it.  I think its dumb but whatever. same old story.  2 steps forward (Normal shields, return flag to your base) 2 steps back (shotgun, radar).

"Clutch" has come to mean "having the overpowered, easy-mode weapon" as opposed to "using my skill to outplay a larger enemy force."

And LOL at them adding radar to game modes rather than removing it. I'm glad I'm done with this game, company, and series.

• Upvote (+1) 5

"Clutch" has come to mean "having the overpowered, easy-mode weapon" as opposed to "using my skill to outplay a larger enemy force."

And LOL at them adding radar to game modes rather than removing it. I'm glad I'm done with this game, company, and series.

IT TAKES SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE TO KNOW WHEN TO PULL OUT A SHOTGUN

• Upvote (+1) 5

AND EVEN MORE SKILL TO LOOK AT YOUR RADAR AND YOUR SCREEN AT THE SAME TIME

AND IT TAKES MORE SKILL TO KNOW HOW TO HEAR THE ANNOUNCER CALL OUT THE WEAPON SPAWNS, HE SPEAKS ENGLISH IT'S HARD TO LISTEN YOU KNOW!

I'd hardly say announced. They had a small sentence in message of the day and that was it.

I'd hardly say announced. They had a small sentence in message of the day and that was it.

Then I redact my former redaction.  That doesn't really count imo.  I think thats something that someone who gets over-ranked should know so they don't think they are going to get shit on for the next 2 months.

Preview program for the dashboard has a controller update that removes almost all deadzones on the xbox one controller. Might make h5 feel slightly better?