CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Let's just say this.

Team Beyond community is brilliant. 

Honestly, I have had 0 problems with anyone of you guys here, you are all brilliant, you lot are da real MVP.

Team Beyond community is superior to every other community is TOO MANY WAYS, it's funny.

Waypoint is a bunch of 343 fanboys telling the normal people that they are nostalgia blinded, it's hilarious.

R/halo is just a bunch of warzone gifs, so no valid discussions are actually done.

But this site

Whatever you have created @@CyReN, give yourself a pat on the back. 

tumblr_nxo1y67TGA1qfy8apo1_400.gif

This site compared to other forums, is gold. 

Thank you team beyond, thank you for being the best you can be.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Let's just say this.

Honestly, I have had 0 problems with anyone of you guys here, you are all brilliant, you lot are da real MVP.

Team Beyond community is superior to every other community is TOO MANY WAYS, it's funny.

Waypoint is a bunch of 343 fanboys telling the normal people that they are nostalgia blinded, it's hilarious.

R/halo is just a bunch of warzone gifs, so no valid discussions are actually done.

But this site

I agree for the most part.  This community can be kinda waypointy at times too though, les be honest. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

What seems to be the general consensus on Halo 5 here?

I get the vibe that its not shit, but its not great, but could be nearing great with the right fixes?

Somethings it does great, some things it fails at, yadda yadda yadda the same deal since H2 give or take. It's generally very personal whether you can manage to enjoy it.

I personally don't play it because of it's clunky aiming system, and horrible game design stuff like spartan charge and Warzone bosses.

Good find on the paper, but it just goes to assert what I am saying. If torso rotation is increased to compensate for a restriction in the arms/change in the leverage of the system, then holding a weapon steady becomes more difficult the faster one goes because the method of holding a weapon steady that is a firearm stance REQUIRES a rigid torso. There is some form of a linear (I'm going to state linear since generally speed increases from going from walking/running/sprinting tend to have a linear increase in cardiovascular strain) relationship between speed and Torques on the human body. So the faster one goes, the more you have to balance the angular momentum about the vertical axis from the legs through some form of counter balance. More rotation of the torso is not the answer.

It's not. The answer is pelvis rotation. You only need to compensate the angular momentum. With which part of your body you do that is more or less irrelevant.

While one can probably maintain a jog with a weapon steady at the expense of metabolic efficiency, hitting top speed won't be possible this way and I'm sure that even Spartans, who have ridiculously efficient metabolic systems, won't be able to do so. Yes, the mass of the weapon relative to the spartans armor is definitely negligible, but the paper even states that "actively swinging the arms provides both metabolic and biomechanical benefits during human running."

Yes, but it benefits in net metabolic power, not in speed cap. I admit that energy consumption may be higher - although the paper tested its subjects on a treadmill, which does not account for wind resistance and drag coefficients, which gets significantly reduced when you stop swinging your arms, especially if you use a pointy weapon muzzle as a way to separate the airflow in front of you, making the body more streamlined.

Again, I wouldn't be arguing this so passionately, if I didn't know for a fact that it works. When running gun up (plastic gun, because of the mass ratio and less strain on the arms), I definitely get within 5% of my top running speed.

Oh and the last thing, we have that number of 55mph top speed for Spartan-II's (more for Kelly) from Fall of Reach.

Simple conversion shows that this comes out to 24.6 m/s top speed for general S-IIs. Comparing to your rough estimate of 7 m/s, chief is jogging lightly at 28.45% of his top speed. Let's say average running speed for a human (for a short t = time) is 15mph, which is reasonable. This comes out to 6.7m/s. So really, chief is maintaining a slightly faster pace than an average human for a veryyyyyy long time, practically indefinitely according to the games. This is the real strength of the S-IIs, and something we see reflected with chiefs character throughout the games, is their ENDURANCE. That's what really shows how S-IIs are "super-human." Unforunately (fortunately), Halo isn't a running simulator so we can't really take any of this data or logical conjecture as being particularly accurate.

Well, if we were to take lore into consideration, then Spartan-IIs are known to be running at up to 15m/s while still shooting accurately, which is about twice as said human running estimate. This number was once again calculated by using known character heights to calculate distances (in this case 6 meters for the distance of one of these "arcs"), then frame-counting the time they need for said distance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's just say this.

But this site

r/halocirclejerk > TeamBeyond...

:kappa:

That took you long enough. I beat you by one year. 

Both of you need to git gud.

Two perma bans over here, on the same account.

Although, I'm not exactly trying to make that happen again.

Both of you need to git gud.

Two perma bans over here, on the same account.

Although, I'm not exactly trying to make that happen again.

I definitely think I would go back to post on the forums again if I could raise from the grave. 

Was it you that had the "master of unicorns" title?

a73116d294c34da1f4f3b5a71f979745.png

What date is29/10/2552anyway? I mean the exact date. I know the Halo universe is set around 2552. 

I definitely think I would go back to post on the forums again if I could raise from the grave. 

What date is29/10/2552anyway? I mean the exact date. I know the Halo universe is set around 2552. 

I went on halo wikia, and there isnt a date for 29th of october.

I think it is random

Just a random date for an in-universe year.

