CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

6. First, I outright stated that view obstruction is an issue. Second, there's a gradual shift between FOVs in older Halos when you zoom. I don't why you keep denying it, but it's very noticeable and definitely not instant.

Just want to quickly mention as well, that this is a VERY good thing to have. That gradual shift makes adjusting to the new screen state a much smoother process than an instantaneous shift would. It keeps all the action in the gameworld readable during the zoom transition, and provides you with a frame of reference for how much the game has magnified your view.

I actually find that the H5s sniper zoom transition is a little too fast. I know what they we're trying to do by making it that quick, but the zoom speed was not why it felt clunky in the beta, it was the animation that changed with your movement and could potentially block your view, and also that you could no longer zoom while the switch-to animation was happening, unlike in the previous games.

Good:

• Extended Mag Pistol
  • More segmented maps
  • Power Weapons

Bad:

• SHOTGUN
  • Radar
  • SHOTGUN
  • Flag Pull to Home
  • SHOTGUN

@@Deez

Pistol Only Breakout with WIDER and lane based maps and a dual bomb-extraction style obj would be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Breakout got updated. Will post major changes.

Its got full shields now, the starting weapons are the SHOTGUN AND EXTENDED MAG PISTOL? Shottie only has 5 shots

And its got a fucking radar.

Might have to jump on just to see how bad this plays. Shotty elimination with radar on, why didn't we think of this sooner?

I don't doubt your intentions or your frame counting skills, but I just need to say there's no fucking way that ADS in Halo 5 is the same speed as zoom in any other Halo game. I literally was playing H2c and H2a last night and I sat in one spot zooming in and out, in awe at how quick it was. Seriously, there's no way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

God, they're SO awful at improving gametypes. They just continually make them worse. lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Delete if not allowed, but just wanna get some more eyes on this. My mate has dedicated the last 2 and a half years of his life to making this thing as good as possible. Super Smash Brothers has the Smash Bros documentary, and now Halo has it's own version finally:

Episode 1 of 12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6OE9AARua4

Loved it. As an Aussie, great to see some of the faces that were destroying me on MCC.

343 has to be like the worst AAA studio out there, the changes don't make sense, why Shotgun secondary if you are going to add radar. Its like they put a bunch of interns to do the playlist updates.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Breakout got updated. Will post major changes.

Its got full shields now, the starting weapons are the SHOTGUN AND EXTENDED MAG PISTOL? Shottie only has 5 shots

And its got a fucking radar.

Is this a joke?

HCS ready boys.

why Shotgun secondary if you are going to add radar.

Because they wanted a 'unique dance' that radar offers.

by enabling full shields, as well as motion tracker to more closely match Arena settings. Now you’ll have more time to react when getting shot or survive a blast from a Frag Grenade. The encounters will have that unique “dance” that only Halo combat offers.

:wutface:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mode-a-la-mode

• Upvote (+1) 2

The fact that this idea was actually considered for an improvement is crazy. But the fact that it was considered, play tested AND added shows us how wonderful 343 is. This playlist is absolutely horrendous. Shotgun? Radar? Full shields? A bunch of weapons? And we can't even get no radar in arena. 343 STOP ALLOCATING RESOURCES TO BREAKOUT IT IS A BAD GAMETYPE.

And then you realize these are THE SAME PEOPLE MAKING HALO 6. I was actually starting to become hopeful for the future of this franchise, but only a fucking maniac would do that. Seriously Microsoft, CHANGE THE MANAGEMENT AT THIS COMPANY.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

First they put the last nail in the coffin that was BTB (seriously, the playlist is absolute garbage now) and now this. What else can you call this shit but incompetent?

• Upvote (+1) 2

First they put the last nail in the coffin that was BTB (seriously, the playlist is absolute garbage now) and now this. What else can you call this shit but incompetent?

This has to be intentional, they are sabotaging Arena so they can justify removing it completely for the next game. Calling it now Halo6 Multiplayer will be only Warzone and its variants.

