CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sup, how's H5 doing these days?

50% of people are gonna tell you it's good.

50% of people are gonna tell you it's bad.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can't say I don't think it's a good game cause I'll be banned.

Classic Settings are fun on a bun though :kappa:

A good game in its own right, but it's not carrying the torch well imo.

If it were called "Halo: Spartan IV" or something else that designated it as an offshoot of the classic gameplay design, I'd be pretty happy with it.

As it stands, it's a Halo sequel that rejects or neglects many of the greatest aspects of the past games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it were called "Halo: Spartan IV" or something else that designated it as an offshoot of the classic gameplay design, I'd be pretty happy with it.

But what happened to the first three Spartans?  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did cooper get banned, and why? 

Yes

He said "you are killing Halo" and is now banned

Hey all, just to clear up some confusion, Cooper was not banned for shit posting or disliking Halo 5. He had a long history of suspensions (6+ bans), with the reasons ranging from passive-aggressiveness, developer insults, and harassing other members. The nail in the coffin was his uptick in harassment and nonsensical posts in the past month.

Me posting a gif is more of a personal joke due to my distaste for Cooper's nature of posting. Staff has a lot of different opinions on moderation, and we have discussions about hiding posts and suspensions/bans frequently, but I wasn't even a part of Cooper's ban whatsoever, so take that as you will.

You are all welcome to discuss Halo 5 respectfully. Please continue to report anything that you find disruptive or offensive and reach out to me in PMs if you have any questions about moderation

It's never fun to ban anyone, especially permanently. He's caused a lot of issues in the past months and had quite a few bannings in the last year. We felt this was the best move at this point, you only get so many chances.

I'm really disappointed in my fellow H5-hater crew in this thread in regards to Cooper. I do agree that Infinity's joke was a bit too far, but besides that his banning is justified.

Cooper was constantly instigating fights over petty bullshit that was not even remotely Halo related. I liked most of his opinions but just because I share his beliefs on Halo does not mean I will defend his overall behaviour. Even his regular opinion posts were often laced with passive aggressiveness which was not necessary and just started pointless angry arguments between community members rather than spur actual reasoned discussion.

He probably posted some really awful shit that got deleted before I even saw it, but some of the posts I saw in the HCS thread were pretty bad, and I'm pretty sure you can still see his posts where he is questioning the parenting skills of Mikwen's dad, when Mikwen's dad posted nothing about raising his son that was questionable given the man that Mikwen has become. Being passive aggressive or straight up antagonistic towards a pro player's dad, who we should be grateful is willing to take part in our community and try to be as welcoming as possible with, is not acceptable.

Like the mods said, he's received constant suspensions and failed to curb his behaviour. He was given enough chances so you should stop acting like this is too far given that he has failed to become a more reasonable poster after multiple warnings.

If you really can't see a problem with how Cooper posts then you are biased, straight up.

Lmao of course Cooper deserved the ban

I'll just miss the shitposts :/

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys what is the consensus on Molten.

I almost downvoted you for mentioning the name. Its trash. Garbage. Awful.

It manages to feel smaller than warlock and as big as Valhalla at the same time. It encourages crouchy AR spray. The spawns are beyond terrible. The Lava everywhere is superfluous, and probably there because lava, as it only subtracts from the gameplay. Its another map to dashboard over. Every new map is progressively worse. It makes me think I have a chance @ designing maps. It reminds me of that time I dated an ugly chick for her personality. I hate it. I loathe it. I want it to be physically erased from existence. If I had a time machine I would go back in time and stop its creation. Fuck that map.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 5 is probably the best Halo ever... and omg I almost forgot to tell you guys I love REQs and warzone! xD so much customisation!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll never agree with a perma ban when someone at least contributes in a minimal way. Just seems dumb to me.

Except his negative contributions outweigh the positive ones. You do not get people on your side by constantly being passive aggressive and acting superior all the time. And you definitely don't get people on your side by questioning PapaMikwen's parenting for no reason at all except to be a shitposter. Was Papa beating Mikwen? Is Mikwen even remotely close to being the biggest douchebag on the HCS circuit? If the answers are no then just shut up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except his negative contributions outweigh the positive ones. You do not get people on your side by constantly being passive aggressive and acting superior all the time. And you definitely don't get people on your side by questioning PapaMikwen's parenting for no reason at all except to be a shitposter. Was Papa beating Mikwen? Is Mikwen even remotely close to being the biggest douchebag on the HCS circuit? If the answers are no then just shut up.

The whole parenting thing was blown way out of proportion. Saying it's questionable parenting to let your kid stay up all night to play Xbox and sleep during school isn't a crazy thing. But I can't talk about this beside I know I'm next on the ban list.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

50% of people are gonna tell you it's good.

50% of people are gonna tell you it's bad.

Where are you pulling those numbers from?

Where are you pulling those numbers from?

uhhh

uhhhh

uhhhh

:intel:

But I can't talk about this beside I know I'm next on the ban list.

You're nowhere near next. Like @@VinnyMendoza said, Cooper instigated shit and overall had poor behavior.

And if we're talking about contributions, to my memory, he had done next to nothing for this community until Evolved settings came out.

That's two weeks of good Cooper versus a year of typical Cooper.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of people's "negative" contributions outweigh their positive ones. If that were an actual criteria for banning people, there are a lot of people that should be banned.

Nor do I think questioning Mikwen's dad's parenting is grounds for a perm-ban. Were the things he said questionable? Sure. But any perceived issues and arguments that were created as a result were entirely on the rest of the community for making such a scene. At some point the greater community has to shoulder some responsibility for excessive drama. I feel like some people spend so much time on these forums that they've began to take them too seriously, to the point where slights are taken personally, and the drama becomes "real" in a sense. More real than it should be.

I didn't see Cooper post anything that I'd consider legitimately toxic or ban-worthy.

Maybe the moderation team had simply had enough. If he had been warned before multiple times, then I can see their side. But I can't help the feeling that he was banned more for the wider community reaction and not for anything excessively malicious.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Maybe the moderation team had simply had enough. If he had been warned before multiple times, then I can see their side.

That is literally what the moderation team said.

What I found entertaining is how the HCS thread blew up when Cooper questioned Mikwens dad parenting skills. There was no reason to do it, I'm definitely not defending that, but how everyone reacted seemed way to excessive.

Break out the tinfoil hats.

You're blind as fuck if you don't think Cooper was easily the most aggravating person here (that isn't an outright troll I mean). No you're not next because you're not trying to piss people off intentionally with almost every post.

The parenting thing is not blown out of proportion. There was no reason for it other than to be a troll. After he's been warned 7 times apparently. At some point enough is enough. And like I said I saw worse shitposts in there from Cooper in relation to the whole drama that were deleted quickly. It seems you are basing your opinion of his ban on his existing post history.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A lot of people's "negative" contributions outweigh their positive ones. If that were an actual criteria for banning people, there are a lot of people that should be banned.

Nor do I think questioning Mikwen's dad's parenting is grounds for a perm-ban. Were the things he said questionable? Sure. But any perceived issues and arguments that were created as a result were entirely on the rest of the community for making such a scene. At some point the greater community has to shoulder some responsibility for excessive drama. I feel like some people spend so much time on these forums that they've began to take them too seriously, to the point where slights are taken personally, and the drama becomes "real" in a sense. More real than it should be.

I didn't see Cooper post anything that I'd consider legitimately toxic or ban-worthy.

Maybe the moderation team had simply had enough. If he had been warned before multiple times, then I can see their side. But I can't help the feeling that he was banned more for the wider community reaction and not for anything excessively malicious.

He was about to be banned for a 6th time in less than a year. We felt it was the right move. He's disrespected posters, staff, gaming companies, etc. You only get so many chances, you guys also don't see all the removed posts and reports we have to deal with.

Again, it's never fun to ban any member (especially a forum regular). The bad outweighed the good, he's had a lot of chances to clean up his act and didn't. It was time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Break out the tinfoil hats.

You're blind as fuck if you don't think Cooper was easily the most aggravating person here (that isn't an outright troll I mean). No you're not next because you're not trying to piss people off intentionally with almost every post.

The parenting thing is not blown out of proportion. There was no reason for it other than to be a troll. After he's been warned 7 times apparently. At some point enough is enough. And like I said I saw worse shitposts in there from Cooper in relation to the whole drama that were deleted quickly. It seems you are basing your opinion of his ban on his existing post history.

I'm just not gonna argue but I disagre 100% with this post lol. People aren't "blind as fuck" at all. I think there are way worse posters than Cooper.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5