CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Propose another solution then. I'm not gonna get into it with you, it'd just be a waste of my energy.

Learn to code. Anything short of that is a waste of your energy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't posted on here in a while, but I still want Halo to be great again.

I've looked at like 3 months worth of posts, and if there is something that I think needs to be done is that I think this community needs to make amends and try to be more nice to the other communities. I just realized that thinking that we're "better" and that we know more is just causing tension and friction. Instead we need to be the leaders and rightfully show what needs to be done for a better game. We need REQ's gone for the next expansion. We need REAL communication, having Bravo jump in a couple of posts on reddit isn't good enough. We need to appeal to people that are pro-sprint and explain why the series was better in the past. But we can't just be hostile about it, we need real advocates and people with understanding with YouTube channels. 

And straight up, bitching on this forum isn't going to do anything whatsoever. Looking at 3 months of posts was like listening to the same conversation OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, yes Halo 5 sucks, yes Waypoint is a wierd fever dream, yes the MCC was a cashgrab, yes 343 are incompetent. But if anything has to change it has to be the dialogue and the unity of the community. We all have a different vision for what Halo should be, I think absolutely everyone recognizes that. But unless we unify and get some things straight we're pretty much screwed with 343 at the helm. Yo I really want to buy Halo 6 and have a blast but if we don't link up and hold people accountable all of this angst and strife is just a waste of mental energy. So lets please just figure out a way to make things better.

You're about 4-6 years too late here bud. You think no one tried this yet?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Why can't they just make Breakout work.

No radar. Attack and defend rounds. Magums only, maybe BR pick up with no respawn.

Have it based around team work, shot and movement.

Not, Radar camp with shotgun, run flag in a route they can't get me from, run around with shotguns etc.

Who thought of putting shotguns on it, and who agreed should be sacked.

To many people working on halo who, Don't know what they are doing!!

This is why map remixes are just awful. They're forced to piece together assets from other purpose designed map to make new ones and it usually ends up shitty.

Okay?

What about it?

We should be able to LAN, and we can't. Shit sucks man. Offline components should be a standard in this type of game.

This is why map remixes are just awful. They're forced to piece together assets from other purpose designed map to make new ones and it usually ends up shitty.

Except Eden.

Eden > Empire

• Upvote (+1) 4

Laughing my ass off at Waypoint. "What's the hardest to use weapon?"

"Obviously it's the suppressor, or the shotgun."

Are you fucking kidding me? One literally aims for you, and the other requires the bare minimum in positional skill.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/whats-the-hardest-weapon-to-use/e89fde4b-7c26-41ed-8dd2-71d8da9a4083/posts

Laughing my ass off at Waypoint. "What's the hardest to use weapon?"

"Obviously it's the suppressor, or the shotgun."

Are you fucking kidding me? One literally aims for you, and the other requires the bare minimum in positional skill.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/whats-the-hardest-weapon-to-use/e89fde4b-7c26-41ed-8dd2-71d8da9a4083/posts

I mean if we're talking hardest to kill, it probably is the Suppressor because that shit takes a century to kill.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I mean if we're talking hardest to kill, it probably is the Suppressor because that shit takes a century to kill.

Was literally just about to say this. If they're talking hardest to get a kill with, the Suppressor by a large margin.

The suppressor is so ass in this game (relative to everything else). Easy way to take off damage and be annoying with it I suppose though.

Sure, I guess. But the act of using the gun requires little to no effort.

Sure, I guess. But the act of using the gun requires little to no effort.

This is true. You can kind of lump this question into two categories.

Which gun takes the most skill? The magnum.

Which gun is the hardest to kill with? The Suppressor.

I just want to say that when the no radar series was brought up, I had hopped back on Halo 5 for custom 4's for the first time in a LONG time.

On Rig, there's a suppressor variant called Song of Peace? Once I found it I refused to do anything but go directly for that weapon and use it only. Got like 8 incredibly easy kills with it. If you ever play me in matchmaking, you know where to find me. I'll be back rail absolutely abusing the living shit out of this gun and the fact that it aims for you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just want to say that when the no radar series was brought up, I had hopped back on Halo 5 for custom 4's for the first time in a LONG time.

On Rig, there's a suppressor variant called Song of Peace? Once I found it I refused to do anything but go directly for that weapon and use it only. Got like 8 incredibly easy kills with it. If you ever play me in matchmaking, you know where to find me. I'll be back rail absolutely abusing the living shit out of this gun and the fact that it aims for you.

I've never actually used that gun. SMARTAN had actually wanted to test that gun out for the Evolved settings quite a while ago but I don't think we got around to it. What does that gun actually do? Is it just a more damage per bullets, faster fire rate, etc?

Better question is, is it OP? Lol!

The Song of Peace is everything the default Suppressor should be but isn't because they can't buff it because it would simply become the Song of Peace.

Warzone REQs man...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've never actually used that gun. SMARTAN had actually wanted to test that gun out for the Evolved settings quite a while ago but I don't think we got around to it. What does that gun actually do? Is it just a more damage per bullets, faster fire rate, etc?

Better question is, is it OP? Lol!

Larger mag size for sure, and I think it has a higher RoF. Pretty sure damage per bullet is the same though.  Moa is right, it's the correct suppressor.

I think the suppressor would be more interesting if its shots could bounce off surfaces and had a boost to tracking and projectile speed. Similar to the Scattershot.

Aiming can be adjusted to how it was in the H5 beta... effectively negating the 2 turn system.

that's a rough one

that's a rough one

When he was questioned, all he said was change the aim acceleration to H5 beta values (2). I guess aim acceleration is the ONLY part of an aiming system, according to Rudy. My bad. 2-turn doesn't exist. -_-

Two of the last three games for me teammates have dropped out from the beginning. Including one where I had to play one on Three from the very start

Honestly, Torque is such a joke of a map it makes me wonder if 343 is just trolling us. Dual snipes, camo, sword, smgs, tons of splinters, and H2 BR's. I mean they HAVE to be trying to make a shitty map like this right? Even on paper this sounds awful.

I really wish every map didn't have 58373738 different weapons on it. All the issues the maps have get even worse when you aren't playing 4v4 only. Have y'all played Triple Team Slayer yet? This gametype shows how broken all these maps are. Tyrant with 6 other enemies? It's a GREAT time. Oh well, here's to hoping 343 will one day make a decent social gametype on actual good maps.

Oh and if you're bored, take a look at the headshot category and tools of destruction after your games. Really shows how great the magnum is and how "balanced" those wonderful autos are!

Honestly, Torque is such a joke of a map it makes me wonder if 343 is just trolling us. Dual snipes, camo, sword, smgs, tons of splinters, and H2 BR's. I mean they HAVE to be trying to make a shitty map like this right? Even on paper this sounds awful.

I really wish every map didn't have 58373738 different weapons on it. All the issues the maps have get even worse when you aren't playing 4v4 only. Have y'all played Triple Team Slayer yet? This gametype shows how broken all these maps are. Tyrant with 6 other enemies? It's a GREAT time. Oh well, here's to hoping 343 will one day make a decent social gametype on actual good maps.

Oh and if you're bored, take a look at the headshot category and tools of destruction after your games. Really shows how great the magnum is and how "balanced" those wonderful autos are!

You didn't read their update about torque before it came out? The 343 level designer said he literally worked on torque for years lmao

• Upvote (+1) 8

You didn't read their update about torque before it came out? The 343 level designer said he literally worked on torque for years lmao

HOLY SHIT LOL. That's kinda painful to hear. Geez.
  • Upvote (+1) 3