CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Searching alone in H5 is like banging your head against a cement wall considering the pistol isn't strong enough to kill two people flying at you even if you are CLGesus. At least in other Halos you had a chance.

Um, no you didn't. Barring CE, you would not win a 1 v 2 confrontation against decent players in other Halo games.

It didn't matter how good you were because you'd get melted by teamshooting

• Upvote (+1) 5

Um, no you didn't. Barring CE, you would not win a 1 v 2 confrontation against decent players in other Halo games.

Im just a reach nub, why does the game with the fastest ttk for a utility the only game where you can win a (i assume fair) 2v1? I guess you can go for a blb but that's onlt achievable within cqc. Yea the pistol is fast to get a tsk but i feel its super unlikely since a shot from both players render the opponent to one more shot to the head

Why cant h2 players beat a 2v1 with the more options you have such as quadshot, bxr, bxb, double shot etc?

Um, no you didn't. Barring CE, you would not win a 1 v 2 confrontation against decent players in other Halo games.

Stop exaggerating, no one wins a 1 v 2 against full shield opponents in halo 1 unless:

1.  The two players choke and miss alot of shots while you have perfect accuracy.
  2.  You are stacked with powerups.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Stop exaggerating, no one wins a 1 v 2 against full shield opponents in halo 1 unless:

1.  The two players choke and miss alot of shots while you have perfect accuracy.

It's still true that CE has the most breathing room to come through in the clutch, though. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're not going to consistently win 1v2s in any game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 and MCC are now both uninstalled from my Xbox. Halo is pretty much dead to me right now. Until Halo 6 is out I suppose, and even then, I'm just waiting for another way 343 messes up. Sorry for the self absorbed sob story, but I am legitimately sad about the whole situation. I grew up with the series since I was 4 when CE came out. I would used to try defend the series in the face of detractors, and now I find myself agreeing with nearly everything they're saying. Really, something needs to happen with 343's management or Halo is fucked for good.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A lot of talk on 1v2 confrontations in halo CE so I'm gonna give my opinion.

Halo CE has a lot of strafe acceleration and very quick crouching, so a skilled player can out maneuver the two other players, much more easier in halo CE, than in other halo's. (When I mean easier I mean there are more tools to use, so the skilled player can use them tools, by easy I don't mean nooby gimmicks). 

But also, a skilled player in another halo still has a good chance out winning a 1v2 confrontation, if the player can use cover/equipment correctly, it is just much harder.

Unless you wield a power weapon or you are attempting to ninja, it still be very hard to do it in other halo's.

But this really is just my opinion.

What makes a successful 1 v 2 scenario is the mixture of a large disparity between Opt TTK and Avg TTK, along with the player 1a (versus 2a and 2b) having a much higher accuracy. Another factor that plays into it is having an odd number STK versus and even number, as the latter favors team shotting more. However, even in CE, players 2a and 2b have to miss an aggregate of half their total shots with player 1a hitting all of his for this to play out.

In short, two players have to choke while the other goes clutch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What makes a successful 1 v 2 scenario is the mixture of a large disparity between Opt TTK and Avg TTK, along with the player 1a (versus 2a and 2b) having a much higher accuracy. Another factor that plays into it is having an odd number STK versus and even number, as the latter favors team shotting more. However, even in CE, players 2a and 2b have to miss an aggregate of half their total shots with player 1a hitting all of his for this to play out.

In short, two players have to choke while the other goes clutch.

and this too, should've talked about TTK in my post

• The two players choke and miss alot of shots while you have perfect accuracy.
  • You are stacked with powerups.

He's not exaggerating. He said against decent players. In Halo 1 decent players will routinely empty a whole clip in one duel, hell even the best players can miss a lot. I have a clip from the Montreal LAN a couple weeks ago where I TSK both players on the other team who just missed about 4 or 5 shots each. It's rare but it happens especially if it's machines like Legend against just average players. In other Halo games that's almost literally impossible to happen.

He's not exaggerating. He said against decent players. In Halo 1 decent players will routinely empty a whole clip in one duel, hell even the best players can miss a lot. I have a clip from the Montreal LAN a couple weeks ago where I TSK both players on the other team who just missed about 4 or 5 shots each. It's rare but it happens especially if it's machines like Legend against just average players. In other Halo games that's almost literally impossible to happen.

Yeah I was wondering why the pros weren't getting consistent 3 shot kills, but then I realized it's ridiculously hard to do, due to how the players move and everything. 

Searching alone in H5 is like banging your head against a cement wall considering the pistol isn't strong enough to kill two people flying at you even if you are CLGesus. At least in other Halos you had a chance. Not to mention radar. Get away from a TO4? Good luck, with sprint, thrust they will hunt you down regardless.

Its less about teammates causing 2v1's, because a good player can still put themselves in situations to get kills regardless of teammates. Its more about teammates that go so massively negative that you can't possible make up for it. I had a platinum guy go 5-22 in dubs. There is nothing I can do to make up for that kind of shit and the ranking system sucks ass for making that a match while searching focused.

Its less about teammates causing 2v1's, because a good player can still put themselves in situations to get kills regardless of teammates. Its more about teammates that go so massively negative that you can't possible make up for it. I had a platinum guy go 5-22 in dubs. There is nothing I can do to make up for that kind of shit and the ranking system sucks ass for making that a match while searching focused.

Yup, whatever you said here, is in a video from Beyond entertainment, you are 100% right on environmental awareness.

It's just painfully generic. Gets boring fast, sad I was looking forward to the game.

Same as TF1 then.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

@@BigShow36 did a pretty nice write up regarding the balance between human reaction time and times to kill. While it is unlikely for players to win 1v2's against good players who are aware of your position, the game still allows for plenty of times where you can engage the two players before they are aware of your position. As long as you are super accurate you can melt both spawners on Derelict and usually escape no shields. I wouldn't say it's exactly a fair situation, but its something less likely to happen in other games in the series unless you threw a nade at their feet as soon as they spawned.

But yeah coming out on a 1v2 is pretty rare unless you are stacked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Setting up a lobby for some Evolved customs, if anyone wants to play, message me. We have 6 right now, just looking for two more. Message me: FeaR DeucEy

Setting up a lobby for some Evolved customs, if anyone wants to play, message me. We have 6 right now, just looking for two more. Message me: FeaR DeucEy

Inv gt is OpTic Cainam
  • Upvote (+1) 2

what about spartan assault? 

Spartan Assault doesn't have PvP. Are you even trying? Besides, everyone knows that Spartan Strike is where the pros go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You didn't. It was possible to win 1vs2 in in Halo 3. 50 vs 50's. I did it many times over the years. 

Oh, you meant a confrontation and not a match? 

A match 1vs2 is very possible (though dependent on map), but it's harder with a straight up 1vs2 only BR battle - otherwise, if you can account for equipment and other weapons it's of course very possible again. 

• Downvote (-1) 1