CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Anyone remember Ske7ch from the B.net days? He's the new 343 community manager. Thought that's pretty cool.

He's the new community manager. Thought that was pretty cool.

Thanks, Bravo! As the end of my first week at 343 comes to a close, it’s a very surreal feeling to pick up this torch and jump back into the Halo community after a nearly six-year hiatus. A lot has changed during my post-Bungie cryosleep and this week has brought a veritable flood of emotions bursting with spores of excitement, nostalgia and honestly, a sprinkle of trepidation. 

Thankfully some things haven’t changed – namely my longstanding love of Halo, a kickass fan community and a community team comprised of awesome passionate folks who love their jobs! I’ve truly missed being an official part of Halo and while I did briefly mull over making a run at becoming the oldest ever HCS pro I’m thrilled that 343 spared me that humiliation and instead welcomed me into this more suitable role. It’s safe to say the community team now has a brand new worst Halo player to beat up on (though I’m pretty certain I can still crush Frankie).

It will certainly take some time for me to unlock all the necessary 343 community certs (sadly I seem no closer to finally acquiring a DMR) but it’s a journey I’m stoked to be starting and look forward to learning and experiencing together. To kick things off I’d love to get your help – please stop by the Waypoint forums to say hi, share any questions you have and I’ll do my best to answer them in next week’s update.

And finally, as I’m reliving so many great memories this week and we are gearing up to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the entire Halo Franchise, I’d love to hear some of your favorite Halo memories! Please share yours in our forums right here and we’ll highlight some of our favorites in the coming weeks as we celebrate this momentous milestone.

I know the music and now it’s time to dance. (go easy on me)

- ske7ch

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-ween-handoff

The Windows 10 version HAS FUCKING OFFLINE LAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!

This is HOW GAMES ARE DEVELOPED 343i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've already gone over this. Not only does the engine explode when playing custom games offline, but by creating a LAN option we could be attacked by hackers and injectors from as far away as 30 feet in all directions!

• Upvote (+1) 6

What the fuck

Like legitimately thats all I can say about it.

What the fuck fan fiction did I just play

I finished in 6 hours on heroic. 8-12 hours my ass. Definitely worst Halo campaign BY FAR

Never forget

• Upvote (+1) 5

You know I really wonder what 343 was thinking when they decided to emulate Halo reach which was the least popular Halo game in the series and armor abilities were hated by pretty much everyone and then when Halo 4 tanks even harder then Reach did population wise.

You would think they would realize that maybe don't like shit like armor abilities and prefer the classic Halo yet for some reason despite the abysmal population they still continue with this formula instead of trying to make a classic Halo game.

The gears fans are so lucky that they have a developer who respects the legacy of there games and wants to build upon what made it great and not bastardizing the series by turning into something that is nearly unrecognizable.

/rant

This is one of my favorite posts.

Nice to see @@Bravo get promoted for saying 'soon' so eloquently, I hope you enjoy being the guy that tells Ske7ch to say 'soon'.

The Windows 10 version HAS FUCKING OFFLINE LAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!

This is HOW GAMES ARE DEVELOPED 343i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Coalition has somehow become 343's first true competitor because now they have no more excuses.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The Coalition has somehow become 343's first true competitor because now they have no more excuses.

I can understand the comparison since they're on the same console in a similar genre but 343 has been holding Ls for years at this point. They're nothing without bungie's legacy. They can't hold the attention of their own audience to save their lives. Idk why people try to make excuses for them. All I see is a game developer doing less and accomplishing less than others.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes I wonder why I even continue to bother with Halo while 343 is at the helm. There are so many devs and franchises out there that care about their core fanbase and make games for them. Meanwhile 343 chases new users at the expense of their long time users at every turn.

