CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I certainly hope that the PC version doesn't force mouse acceleration on players, that would just feel awful.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I played on it twice over the weekend, actually pretty nice map.  its very small though i find, but bright and symmetrical from what i remember

Plays great on evolved settings.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I certainly hope that the PC version doesn't force mouse acceleration on players, that would just feel awful.

Pretty sure someone already posted pic showing a setting to use raw input.  There will probably still be bullet mag though. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

7TIeIQx.png

Good base PC build for Halo 5 FOrge on W10 all you need is Windows and your choice of a Graphics cards. Keep in mind the Power Supply is not that strong but the newer Nvidia GPUs are really power and do not use a lot of power.

Base PC: $450

Windows 10: ~$100

Acceptable GPUs: 

• GTX 1060 for $250 - Performs like a GTX 980 ( Well over "Recommended" )
  • GTX 960 for ~$175 - 2.5x powerful than a GTX 650Ti
  • GTX 950 for ~$150 - 2x powerful than a GTX 650Ti
  • Upvote (+1) 1

<p>

7TIeIQx.png

Good base PC build for Halo 5 FOrge on W10 all you need is Windows and your choice of a Graphics cards. Keep in mind the Power Supply is not that strong but the newer Nvidia GPUs are really power and do not use a lot of power.

Base PC: $450

Windows 10: ~$100

Acceptable GPUs:

• GTX 1060 for $250 - Performs like a GTX 980 ( Well over "Recommended" )
  • GTX 960 for ~$175 - 2.5x powerful than a GTX 650Ti
  • GTX 950 for ~$150 - 2x powerful than a GTX 650Ti
Wasn't W10 free ?. I got the update for free.

Only for the first year if you were updating from Windows 7 or 8.

I think that time has passed now.

Well I mean if you're building a new computer, you still need to purchase an OS.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You can't update for free anymore and if you are building from new you need to buy windows or get it through school or something  similar. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

PSA:

Windows 10 is now tied to your Windows account if you did the upgrade, so you can build a new PC and activate it just fine. 

Before if you changed Motherboards you would have to buy Windows 10 but not anymore. 

http://www.howtogeek.com/226510/how-to-use-your-free-windows-10-license-after-changing-your-pc%E2%80%99s-hardware/

Oh, and there is a loophole to still be able to upgrade: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

• Upvote (+1) 9

PSA:

Windows 10 is now tied to your Windows account if you did the upgrade, so you can build a new PC and activate it just fine. 

Before if you changed Motherboards you would have to buy Windows 10 but not anymore. 

http://www.howtogeek.com/226510/how-to-use-your-free-windows-10-license-after-changing-your-pc%E2%80%99s-hardware/

Oh, and there is a loophole to still be able to upgrade: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

f***in best mode PSA right there.

I hated having to call microsoft and give them that huge key every time i replace MOBO.   One character misheard and you're on the phone for 10 more minutes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How much is Windows 10 now?

$100 bucks on Amazon right now.

I pray the aiming for the PC version is fucked, so more attention can be brought to it.

I, too, wish a product sucks for "the greater good".

Grow up.

• Downvote (-1) 8

Running Riot seems like it will be the hardest. 

If starting and ending the game works, should be a piece of cake.

If not, I think I'll just cook up a map and gametype combo with 1 kill to win and script a way to make someone die immediately.

If not, I think I'll just cook up a map and gametype combo with 1 kill to win and script a way to make someone die immediately.

Just set up a small platform, and set up spawns so you spawn staring at one another. Give yourself/them a rocket launcher. Bam.

Make a stronghold that covers the starting spawns, and make the game 1 point to win.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Make a stronghold that covers the starting spawns, and make the game 1 point to win.

Might as well make that in advance to Sep 8th.

No, that's cheating.

Next you're gonna tell me doing a glitch to get some weapon skins temporarily in Halo 4's custom games is cheating.

The Gamespot PC footage looked like it had quite a bit of stutter. Don't know if that is due to hardware or optimization. Anti aliasing on some objects wasn't the best either on those metal grates, but that is probably due to its complex geometry.

I'm not sure on this, but for me it looked like at times the distant player animation was once again at its trademark 30 fps or lower.

I don't believe Frank for a second that the game will magically blow up if it dips below 60 fps. There are plenty of instances in the campaign and even Warzone where framerate takes a nose dive and the game doesn't crash. However, dropping below 60 fps can cause issues if the render pipeline is not separate from the logic/simulation, which is most likely the case in H5. It's pretty bad engine design, and similar to what Bethesda does.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This map combined with PC graphics capability makes Halo 5 look like it belongs on PC as an arena shooter. What a great looking map. Now hopefully it'll be moddable with some custom options to get rid of bullshit and add FOV sliders and stuff...

The Gamespot PC footage looked like it had quite a bit of stutter. Don't know if that is due to hardware or optimization. Anti aliasing on some objects wasn't the best either on those metal grates, but that is probably due to its complex geometry.

I'm not sure on this, but for me it looked like at times the distant player animation was once again at its trademark 30 fps or lower.

I don't believe Frank for a second that the game will magically blow up if it dips below 60 fps. There are plenty of instances in the campaign and even Warzone where framerate takes a nose dive and the game doesn't crash. However, dropping below 60 fps can cause issues if the render pipeline is not separate from the logic/simulation, which is most likely the case in H5. It's pretty bad engine design, and similar to what Bethesda does.

This game has FPS issues even in smaller maps like Overgrowth.

Edit: Played all Night trying to get the new map, no luck.