CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You didn't read their update about torque before it came out? The 343 level designer said he literally worked on torque for years lmao

I refuse to believe that. I don't want to live in that world. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's still there for everyone to read. Must've taken years to perfect the oscillating moving pistons everywhere lmao. Or the nauseating skybox. Or the intricate 2 lane design. Wow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

we already live in a world where am orange may win the presidential election. It has to be true.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I feel bad for anyone who said ok to Torque's lighting which makes me go blind when the map lights up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The people at 343, are they even Halo fans?

I don't think they understand what made Halo work.

I'm sure we as a community could come up with a much better balance and working game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You didn't read their update about torque before it came out? The 343 level designer said he literally worked on torque for years lmao

Did he wander around on desert for years while making the map ?

So i just read all of Vetoed's FFA improvement recommendations...

1) Immediate implementation of his changes would be a certain improvement over the current structure.

2) Is 343 so tied to their "universal settings" mantra that they didn't even remove open, center spawns from symmetrical maps?  Like, are the spawns for the FFA settings exactly the same as 4v4 and just neutral?

3) I still probably wont play it because of the continued inclusion of PW/PU's

I think the suppressor would be more interesting if its shots could bounce off surfaces and had a boost to tracking and projectile speed. Similar to the Scattershot.

I would really like to see a precision weapon (either sniper or rifle) of some sort that was really good at ricocheting, would make some really awesome montages and trick shots.

2) Is 343 so tied to their "universal settings" mantra that they didn't even remove open, center spawns from symmetrical maps?  Like, are the spawns for the FFA settings exactly the same as 4v4 and just neutral?

To be perfectly honest, I suspect that it's not so much a matter of "universal settings," but that they didn't give a fuck about FFA at all. It's basically just the 4v4 settings without teams. They did pretty much the same thing to Doubles.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's still there for everyone to read. Must've taken years to perfect the oscillating moving pistons everywhere lmao. Or the nauseating skybox. Or the intricate 2 lane design. Wow.

Or pixelated shadows everywhere
  • Upvote (+1) 1

To be perfectly honest, I suspect that it's not so much a matter of "universal settings," but that they didn't give a fuck about FFA at all. It's basically just the 4v4 settings without teams. They did pretty much the same thing to Doubles.

You're probably right.  Can forgers even choose how much ammo is in power weapons on spawn yet?  I know that wasn't a thing for a while.

You're probably right.  Can forgers even choose how much ammo is in power weapons on spawn yet?  I know that wasn't a thing for a while.

Yup, that's been a thing for a little bit now.

"Titanfall 2’s campaign is one of the best surprises of the autumn 2016 season; smart, superbly-paced and packed with action, it tramples over the likes of Halo 5 and Killzone: Shadow Fall, making this the new sci-fi shooter for CoD: Infinite Warfare to beat."

Source: http://www.trustedreviews.com/titanfall-2-review

Ouch. 

Beating Halo 5's campaign wasn't exactly difficult.

I really want to jump into TF2 but that tech test put me off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Beating Halo 5's campaign wasn't exactly difficult.

I really want to jump into TF2 but that tech test put me off.

Oh I know, it's just sad that a franchise with such a history of really good campaigns gets beat by a brand new game, SP wise. 

I barely played the tech test, too low fov, controller being terrible for fps, etc, but they have made some serious changes for the final release. 

Oh I know, it's just sad that a franchise with such a history of really good campaigns gets beat by a brand new game, SP wise. 

TF2 isn't out yet. Let's wait on judging the game's story.

TF2 isn't out yet. Let's wait on judging the game's story.

It could be pretty much any story imaginable and it will still be better than Halo 5's. With all the positive reviews on the SP, I'm okay will claiming it's better at this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I barely played the tech test, too low fov, controller being terrible for fps, etc, but they have made some serious changes for the final release.

Same. I like the first one quite a bit. Played the shit out of it. Tech test for tf2 just.. felt... meh. Hopefully they took feedback seriously

The people at 343, are they even Halo fans?

I don't think they understand what made Halo work.

I'm sure we as a community could come up with a much better balance and working game.

Well, they did hire people that hated Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Well, they did hire people that hated Halo.

I would pull up the Josh Holme's post directly refuting this bullshit but Im on mobile. They hired people who didn't like Halo for specific reason, people who wanted to make Halo what they thought was better. Maybe they didn't like two hit melees, maybe they didn't like it's relatively slow pace, or maybe they just hated bloom.

The original quite never stated what people actually didn't like, nor how they influenced the design of 343's halo. As far as we know, the whole 343 team could be CE fanboys that hated everything after it, but got forced to copy from CoD because of management/publishers, as unlikely as that sounds.

I'm not saying 343 don't have a horrible track record with most aspects of the franchise, but twisting words around to suite your one-dimensional agenda gets really bloody tedious.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I would pull up the Josh Holme's post directly refuting this bullshit but Im on mobile. They hired people who didn't like Halo for specific reason, people who wanted to make Halo what they thought was better. Maybe they didn't like two hit melees, maybe they didn't like it's relatively slow pace, or maybe they just hated bloom.

The original quite never stated what people actually didn't like, nor how they influenced the design of 343's halo. As far as we know, the whole 343 team could be CE fanboys that hated everything after it, but got forced to copy from CoD because of management/publishers, as unlikely as that sounds.

I'm not saying 343 don't have a horrible track record with most aspects of the franchise, but twisting words around to suite your one-dimensional agenda gets really bloody tedious.

It's funny, cause I see you trashing Halo 5 all the time, yet you're still up 343's ass. And of course Josh Holmes is going to refute it, but that's like Hillary Clinton saying she's done no wrong with the emails.

Clearly, they hired people who hated Halo because they wanted people to conform to their shitty vision for the franchise. 343 wants to milk "Halo" moniker for all it's worth, but does not want to make a true to form "Halo" game. As I've said before, karma is a bitch and eventually it'll catch up to 343.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be told i was up 343's ass lmao

• Upvote (+1) 7

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be told i was up 343's ass lmao

I'm not saying 343 don't have a horrible track record with most aspects of the franchise, but ...

Shill.  :kappa: