CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Waypoint is not worth going to.  I rarely post there because the only people worth conversing with there are people from here. It's garbage and it's a waste of time.

It's worth going to if you ever need a new signature.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't know who did it.

Will say I never expected to get banned for what I was banned for.  I always thought it would be flying off the handle at some pro-sprint recruit-iron, and not for making a random joke about feminism.

Dude my past few bans before that were also for absolutely ******** reasons.  One for making a Shrek is Life joke but without all the innuendo.  One for criticizing specific mod actions on the forum like unnecessarily moving posts to dead sections.

Ye, definitely.

@@SpitFlame

It was probably for the first line.

I have NO idea why they censored the second post though. Like, wut?  Just giving definitions for things.

Have you messaged one of the mods about it? It seems like an incredibly stupid thing to be banned for.

It's worth going to if you ever need a new signature.

Savery's sig is by far my favourite, the one with Doodlebob representing Waypoint and Squidward as TB.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My final and as a result permanent ban was when I bashed the 'last bullet' Boss kill mechanic. I mentioned that it is a bad idea, just like 343's infamous wheelchair spartan from GDC 2013. I guess Doodle didn't see my intent with the post and thought I was taking a shot at berating physically or mentally challenged individuals.

One would think that the majority of the moderation staff of an official website would be more up to date/informed on the product or service being offered.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have you messaged one of the mods about it? It seems like an incredibly stupid thing to be banned for.

I don't really want to bother right now.  I doubt the appeal would go through anyways.

Savery's sig is by far my favourite, the one with Doodlebob representing Waypoint and Squidward as TB.

Yeah lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 1

sigh

Just finally got Halo Mythos delivered to me and the book was damaged and unreadable at some parts.

Badly damaged book sleeve, dirt or something on the cover underneath, significant tear on the inside and six pages (two each) are hooked onto each other at the top of the page and I can't open them.

What the fuck.

cm-punk.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a heads up for anyone who noticed frame drops in the BTB refresh.

It's invisible blockers. Too many of them. Invisible or not it's not a good idea to just vomit invisible blockers all throughout the corners of a map when all you have to do is make one instakill border at the top. Antifreeze has like, 200 of them in the middle and surprise, that's also where you have to be looking for the performance to plummet.

Deleting them nearly doubles performance.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just a heads up for anyone who noticed frame drops in the BTB refresh.

It's invisible blockers. Too many of them. Invisible or not it's not a good idea to just vomit invisible blockers all throughout the corners of a map when all you have to do is make one instakill border at the top. Antifreeze has like, 200 of them in the middle and surprise, that's also where you have to be looking for the performance to plummet.

Deleting them nearly doubles performance.

If that's the issue then hopefully it gets fixed soon because Jesus the framerate is atrocious. Why'd they even add all those barriers in the first place?

sigh

Just finally got Halo Mythos delivered to me and the book was damaged and unreadable at some parts.

Badly damaged book sleeve, dirt or something on the cover underneath, significant tear on the inside and six pages (two each) are hooked onto each other at the top of the page and I can't open them.

What the fuck.

cm-punk.gif

Truly feel for you. 

tumblr_inline_nikao14VYW1qbohsk.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

What seems to be the general consensus on Halo 5 here?

I get the vibe that its not shit, but its not great, but could be nearing great with the right fixes?

I get the vibe that its not shit, but its not great, but could be nearing great with the right fixes?

Remove Sprint, Radar, Autos and implement party restrictions and you have the best Halo since CE 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Truly feel for you. 

tumblr_inline_nikao14VYW1qbohsk.gif

Thanks, but I'm in a better mood because I can still read most of it and I called them up and a nice lady said she would personally look if the replacement Mythos is all good and she will also send it in much safer packaging than the other copy.

Also, I don't have to send my messed up copy back until I get the new version. I'm happy the response was great with whole thing.

1. Remove sprint and Radar from Team Arena.

2. Buff Radar for everywhere else.

3. Buff magnum to 4 shots to kill.

4. Fix the base aiming system.

5. FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER DEITY YOU PRAY TO, FIX THE BASE AIMING SYSTEM!

6. Give us -insert any and all missing game modes here-.

7. Dev made BtB maps.

8.Completely redesign the menu systems across the board. Seriously.

9. Throw Spartan charge in the trash next to Bloom and Armor lock.

Just a few things.

• Upvote (+1) 3

sigh

What the fuck.

cm-punk.gif

so you are saying even non-digital 343 media is broken and bug infested :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

I need to start looking for another FPS to play. Playing MM in New Zealand is getting hard. Finding games is taking too much time and it won't improve. I don't see the game lasting until 2018 when Halo 6 launches. Its a shame really, even with all the flaws, the games actually really enjoyable.

Its hard to be a Halo fan when sometimes it feels like the numbers are in the hundreds.

If that's the issue then hopefully it gets fixed soon because Jesus the framerate is atrocious. Why'd they even add all those barriers in the first place?

Warthogs and Ghosts can bump players out of the map if you don't hermetically seal it. I haven't looked too closely at Antifreeze in particular, but it's difficult to just throw a kill boundary over everything when the top of a map might have an uneven surface.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Warthogs and Ghosts can bump players out of the map if you don't hermetically seal it. I haven't looked too closely at Antifreeze in particular, but it's difficult to just throw a kill boundary over everything when the top of a map might have an uneven surface.

Ah that's right I completely forgot about that. Damn that makes things a little more complicated.

Not a huge, but one of the things I still hate in Halo 5 are the impulse triggers. I wish there was an option to turn it off like they did in MCC.

Waypoint is not worth going to.  I rarely post there because the only people worth conversing with there are people from here. It's garbage and it's a waste of time.

I'm legitimately confused by how often Waypoint is mentioned on TB.  There is no reason for any rational adult to ever go there ... it's literally like every 12-year-old's first forum, just absolute garbage.  I think I've read two threads there in my entire life

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any population statistics from Halo 5 PC?

I never have a problem finding a game.   I usually go to the official Halo 5 Reddit discord server.   There are like 15 H5 PC voice channels in there.   Every time I look for a game, I hop into one of those voice channels and request an inv if they have room.   I definitely have more fun playing on PC then I do on xbox.   Aiming feels way better with a controller.  Most lobbies play big team for the most part and it is usually on awesome C.E. remakes like ice fields and blood gulch, so on and so on.  You do have to put up with the occasional Jenga city/Infection on nuke town request, but those can be fun in between good matches of big team.  

Also, I have been consistently adding any Halo 5 Forge player I play with to my friends list on XBL using the xbox app and recent players.   It makes it easy if you have 30 friends playing H5 PC online at all times.   I have added over 400 people since H5 PC launched.  I am finally making good use of the favorite section of the friends list.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's shit. It will stay shit no matter what they do.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2