CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm just not gonna argue but I disagre 100% with this post lol. People aren't "blind as fuck" at all. You didn't like him. Great.

Look at Cooper's posting history. It's not an opinion, it's fucking obvious that he was toxic.

Just because people upvoted him doesn't mean that he wasn't breaking any rules.

It's like you're defending the school bully because you're friends with him.

Look at Cooper's posting history. It's not an opinion, it's fucking obvious that he was toxic.

He was hardly the worst poster on the forums. There are people that have never contributed to actual discussion. That's worse IMO. Guys Cooper isn't some evil villian that's out to terrorize forum posters.

Out of curiosity, how can you show it hovers around 10-15k? I've been thinking the same thing for a couple weeks now; that the population is much lower than a lot of people are thinking.

I've been looking at Halotracker, and there seems to be an incredibly low amount of people being tracked in the ranked playlists, and even less who played enough to become ranked.

http://halotracker.com/h5/csrbreakdown

But with that said... they do mention

I'm not really sure what to think anymore. The quality of matches has gone to the shitter as has the ranking system, and the server connections have became steadily worse ever since release. And for whatever credibility it has, H5 has fallen to 13th on the XBL most popular list.

Its just an estimate based on its placing in the most played list on xbox.  For example if it is #11 or 12/13 and the game that is number 9 has an average of 23,000 and the game that is 10 has 18000, then you just do the math really, but its easy to ballpark when you have the other figures.  When I brought it up on reddit I talked about fall out 4s player population and did the math (after being told that I NEED to provide proof).  Suffice to say, the 343 fanboys stopped replying and calling me a 13 year old conspiracy theorist after showing them facts. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to get in the middle of this, because I really don't even think this needs to be discussed any further, but it's kind of a hypocritical analogy to use considering the forums have turned into HCS thread vs H5 thread and everyone in the HCS thread dog piles ("bullies") on anyone that comes in there with a differentiating opinion.

But like I said, that's neither here nor there. I don't have issues with anyone that posts. Regardless of their personal opinions on the games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

He was hardly the worst poster on the forums. There are people that have never contributed to actual discussion. That's worse IMO. Guys Cooper isn't some evil villian that's out to terrorize forum posters.

He's the hero we needed, but not the one we deserved...

I think it might be less interesting now that he is gone. He will have to resort to lurking and having a strong itch to post something, just like I have to with Waypoint. It sucks when you can't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No he wasn't the worst person on these forums. But IMO it's worse for our movement to have someone who is pissing off the other side of the debate for no reason. Many current fans of Halo already mock TeamBeyond for being aggressive and bitter in our criticism. It does not help us for him to contribute to that perception and to antagonize individuals. In order to win debates we have to be better than that.

And again you did not see all of the shitposts he made. Like Cyren said most were deleted so you are unaware. I don't even want to imagine the ones I missed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's the hero we needed, but not the one we deserved...

I think it might be less interesting now that he is gone. He will have to resort to lurking and having a strong itch to post something, just like I have to with Waypoint. It sucks when you can't.

The end of an era. But like Jesus he shall rise again! Cooper can not be killed nor silenced. He is immortal.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not to get in the middle of this, because I really don't even think this needs to be discussed any further, but it's kind of a hypocritical analogy to use considering the forums have turned into HCS thread vs H5 thread and everyone in the HCS thread dog piles ("bullies") on anyone that comes in there with a differentiating opinion.

But like I said, that's neither here nor there. I don't have issues with anyone that posts. Regardless of their personal opinions on the games.

Anytime I've posted in there with an opinion that automatics and radar ruins competitive Halo for me I don't think I've ever been downvoted.

There is a reason Cooper was dogpiled. Because he made it personal many times.

You sure don't seem to recall the fact that the H5 thread has had just as much dogpiling as the HCS thread, which Cooper happily participated in.

That said, Cooper instigated the thread regulars and constantly did so out of spite. There's a point when enough is enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Smh why isn't it letting me type my response? It keeps saying it's blocked lol.

Beast soon to be banned confirmed. He's becoming silenced

Beast soon to be banned confirmed. He's becoming silenced

It's been a good run boys. I would apologize, but I learned today that guarantees you'll get banned.

It's a joke don't get mad and ban me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anytime I've posted in there with an opinion that automatics and radar ruins competitive Halo for me I don't think I've ever been downvoted.

There is a reason Cooper was dogpiled. Because he made it personal many times.

Well yeah, that's what I mean, but he's not the only one. I don't really talk about the settings in that thread, but you have to at least admit that the dog piling does occur. That's usually when I just dip out, because the next 5 pages are pretty much going to be worthless to read. Two wrongs don't make a right at that, there are plenty of people who come into this thread just to be condescending to others and make things personal for no reason. I think both sides have their faults, I just wish it all would stop.

You sure don't seem to recall the fact that the H5 thread has had just as much dogpiling as the HCS thread, which Cooper happily participated in.

That said, Cooper instigated the thread regulars and constantly did so out of spite. There's a point when enough is enough.

I assuredly do recall, I never said that it didn't occur. What I am saying is that is does occur, which needs to stop, in both the H5 and HCS thread. That entire situation today was purely instigated from someone who went back, literally ~90 pages and quoted a post to re-stir a pot. Then he even apologized for it at that. Cooper has definitely said some stupid ass shit, but there has also been a fair and equal amount of stupid shit spewed from a lot of users on here. Although very scarcely, even I fall guilty of it sometimes. Like Beast said, the post itself was kind of blown out of proportion just a bit. However, I will agree that the comment even being brought up in the first place was a clear mistake.

Just wanted to note that there's always two sides to every story. No one in either of these threads are purely innocent, and it's kind of hypocritical to paint this picture otherwise. That's all I wanted to say lol. I'm on no one's side in this situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kelly can Sprint faster!

Fred has 2x health!

Linda has no bloom!

Chief can dual wield!

Buck has extra melee damage!

Vale can carry three weapons!

Locke can jump higher!

Tatanka or whatever-the-hell can thrust twice!

Just brace for it.

Tanaka bores enemies to death with stories about her home planet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tanaka bores enemies to death with stories about her home planet.

the ultimate super power

Also, we’ve been keeping a close eye on reports regarding social matching

:)

and the services team made some updates to the Social Snipers playlist earlier this week

:huh::( 

My emotions reading that sentence. For a half a second, I thought they were adjusting the social playlists like Warzone. It's in the latest update if anyone is interested.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/community-update-summer-red-summer-blue

This forum when/if they announced H6 as a Hero shooter.  :wutface: It would be the fall of 2014 all over again. 

Horrible, and yet so very entertaining. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This forum when/if they announced H6 as a Hero shooter.  :wutface: It would be the fall of 2014 all over again. 

Horrible, and yet so very entertaining. 

I would bid you all adieu, and ask the mods to delete my account.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I almost downvoted you for mentioning the name. Its trash. Garbage. Awful.

It manages to feel smaller than warlock and as big as Valhalla at the same time. It encourages crouchy AR spray. The spawns are beyond terrible. The Lava everywhere is superfluous, and probably there because lava, as it only subtracts from the gameplay. Its another map to dashboard over. Every new map is progressively worse. It makes me think I have a chance @ designing maps. It reminds me of that time I dated an ugly chick for her personality. I hate it. I loathe it. I want it to be physically erased from existence. If I had a time machine I would go back in time and stop its creation. Fuck that map.

correct ... honestly I'm amazed by H5 DLC.  the launch maps were pretty good, certainly waaaaaay better than the H4 launch maps; but while H4 DLC was pretty solid, the new H5 DLC maps blow my mind with their terribleness

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh well, that's sad. I never noticed his negative behavior but I don't post here nearly enough though, and we also have very similar opinions so he never jumped the gun on me. 

Just wanted to note that there's always two sides to every story.

I've always liked three sides to a story. One for each side, and what actually happened.