This has to be intentional, they are sabotaging Arena so they can justify removing it completely for the next game. Calling it now Halo6 Multiplayer will be only Warzone and its variants.

It doesn't have to be "intentional", at least from a certain perspective. Its simply the nature of micro-transactions; generally, a company is going to work harder on the aspects of the game that make them money, and that generality is amplified by lacking focus. Fixing issues in the BTB playlist does not create revenue. Making well-designed free DLC maps doesn't create revenue. REQs do.

And this isn't something limited to 343's often asinine design decisions, "good" companies, like Valve, easily fall victim to it. Before TF2 was just a microtransaction and meme generator, there was a legitimate game and community behind it. CS:GO is now associated with skins just as much as it is a 5v5 squad shooter. While once the microtransaction system was designed around these games, the games are now designed around the system, and they demonstrate that even systems designed to be purely aesthetic can easily corrupt a game's original design.

It doesn't have to be "intentional", at least from a certain perspective. Its simply the nature of micro-transactions; generally, a company is going to work harder on the aspects of the game that make them money, and that generality is amplified by lacking focus. Fixing issues in the BTB playlist does not create revenue. Making well-designed free DLC maps doesn't create revenue. REQs do.

And this isn't something limited to 343's often asinine design decisions, "good" companies, like Valve, easily fall victim to it. Before TF2 was just a microtransaction and meme generator, there was a legitimate game and community behind it. CS:GO is now associated with skins just as much as it is a 5v5 squad shooter. While once the microtransaction system was designed around these games, the games are now designed around the system, and they demonstrate that even systems designed to be purely aesthetic can easily corrupt a game's original design.

OK. Then why did they dedicate time and resources to "refreshing" Breakout yet again, when it has basically no relation to the REQ system and basically no one plays it?

• Upvote (+1) 2

OK. Then why did they dedicate time and resources to "refreshing" Breakout yet again, when it has basically no relation to the REQ system and basically no one plays it?

Uhhh what time and resources are we talking about here? With the current settings I'm assuming not much of either was spent on playtesting, although it looks like some time was definitely spent recreating the maps, which makes me wonder if the CC's helped a bit. And with nobody playing it, that just means nobody gets too upset with more radical changes.

Even so, what I said is a generalization. They're not going to literally drop the rest of the game. They'll still do things that don't have a direct "carrot attached to a stick" relationship here. Its a subtle, insidious phenomena that changes the focus of balance and design overall and over time. The amount of time they've spent total on Breakout since launch is a laughably small fraction of time compared to the amount they likely spent designing, modeling, texturing, debugging, playtesting, and shipping REQ weapons for even a single update.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New Breakout is so much better than old breakout. High bar, I know. I played the 10 to place and really enjoyed having individual skill back in.  The flag pull to your base seems to work well to make sure there are no ties.

New Breakout is so much better than old breakout. High bar, I know. I played the 10 to place and really enjoyed having individual skill back in.  The flag pull to your base seems to work well to make sure there are no ties.

Yeah, 5sk starting weapons, radar, and shotgun starts sure do emphasize individual skill.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, 5sk starting weapons, radar, and shotgun starts sure do emphasize individual skill.  :kappa:

Compared to OG breakout, where you actually have a chance out shoot someone, yes. People love the mag. Radars in every other playlist, not a big deal. Shotgun's an interesting play, but I thought it played pretty well. Please go S. A D.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Compared to OG breakout, where you actually have a chance out shoot someone, yes. People love the mag. Radars in every other playlist, not a big deal. Shotgun's an interesting play, but I thought it played pretty well. Please go S. A D.

This is bait.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Just read about new Breakout, 343i failed to meet my expectations, they surpassed them.

Who seriously tought that adding shotgun was good Idea, the 6 year old @ 343 ?

Dare I say adios "Halo 6"*.

*Halo 6 contains microtranactions, and is hero based shooter with ADS and Exotic weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1