CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'd pull for raven software to do it if MW remastered works out. At this point I'll take quite a few developers over 343 when it comes to a remaster.

They still have great technical skill. Enough so, that they could do H3A justice.

Never gonna happen. Activision would never allow it. And besides, if Bungie made it then we can forget any hope of any beneficial balance changes (no BR spread, regen nerf, spiker buff, spike grenade buff, clunky ghost handling, etc).  Theres so much room for improvement in the H3 sandbox and I have no faith that Bungie would make any of it better.  We'd get better hit detection and that's it.  We can trust the studio to make a feature-complete, working-as-intended game at launch, but you can't trust their game balance judgement for shit.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah honestly, I don't care about Halo 3 Anniversary. But if means an updated MCC with a new UI, playlists and working ranks from the start then go for it 343.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A working and improved H3A is probably the only thing that would get me back into the series by this point.

Never gonna happen. Activision would never allow it. And besides, if Bungie made it then we can forget any hope of any beneficial balance changes (no BR spread, regen nerf, spiker buff, spike grenade buff, clunky ghost handling, etc). Theres so much room for improvement in the H3 sandbox and I have no faith that Bungie would make any of it better. We'd get better hit detection and that's it. We can trust the studio to make a feature-complete, working-as-intended game at launch, but you can't trust their game balance judgement for shit.

I'd rather have Bungie making a faithful H3A with all its mistakes and issues than 343 trying to "fix it". 100% they would keep the BR spread, but add a shit ton of aim assist to compensate for it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

MCC was buggy mainly because it was rushed and overly-ambitious, not necessarily due to the outsourcing itself.

CEA didn't have anywhere near the number of problems, if I recall.

but it did have reach multiplayer  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone find that legendary post where cursedlemon rekt frankie about making lemonade and MCC?

I didn't really realize this before but H3A is the last opportunity that Microsoft will ever have to cash in on the old Halo hype with a lot of the older fans. No Halo game after H3 caught attention and carried Halo to the forefront of gaming in general except for MCC bringing it into a negative light. I feel like it would be remiss of Microsoft to let that chance go even if it is just from a dollars gained perspective. Its borderline heresy to say this on this website but if they could find time and justification to make a CEA campaign then they should have absolutely no problem with H3A seeing as the game it would be based off of was likely more than twice as popular and came with what people would consider the full feature set of a modern Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I didn't really realize this before but H3A is the last opportunity that Microsoft will ever have to cash in on the old Halo hype with a lot of the older fans. No Halo game after H3 caught attention and carried Halo to the forefront of gaming in general except for MCC bringing it into a negative light. I feel like it would be remiss of Microsoft to let that chance go even if it is just from a dollars gained perspective. Its borderline heresy to say this on this website but if they could find time and justification to make a CEA campaign then they should have absolutely no problem with H3A seeing as the game it would be based off of was likely more than twice as popular and came with what people would consider the full feature set of a modern Halo.

MS shot themselves in the foot by trying to put all the Halo's into on game, it just makes the whole premise of H3A seem pointless. Even if they were to make an excellent remake of Halo 3, people will just look at them and wonder why they couldn't have done that with MCC instead.

• Downvote (-1) 2

People will still buy H3A because its a Halo game. They'd be mad not to remake the most popular game in the series. No brainer really.

Forget H3 anniversary. I want a spin off game that uses HCE/2/3 type gameplay. Possibly a MP only f2p game.

Remasters are boring.

Breakout is ranked again?

Ever since they made it Shotgun starts, yeah.

Ever since they made it Shotgun starts, yeah.

Shotgun starts and you're still like 3 hits with the pistol. WTF?

Shotgun starts and you're still like 3 hits with the pistol. WTF?

Is it? I thought it was basically Slayer with one life and normal shields now?

Is it? I thought it was basically Slayer with one life and normal shields now?

Oh? I don't know. I haven't played this game in awhile. I don't keep up with things anymore.

Oh? I don't know. I haven't played this game in awhile. I don't keep up with things anymore.

Oh.

Well they revamped Breakout.

- Normal shields

- Shotgun/Pistol starts

- New maps (and removed the community ones)

- Radar added

- Flag must be taken to YOUR base to score, not the enemies

Oh.

- Normal shields

- Shotgun/Pistol starts

- Radar added

Ew Rader. I like the returning the flag to your base.. Normal shields is better. Shotgun though? Why not just stick with AR/Pistol Starts, or SMG/Pistol?  

Ew Rader. I like the returning the flag to your base.. Normal shields is better. Shotgun though? 

The argument on waypoint is that the shotgun "give you a chance to clutch it" and they love it.  I think its dumb but whatever. same old story.  2 steps forward (Normal shields, return flag to your base) 2 steps back (shotgun, radar).

• Upvote (+1) 1

The argument on waypoint is that the shotgun "give you a chance to clutch it" and they love it.  I think its dumb but whatever. same old story.  2 steps forward (Normal shields, return flag to your base) 2 steps back (shotgun, radar).

Honestly, I don't understand how normal shields is a step forward in any way. That was one of the biggest problems with "Arena Breakout." Long precision kill times makes numbers advantage and team shot even stronger. The normal shields are almost certainly the reason the shotgun is in there at all: to empower individuals. Why 343 has an aversion to doing this with a good utility weapon, I have no idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So did 343 really say Halo 5 is the base moving forward? So Halo 6 will most likely be another sprint, thrust, ADS nightmare? 

Oh.

- Normal shields

- Shotgun/Pistol starts

- Radar added

Wait so they have radar with shotgun starts? Holy shit the jokes just write themselves lmfao
  • Upvote (+1) 2

So did 343 really say Halo 5 is the base moving forward? So Halo 6 will most likely be another sprint, thrust, ADS nightmare? 

The first Halo I won't buy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup.