CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Seriously, did they nerf the Railgun? There was no mention of it in the last update that I saw.

Playing over the weekend I noticed numerous direct railgun hits that made people no shields rather than killing them, or was literally getting hit markers with no damage done. Then I'm watching UGC this AM and in the second match (ALG vs E6), ALG misses like 10 Railgun shots in game 1, which seems extremely uncharacteristic, especially being on LAN.

Seriously, did they nerf the Railgun? There was no mention of it in the last update that I saw.

Playing over the weekend I noticed numerous direct railgun hits that made people no shields rather than killing them, or was literally getting hit markers with no damage done. Then I'm watching UGC this AM and in the second match (ALG vs E6), ALG misses like 10 Railgun shots in game 1, which seems extremely uncharacteristic, especially being on LAN.

Nope.

I'm super excited to buy it. I've known for a while I was buying 3 brand new games in October (gears bf1 tf2). Time to complete the trifecta and kiss any free time goodbye.

Btw, anybody here live in LA? I guess I'm here until Monday bc the VPC that has my car isn't open on weekends, and suddenly now I have 2 days to kill in a strange city.

I do but I'm assuming you're already gone :(

Let's be honest, it wouldn't have worked anymore anyway.

Dammit! Your joke was funnier than mine. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Kinda crazy my usual group of local friends I play Halo with weekly (been going on since H3/Reach) are moving to CoD: MWR this week finally.

I just don't think this game ever had longevity, while it was cool to add things to it monthly, a lot of those were Day 1 of past Halo games. Top on the weird casual play purgatory arena between Arena and Warzone and you won't have fans stick around. Can't tell if Halo 4 or Halo 5 was my quickest Halo title to stop playing so far.

Oh well, let's pray for H3A is something close to the original and not a map pack for H5.

My cousins and I usually get together around this time of year and LAN H3 and CoD4. It's sad because they were huge Halo fans and don't even play games anymore really because mostly everything new sucks.

God, if you're real, give us a proper H3 remake with LAN support.

Kinda crazy my usual group of local friends I play Halo with weekly (been going on since H3/Reach) are moving to CoD: MWR this week finally.

I just don't think this game ever had longevity, while it was cool to add things to it monthly, a lot of those were Day 1 of past Halo games. Top on the weird casual play purgatory arena between Arena and Warzone and you won't have fans stick around. Can't tell if Halo 4 or Halo 5 was my quickest Halo title to stop playing so far.

Oh well, let's pray for H3A is something close to the original and not a map pack for H5.

Not to mention the lack of necessary balance changes and 0 communication about issues that are continuing to get worse.  I really love the bones of this game but their inability/unwillingness to fix a myriad of really simple, straightforward things is mind blowing.

I played H2C on MCC a couple nights this past week.  other than the occasional UI glitches and the Banshee on Ascension, it was the best time i have had playing halo in a long time.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i played h4 far longer than I should have, halo 5 I dropped as soon as a felt I wasn't having fun, with 4 I was trying to force myself to have fun but it just wasn't happening. That's the only reason I played 4 more than 5.

I have barely used the railgun in Halo 5, but this happened quite a few times to me in Halo 4. 

i played h4 far longer than I should have, halo 5 I dropped as soon as a felt I wasn't having fun, with 4 I was trying to force myself to have fun but it just wasn't happening. That's the only reason I played 4 more than 5.

Same here.  I was trying to convince myself that Halo 4 was good for far too long, which was probably about 4 months.

I was having fun with Halo 5 despite some reservations until the last few weeks.  The Auto glitch, balance and server issues have really put a damper on things.  If they release a patch that fixes the servers, ghost melee's, AR tap glitch, and tweaks the Splinter nade and Auto balancing alongside a "beta playlist" with the first round for testing no-radar HCS settings, i'll start playing more again.

To be fair, Titanfall 2 is totally dead on anything not named Xbox.

This doesn't change the fact that TF2 has a way more quick, stable and solid matchmaking system than H5. And it's a shame because i love Halo in general, i play almost nothing else.

after what happened with CE Anniversary and MCC why are people still clamoring for H3A? Let it RIP...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

after what happened with CE Anniversary and MCC why are people still clamoring for H3A? Let it RIP...

CEA was a bad first attempt - completely unfaithful textures and no MP.

H2A was a much better attempt - faithful textures, amazing cutscenes thanks to Blur and both classic and new MP. Sadly was the H2V port but still, lesson learned from CEA. 

H3A could be dope but people are just going to remember all the flaws the original had.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, if only i was able to find a single match at all....

Funny how Titanfall 2 is able to build a game in less than a minute in a 35ping server, in a mode with only 32 players total...

Just saying....

I was also having a lot of trouble finding games in Slayer in particular. Still, it was worth the smooth-for-once gameplay.

I eventually stopped playing because of the terrible matching system and the same thing will most likely happen with H5 as well since it's pretty similar. It's sad on my part that I can put up with all the crap in those games, but that's the one thing that makes me quit. I'll be getting BF1 or TF2 soon.

Had a good laugh on iFunny today.

http://ifunny.co/fun/g0A1JziG4

I've rarely seen any Halo related Features, but this one made my day. Juse look at all those likes.

"I think that Halo 5 is one of the best halos with all the features it's better than 2 3 4 I never play #1 it looks bad game and is"

:wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I loved H2A campaign graphics, it was how it should have been done. It was basically a layer over the original. Where they fucked up is with the MP, basically looked and played like H4.

If they're to make H3A, they need to just layer over the graphics, I dont want to be playing a Halo 5 mod. If they do that, fix the problems it had, maybe add some more maps and put it on dedicated servers I'll be on it all the time.

I think it could bring a lot of peope back if done correctly too.

EDIT- CoD4 remastered will save CoD, H3 remastered could save Halo.

I loved H2A campaign graphics, it was how it should have been done. It was basically a layer over the original. Where they fucked up is with the MP, basically looked and played like H4.

If they're to make H3A, they need to just layer over the graphics, I dont want to be playing a Halo 5 mod. If they do that, fix the problems it had, maybe add some more maps and put it on dedicated servers I'll be on it all the time.

I think it could bring a lot of peope back if done correctly too.

EDIT- CoD4 remastered will save CoD, H3 remastered could save Halo.

And you know, adding a silenced SMG, AR and Hornet. 

:wutface:  :wutface:

And you know, adding a silenced SMG, AR and Hornet. 

:wutface:  :wutface:

AR in H2A was hella fun and well designed, IMO.