CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Best/worth aspects in your opinion?

Best:

Got to practice using weapons i don't normally go for.

Setting of the missions I thought was very good. Loved the running down the guardian, thought they could have done more with it though.

Worse:

Story boring and not thick enough. You can guess what the end is going to be 3 missions in.

What is with them areas you interact with people in. Just annoying and pointless, if the story was more rpg and you could change your Spartan and that's the places where then okay. But it was just a rubbish interaction thing. Rather have a cinematic thing (it's 3:40 and Ive forget the word for it lmao)

I couldn't feel a difference between the Spartans. I wanted personality and play style.

Bosses, boring and repetitive, not hard enough to be challenging and give satisfaction. Can just be a bit annoying.

Maybe I was just hoping it would be more tatical now the was a team over just one, but instead it was just more enemies and explosives.

Did get me in the mood for Halo Wars 2 mind. But I wish Halo was going to do a King underfire style game. Where you need to plan out your attacks and troops but also got to play as them while you do it, viva heros.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly feel like I couldn't give a fuck what they do with warzone variants. It's the only playlist I moderately enjoy next to BTB, and it's still halariously unbalanced and full of poor design decisions that affect my experience.

The gameplay has been relatively the same for 9 months, with the same bases and same maps (the DLC maps are meh as fuck). I don't find shitting on people with a varied arsenal of weapons and vehicles I didn't earn. Bosses are random as fuck, the only redeeming factor of it's replayability is the engagements and strats involved is 12-person base assaults, which we've been doing in the same bases for 10 months. And shit spawns.

At this point who gives a fuck? none of it matters.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any place, youtube videos or website articles or somthing that will give me help with halo?

I'm struggling to get into onxy now my shot has gone a bit sloppy.dan I'm high plat' to mid diamond depending how much solo play I do. (I still play against Onxy players loads for some reason)

I'm still getting high 50% in accuracy, but headshots are way down, from getting 10+ a game I'm getting 3/4. Hardly any perfects either.

But damage delt is still really high, always over 2k, mostly pushing 3k. I keep getting a major problem of nobody finishing off my kills when I put them on one shot etc and they run off but I'm not in the position to push.

I have no idea about spawns , what positions are key to hold, set ups , when to push etc.

I just normally try and stay nearish my team, play near the edge and chip away damage and pick up lose kills in the middle. Hardly use power weapons as I'm not great with any of them, especially explosive ones, can be good with sniper but who isn't. Normally try and help team mates to get them.

Also, my consistently is terrible. I'll start a game off 12 in 3 for example, no power weapon kills. Then I'll and up going 14 in 12 in the middle part then pick up again and end with 20 in 14 or somthing silly.

Search up Luke The Notable Halo Tips on Youtube, he has alot of great tip videos on how to improve your game. Cheers.

What is with them areas you interact with people in. Just annoying and pointless, if the story was more rpg and you could change your Spartan and that's the places where then okay. But it was just a rubbish interaction thing. Rather have a cinematic thing (it's 3:40 and Ive forget the word for it lmao)

To be honest, I liked those. Halo has a great universe, and I like the idea that I can walk around these bases and see whats up, hear some comments, talk to some people, see what the base/camp looks like.

On the other hand, I didn't understand why they are separate levels. I thought it would have been cooler if it was a bit more of a hub, where it gives you options (as you said) for what you can change, as in it would have been cool if I could have picked the weapons from a selection, talk to some guys and get some intel (what kind of enemies am I expecting, can I skip some etc...). Also if there were more hidden stuff.

Also stuff I collected could have been displayed there, like the secret weapons which I can take with me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

DCr4B9R.png

Covenant Slayer coming at some point in the future.

Carbines and storm rifles. I didn't think it could get worse than Nornfangs and Oathsworns but once again 343 delivers.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

Elite slayer was *slightly cool in Reach because you got to play as elites and the weapons weren't bullshit, and evade.

Wtf is this though.

Halo 6 looking pretty dope

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Infinity Ward can give 343 a run for their money lol

Boy, that's...shameless. lol

Here is the beginning shell of a Chillout Inspired map I made.   It is called Semi-Chilled.   I started with Purple Rein as a starting place.  I love the aestics of that map and thought it would be a good starting template for a chillout inspired map.  I left a couple of hallways and corridors because I wanted to get a similar aesthetic.   If you watch the walk through below you will see that it is very different from both Chillout and Purple Reign, but has some similarities too. 

I am wondering if any good forgers are interested in helping me with finishing touches such as lighting, aesthetic touch ups, spawn locations, named locations, gametype support and green teleporters, etc.  

Here is the walkthrough:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Elite slayer was *slightly cool in Reach because you got to play as elites and the weapons weren't bullshit, and evade.

Wtf is this though.

Elite Slayer was a garbage fire and you should feel bad.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Would be neat to have a decent Wasp that doesn't die from a couple of Storm Rifle shots in WZFF

Until you're playing WZA and trying to kill 4 of them with your pistol while you're spawning outside.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Elite Slayer was a garbage fire and you should feel bad.

Elite Slayer was the highlight of Multi-Team in Reach.

Covenant Slayer coming at some point in the future.

Lol, 343 is just messing with those kids that want Elites back. I'm sure we'll see multiple threads about it on Waypoint.

On another note, 12 games with 8 of them having full parties, but who needs matching restrictions, right?.. It made for such a fun night.

Hey, I guess I should play a game of Slayer, has been a while...

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

Lol, never playing Slayer alone. Unbelievable.

I always solo on halo and play a lot of team slayer. This isn't even that bad. I get a gooser every 4/5 games, well feels like it anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be honest, I liked those. Halo has a great universe, and I like the idea that I can walk around these bases and see whats up, hear some comments, talk to some people, see what the base/camp looks like.

On the other hand, I didn't understand why they are separate levels. I thought it would have been cooler if it was a bit more of a hub, where it gives you options (as you said) for what you can change, as in it would have been cool if I could have picked the weapons from a selection, talk to some guys and get some intel (what kind of enemies am I expecting, can I skip some etc...). Also if there were more hidden stuff.

Also stuff I collected could have been displayed there, like the secret weapons which I can take with me.

I did like the look of them. But they just looked nice. I spent a while looking around the first area and just looked to skip the rest.