CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Wait the timers aren't static? So we have random timers but added in Spartan Chatter L? I hope I'm not right

Wait the timers aren't static? So we have random timers but added in Spartan Chatter L? I hope I'm not right

The timers are definitely static...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Power weapons are static, while regular weapons are on the same spawn system used in the last 3 games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ar, Sprint, Non-Customable layouts and inability to turn off rumble are my biggest complaints.  I played like 18 games yesterday and then went back to mcc and even with shitty ranking system, slow mm, I had way more fun on mcc.  Don't really know if I can continue playing the beta.  Maybe once they add new maps/weapons I will try once more but right now, I'm content with beta mcc

I'm not totally sure I believe their ranking system. I placed in Pro 16XX after playing my placement matches. I mean, I'm decent at the game, but I don't imagine that I'm top 200 material unless the player pool is that small. Is there a better write up about the ranking system anywhere?

The biggest flaw so far is that you don't actually match people based on your "skill" rating and that your placements still count if you play a 1v4. K/D has something to do with it *I think* and if you quit you lose like a shit ton of XP. After that happened to me during a couple of my placements I got placed at Onyx 3, almost semi, and proceeded to match silver/gold/iron/unranked players every game even after hitting semi before I got off for the day. Seems to be a totally useless system atm

It's not just about how well you do, it's also about how well you do against certain people. You're not going to get anything from stomping on Silver shitters and negative Nancies all day.

Likewise, you shouldn't get as much of a gain as your teammates that carried you through wins against higher rated opponents.  Going 3-14 against good people but winning because you got carried shouldn't be worth anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One thing that I don't know if is possible, but on Truth it would be nice to jump from base window to sneaky. The ceiling is too low so you just get knocked down. Also not a huge fan of the delay it takes to go into the scope for the sniper. That part where you are zoomed in but still aren't in the scope.

Instead of nerfing the automatics, why not leave them alone and buff the precision weapons?

Make the DMR a 4sk

Give the BR tighter spread and higher RoF

Make the pistol a 4sk and increase its range

A powerful sandbox is a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I like the ranking system if they can sort all of that out, seems almost exactly like Black Ops 2 league play which was fun to me. I spectated a buddy of mine while i was waiting for his game to finish and it was really cool. 

Obviously this is not Halo as we all know/love but if you look at it as a completely 100% different game/series than Halo then it's really fun. I just picture in my head that Halo as we once knew it is dead. To attract all the CoD kids etc etc they have all the gay stuff in the game. Still takes skill to shoot and position yourself on the map, just different ways to get there. The maps that they have let us play so far are incredibly small and could have been 100% ok without sprint. Seems like sprint was just thrown in because it was already established that Sprint would be in it. Maybe it works better with bigger maps but to me Sprint seems completely unnecessary for the two maps we do have. 

Instead of nerfing the automatics, why not leave them alone and buff the precision weapons?

Make the DMR a 4sk

I was thinking the same thing, AR is crazy powerful or seems to be because the BR/DMR/Pistol aren't more powerful like they were in previous halos. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I like the ranking system if they can sort all of that out, seems almost exactly like Black Ops 2 league play which was fun to me. I spectated a buddy of mine while i was waiting for his game to finish and it was really cool. 

Obviously this is not Halo as we all know/love but if you look at it as a completely 100% different game/series than Halo then it's really fun. I just picture in my head that Halo as we once knew it is dead. To attract all the CoD kids etc etc they have all the gay stuff in the game. Still takes skill to shoot and position yourself on the map, just different ways to get there. The maps that they have let us play so far are incredibly small and could have been 100% ok without sprint. Seems like sprint was just thrown in because it was already established that Sprint would be in it. Maybe it works better with bigger maps but to me Sprint seems completely unnecessary for the two maps we do have. 

You're asking guys who grew up playing and loving pick up basketball games to just continue liking the game even though there's trampolines, 6 balls on the court which has grown by a 100 feet in every direction, and the goals have been lowered. That is absolutely ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I was thinking the same thing, AR is crazy powerful or seems to be because the BR/DMR/Pistol aren't more powerful like they were in previous halos. 