They clearly don't want me here. Why am I here?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Leaving this rock on 3 hours boys. Headed to the land of crispy 5's and dank melees (Kansas). Those of you that have known me or seen me post over these last three years will know how big of a deal this is for me. I've been waiting for today for a LONG time :D

• Upvote (+1) 9

Florence was situated in a ugly swampy area and was filled with disease. Edinburgh had its rain and sombre dark yellowish bricks give birth to the Scottish enlightenment. Russia was cold and dreary when it gave rise to its literary geniuses, and the Soviet Union had its ability for film.

Passion for beauty and improvement comes from ugliness. Our current situation is what will cause Halo to bounce back (if it ever does) and is also an important factor to consider for multiplayer design. Halo 5 is infuriating but not punishing, and it has made zero attempt at placing negativity where it belongs. It's the safe space of gaming.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Florence was situated in a ugly swampy area and was filled with disease. Edinburgh had its rain and sombre dark yellowish bricks give birth to the Scottish enlightenment. Russia was cold and dreary when it gave rise to its literary geniuses, and the Soviet Union had its ability for film.

Passion for beauty and improvement comes from ugliness. Our current situation is what will cause Halo to bounce back (if it ever does) and is also an important factor to consider for multiplayer design. Halo 5 is infuriating but not punishing, and it has made zero attempt at placing negativity where it belongs. It's the safe space of gaming.

I read the first paragraph and thought you were going into something about WW1. lol I've been playing too much BF1.

I read the first paragraph and thought you were going into something about WW1. lol I've been playing too much BF1.

BF1 takes advantage of it. Clean modernity is tense and fragile and anxiety-inducing. Nobody would associate those adjectives with watching shows set in Victorian England, despite how simple and often-ugly that life would have been. The second law of thermodynamics is a law for a reason, and attempt shouldn't ever be made to break it: an ordered system is always more fragile, and a system that allows for appropriately-placed disorder is more robust. Please, 343, find me a popular sport that made its name through catering to everyone and both sides getting along, and I'll eat my cock. We won't hate you or your game for making us feel bad temporarily.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Leaving this rock on 3 hours boys. Headed to the land of crispy 5's and dank melees (Kansas). Those of you that have known me or seen me post over these last three years will know how big of a deal this is for me. I've been waiting for today for a LONG time :D

I'm so happy for you man lmao, you're a real trooper for enduring that connection
  • Upvote (+1) 2

The Coalition gives me hope in the video game industry. 343 on the other hand almost killed it. 

The Coalition amazes me. Features that the community requests, they receive.

If the community largely feels a weapon or weapons are too strong, they get re-balanced amongst the sandbox. The game hasn't even been out of a month and they made an entire list of improvements. We can't even get storm rifles re-balanced because people think it's "hard-coded". 

• Upvote (+1) 9

BF1 takes advantage of it. Clean modernity is tense and fragile and anxiety-inducing. Nobody would associate those adjectives with watching shows set in Victorian England, despite how simple and often-ugly that life would have been. The second law of thermodynamics is a law for a reason, and attempt shouldn't ever be made to break it: an ordered system is always more fragile, and a system that allows for appropriately-placed disorder is more robust. Please, 343, find me a popular sport that made its name through catering to everyone and both sides getting along, and I'll eat my cock. We won't hate you or your game for making us feel bad temporarily.

343 be like

Ramsay-Snow.gif

Titanfall 2 is really really good btw. Plays nothing like the tech test and the SP is miles better than H5. The story is good and some of the gameplay aspects are truly amazing. Without spoiling anything, there is a section of the game that plays closer to portal with wall running and guns than classic FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Titanfall 2 is really really good btw. Plays nothing like the tech test and the SP is miles better than H5. The story is good and some of the gameplay aspects are truly amazing. Without spoiling anything, there is a section of the game that plays closer to portal with wall running and guns than classic FPS.

I'm super excited to buy it. I've known for a while I was buying 3 brand new games in October (gears bf1 tf2). Time to complete the trifecta and kiss any free time goodbye.

Btw, anybody here live in LA? I guess I'm here until Monday bc the VPC that has my car isn't open on weekends, and suddenly now I have 2 days to kill in a strange city.

• Upvote (+1) 1