Halo 5's events took place towards the end of 2558, I think.

Wait, how did you appeal the ban, WP ban appeals dont do shit

When I appealed it, it was done through a community email address.

I'm not sure how it is done these days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Last night while going to sleep, I came up with what my next forge project will be.  In dedication to another one of my favorite C.E. maps, I came up with the idea to make a symmetrical version of Rat Race.   Hopefully this one actually turns up symmetrical since my last project did not...

I plan on calling it Facility-RR

I was not able to find any Rat Race remakes on the content browser or on Forge Hub so this will also allow me to pretty easily, hopefully make a decent remake as well. 

The idea is to basically mirror the map along the x axis. (X-axis being the long, lowest part of the map down under where OS spawns)  (gray area pictured below)

Each base would be a high point, with ramps leading down to the gray, neutral portion of the map.  The second floor tunnel that usually connects to overshield would now be connected from both bases. 

Here is a really simple layout showing the concept.   Note: It doesn't show the tunnel to OS.

pnQmd7x.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's really unfortunate that a simple thing like the lack of party restrictions makes me dead ass not want to play this game.

Doubles has always been my go to playlist. I've gotten so frustrated that I've purposely started getting bronze and silver accounts to avoid high blood pressure.

Last night, I shit you not, I got paired with an onyx who was searching with his Gold friend ON MY SILVER 1 account. My teammate was unranked.

It's funny that a game with a ranking system works 100% worse than Reach doubles playlist lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Thanks, but I'm in a better mood because I can still read most of it and I called them up and a nice lady said she would personally look if the replacement Mythos is all good and she will also send it in much safer packaging than the other copy.

Also, I don't have to send my messed up copy back until I get the new version. I'm happy the response was great with whole thing.

That's really good! Hopefully the next is entirely legible and enjoyable. Super jelly you got that book, though. Been wanting it for so long and the response to it has only made me more excited.

I'm done arguing about this anyway. He's not even reading anything I'm saying lol. Saying that I'm dismissing the existence of heavy aim when I clearly said several times that it probably does exist. Would just be nice to know what the actual problem is so 343 could potentially come up with a solution. Speaking as someone who is a developer himself, if you're able to reproduce an issue, it's a shit ton easier to debug said issue. Because the issue can be reproduced with a certain set of inputs.

That's literally all the hell I was saying lol. "You never experienced it. You don't know!" Umm.. then just explain the issue then dude. Jeezus. He said he'll make a video about it though. Dope. Pretty sure all of us will be waiting for it.

Responding to this in the correct thread.

Heavy aim does exist, but I have reason to believe it is tied to latency. I don't buy into the press-start stuff, but I know for sure that aiming on my college internet, or at my friend's house on about 30ms ping is night and day different (faster) than playing at my parent's house on 90-100ms DSL.

Best way I can describe it is imagine playing on 4/3 for a day, but then the game randomly drops you to 3/2 in the middle of a game. That's what it feels like to me. I never really think to pres start when it's happening, so I don't know if that actually has any effect or not. I've always just assumed that was a placebo.

Aiming cannot be tied to latency, unless the frame rate/system performance of the game is literally anchored to the tick rate of the host, which would be fucking ridiculous. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Responding to this in the correct thread.

Heavy aim does exist, but I have reason to believe it is tied to latency. I don't buy into the press-start stuff, but I know for sure that aiming on my college internet, or at my friend's house on about 30ms ping is night and day different (faster) than playing at my parent's house on 90-100ms DSL.

Best way I can describe it is imagine playing on 4/3 for a day, but then the game randomly drops you to 3/2 in the middle of a game. That's what it feels like to me. I never really think to pres start when it's happening, so I don't know if that actually has any effect or not. I've always just assumed that was a placebo.

An answer like this was literally, 100% exactly what I was looking for lol. Thank you. It being tied to latency is very plausible, especially since I've stated that yes, I haven't personally experienced it; at least I don't think I have. To mention, I personally have a 100 down/25 up connection in Central US. So I may not have too much difficulty with a server on either coast latency wise. My argument to the other guy was that it would be nice to know how this problem worked.

I've had a few games where I've definitely been like.. Damn, can't hit shit right now. And the connection felt terrible. That may have been an instance where I have experienced it but may not noticed it too much. What do you think though, if the issue is latency related, how would that correspond to pressing start and refreshing the "frames"? (I forget the term that was used here, has been a while since I've discussed this, was it the framerate?)

I only say it could potentially be a placebo because if what you're saying is potentially the case, I fail to see how the latency would affect how the game renders on your own screen. I can understand other character models skipping around, but I'm curious about how it would affect the direct user interface.

Edit: I didn't see this when I made my response but to emphasize my point, this!

Aiming cannot be tied to latency, unless the frame rate/system performance of the game is literally anchored to the tick rate of the host, which would be fucking ridiculous. 

The only possibility I can think of right now is if the heavy aiming may be tied to the aim assist, which could be affected by the latency... That's the only thing I can think of on the top of my head.

I was going to go on a little rant about how servers and aiming can't be related at all, but this is 343 and some pros seem to SWEAR that it feels better when they're on a local.

I'm still 99% sure but you know.