BR & DMR are more powerful than previous iterations - Pistol is strongest since CE, with CE ROF but 5-shot kill...

• Upvote (+1) 1

So after the first 10 games i'll post my First Impressions

Overall

I had fun playing this game, although i had team mates most of the time and lost. 

i cant stand AR starts so i had a bad taste in the mouth everytime i spawned and had no BR or DMR.

Sprint

Sprint needs to go or make it so that you can only sprint with full shields, but i rather have no sprint. Have your shields not reharge while sprinting doesn't balance sprint at all, it makes chasing people who a weak a pain in the ass because your own shields dont recharge even tho you're using it as a offensive ability. This means that the player who runs away can get away because if you chase after him you will also be weakend and a easy clean up for his teammates.

It has no place in halo and there are enough posts in this forum which explain why so i'm letting this dance out.

Clamber

actually liked it, please add some skill jumps adjusted to this new mechanic.

Flinch

needs to go, especially when hit by the AR your reticle goes crazy.

Smart Scope

I like how it looks but it needs to be instant like the zoom in the other halos. it feels really sluggish right now. DMR smartscope and Snipe Smart scope needs to be improved. Also have a option for a retro style zoom (like in H1/2/3)

Thruster Pack

Awesome addition to the game but needs some fine tuning.

Spartan Charge

Make a option to turn it of It's annoying that it automaticly actives when your sprinting and you want to melee someome.

Slide

Never so it used, never used it.

Ground Pound

I'm playing bumber jumper so it always got in the way when i wanted to crouch jump but i heard that this is allready going to be fixed. 

Aim Assist

Like how the aim assist is right now for most weapons but reduce the aim assist on the BR and DMR.

This is all i have after 10 games, im going to post a more in depth review after this beta is over. Need to play it more to judge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Make the DMR a 4sk

I said that a few pages back. Magnum should 100% be a 4sk. Its the hardest weapon to use in the game, so it should have the fastest KT by a good margin. Right now magnum doesn't have a good place in the sandbox.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

It's a fun game in my opinion. Like Destiny. It's a fun game. It's not Halo, but I can enjoy it casually.

As long as MCC gets fixed it's fine by me. That's the only Halo games I need. If it doesn't, well Halo 5 isn't fun enough for me to stick around.

Whether or not MCC gets fixed remains to be seen. Just not sure how long I'm going to give them before I finally call it quit on this franchise.

Make the DMR a 4sk

If they increase the range of the pistol and get rid of that god awful "smart scope" and fit in a standard pistol scope combined with flinch being removed we'll have the closet game to CE we've had in years.

Keep in mind the game ain't out for another year guys, so much of this stuff can change. But tbh I really can't see them removing sprint :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Make the DMR a 4sk

That spread is as tight as it can be, much tighter than Halo 2. I agree on the 4sk Pistol.

Thruster Pack: This might be a stretch but I believe it's currently the worst mechanic in the game. It promotes bad play because it provides players with a get out of jail free card for every fight they get involved in. Obviously there is a skillcap involved in using it correctly, but with a 4-5 second cooldown, it provides yet another escape mechanic from any fight. As long as sprint is in this game, then thruster pack needs to go, or in vice versa.

Assault Rifle: Plain and simple, it's too strong. I've heard mention of leaving it as-is and buffing everything else, that's a bad idea. Killtimes are already great for all the other weapons, but the assault rifle is simply too strong.

Liking the beta more than I thought I would. But I'm also hating sprint more than I thought I would. 

Gandhi shares his thoughts on the beta, keeps it pretty real:

He's been playing and watching too much COD to be giving sprint a pass like that. His views on competitive halo are all over the place to me, some things I agree with and some make no sense.

And LOL at the last quote about "I've been playing halo since", it's exactly how I felt about that one guys post I quoted.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Make the DMR a 4sk

That is a solution, but we should also go about nerfing the DMR and BR in terms of ease of use. There's no reason to use the Magnum at medium range because the BR and DMR are so much easier.