CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Please. Your strafe's slower than Halo 5's default pace. Try again.

YOU DIDNT EVEN PLAY LAST NIGHT YOU SCRUB YOU HAVE TO BACK UP THAT TALK PUNK

YOU DIDNT EVEN PLAY LAST NIGHT YOU SCRUB YOU HAVE TO BACK UP THAT TALK PUNK

I didn't need to play last night to destroy you. I'm already beyond you.  :kappa:

I didn't need to play last night to destroy you. I'm already beyond you. :kappa:

I did get the sauce last night tbh it was probably the worst night I've ever had. Good thing you weren't there I might've gotten embarrassed a few times.

Why not stream it or make a youtube series? One hand champion or something. You might make it pretty far in FFA with the amount of AR spam and the broken ranks.

PLS SHOW US WHAT YOU DO PLS!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

3v3v3 = (3 Spartan Charges) * (3 Spartan Charges) * (3 Spartan Charges) = 27 Spartan Charges

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why on earth do people defend this game

There are fundamental flaws to this game and needs pointing out

STOP CALLING US NOSTALGFAGS/343 HATERS/BUNGIE FANBOYS

WE HAD ENOUGH OF IT

I think your bitching about the wrong people. Like nobody here does that.

Oh God I can't even describe how bad it felt playing customs with you guys in the US when I'm from the UK, everything from the aiming to the shot registration was beyond atrocious.

One theory for why the aiming felt especially bad is that the aim assist is tied to connection and can lag behind the player model, pulling the reticule off of where I was actually intending to put it, combined with a horrible aiming system and shot registration was very frustrating.

YUP.

Is this a playlist? If so, I may have to run out and buy Halo 5 again just for this.

No, it's not a playlist, though we would love for that to happen. The idea is to get exposure for these settings on Beyond, Waypoint and r/halo so that 343 might make it a playlist at some point. For now though, these settings are limited to custom games (which are a blast).

Here are the details of the settings: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14157-h5-evolved-settings-gametypedetails-list/page-1

• Upvote (+1) 2

Regarding evolved settings

How about you change the shields.

I mean, the TTK in halo 5 is too quick.

110% shields maybe?

SORRY IF YOU ALREADY DONE THIS

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Folks, any plane to get a lobby going today? What time would you usually start playing?

@@Botheredhat360

Is your caps lock broken?

Please read up on what those settings include, shields/health have been modified to allow a 4sk pistol and slightly longer TTK for automatics (I think..)

Folks, any plane to get a lobby going today? What time would you usually start playing?

@@Botheredhat360

Is your caps lock broken?

Please read up on what those settings include, shields/health have been modified to allow a 4sk pistol and slightly longer TTK for automatics (I think..)

Alright, thanks, sorry for the inconvenience 

Why does spartan charge work mid air?  As if it wasn't annoying enough already.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/stQuietMan/video/20321333

Because 343.

Charge is such a stupid pos ability. 95% of the time, the charger has the advantage. If it didn't stun lock you and have cross map homing capabilities, then it wouldn't be as aggravating. 

Grifball in Halo 5 is pretty much ruined mostly because of SC. Asshats use it every chance they can get and it results in a trade most of the time. It's near impossible to counter unless they miss. These are the same people that get alot of kills but go negative every time. Fuk that, I want to go 100-5.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

110% shields maybe?

rayj.gif

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because 343.

Charge is such a stupid pos ability. 95% of the time, the charger has the advantage. If it didn't stun lock you and have cross map homing capabilities, then it wouldn't be as aggravating. 

Stun lock? That's a first. It knocks you back from what I know, but doesn't prevent you from firing your weapon. But yeah, the aim assist on it is absolutely ridiculous, you can thrust out of the way if you #predict it or know it's coming, but like you said 95% of the time you're dead if you don't see it coming.

Grifball in Halo 5 is pretty much ruined mostly because of SC. Asshats use it every chance they can get and it results in a trade most of the time. It's near impossible to counter unless they miss. These are the same people that get alot of kills but go negative every time. Fuk that, I want to go 100-5.

Can you not kill them with the hammer before they reach you with charge? I know the Gravity Hammer has an effective range where it will kill someone without having to be super up close to them, but I think that got broken when they added the lunge to the hammer. Don't know why 343 did that to be honest, just makes the ghammer become a glorified sword. Now the best way to use the hammer in grifball is to actively AVOID red reticle as much as possible.

Also, please bring back the physics on the ghammer. Please. Vehicles need to get launched again.

110% shields maybe?

The TTK in Halo 5 isn't too fast. It's too slow, which is why the shields have been lowered in our settings to buff the Magnum's perfect kill time. Most people are just used to the slow kill times of Halo 2 and onward, but a fast perfect TTK combined with a slower average TTK (due to difficulty of shooting) is good for Halo's design. You can read about why this is here: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12361-why-kill-times-matter/

• Upvote (+1) 5

I feel like spartan charge was invented to just really put the icing on top of FU cake that is Sprint.   

Does anyone know why it is that I'm still getting unranked players and Platinums when I'm Onyx 1599 and playing on Focused? Just lost a game of Strongholds because of an unranked player who only got 2 kills and quit half way.

I feel like spartan charge was invented to just really put the icing on top of FU cake that is Sprint.   

I think Spartan Charge is hilarious on a million different levels. We had a thing in Reach that people called the herp derp where kids would just sprint at you and beat you down. That was a problem so in H4 you got slowed down if you were shot while sprinting around. Halo 5? Its a feature now. Someone at 343 is trolling us intentionally.

• Upvote (+1) 1