CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Do people really think Devan had anything to do with the ban? That's not how it works

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why permaban him though? Make it three/six months or something, losing a member for good is so sad, Cooper did a lot for the classic/evolved/reclaimer crew.

On the bright side, the amout of thrust defenders on here just got decreased by 1.

• Upvote (+1) 9

343 failed on that same account...

get it because truth isnt that great of a map guys?

5NHn8H.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh boy, speaking of population - I made the mistake to use basic logic (including evidence/comparison with other most played games) on r/halo to show that H5's player population was terrible and likely hovering around 10-15k active players.  And without addressing the information I offered, it just turned into me being labeled a 343 conspiracy theorist, what Bravo said must be gospel and that H5 has more players than Reach ever had, etc etc....   It is baffling to me.   

Out of curiosity, how can you show it hovers around 10-15k? I've been thinking the same thing for a couple weeks now; that the population is much lower than a lot of people are thinking.

I've been looking at Halotracker, and there seems to be an incredibly low amount of people being tracked in the ranked playlists, and even less who played enough to become ranked.

http://halotracker.com/h5/csrbreakdown

But with that said... they do mention

Csr Divisions could be a few days behind for players. We're constantly updating. Data is from players tracked on Halotracker, not all players who play halo.

HOWEVER: We now automatically add new players. We are scanning your games, and adding everyone. The amount of players we track is growing. We have tripled our tracked players in 4 days. We now track 360k players and are adding a few thousand a hour.

I'm not really sure what to think anymore. The quality of matches has gone to the shitter as has the ranking system, and the server connections have became steadily worse ever since release. And for whatever credibility it has, H5 has fallen to 13th on the XBL most popular list.

Plot twist: 
TRyVnmj.jpg

They're one in the same.  The double life was too much, and the less extreme conformist won. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wasn't it also you that removed him from the group right before Achilles was unlocked?

I wonder if he'll get removed again now that he's banned.

Go out for a bit and someone gets banned and multi-team gets added. What an eventful day!

No, but seriously, has anyone played the multi-team? I can imagine it being utter chaos if the smaller 4v4 maps are being used.

Also, to the discussion of ranks, remember we had a two month season whereas we always had one month seasons before. There's no doubt that that extended period messed with the ever elusive hidden ranks and eschewed some placings. 

Go out for a bit and someone gets banned and multi-team gets added. What an eventful day!

No, but seriously, has anyone played the multi-team? I can imagine it being utter chaos if the smaller 4v4 maps are being used.

Also, to the discussion of ranks, remember we had a two month season whereas we always had one month seasons before. There's no doubt that that extended period messed with the ever elusive hidden ranks and eschewed some placings. 

It's 3v3v3 so it's not that bad.

It's not really multi-team, 9 man slayer with 3 teams. Think of it like someone forgot the extra LAN setup and now you're running with 9 players rather than 12. Even worse, you didn't get the top half of the CRTV and now you're stuck staring at a tiny screen while your boy sits there basking in his widescreen vision.

Just trying to have some fun in 3v3v3 ... get matched against sweaty to3s while my teammates quit out.  Though I have to admit, it was still pretty fun

Wasn't it also you that removed him from the group right before Achilles was unlocked?

He said that was an accident so end of story :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why permaban him though? Make it three/six months or something, losing a member for good is so sad, Cooper did a lot for the classic/evolved/reclaimer crew.

On the bright side, the amout of thrust defenders on here just got decreased by 1.

Wasn't he banned quite a bit over the past few months? At one point you have to say enough is enough.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm more of a 2003 Wrath you guys don't know me at all.

Idk

You don't seem like a whiny little bitch that went crazy and only joined the good guys cause he got his ass handed to him by his fam.

Idk

You don't seem like a whiny little bitch that went crazy and only joined the good guys cause he got his ass handed to him by his fam.

Movie Wraith was great. Still a whiny bitch, but great nonetheless.

Hard-to-do-but-not-skillful

- Fighting a terrible aiming system

- Timing static spawns without a timer

- Winning the random bloom lottery

- Button mashing

- Inputing long cheat codes

- Beating someone by driving to their house and punching them in the face

Easy-to-do-but-skillful

- Strafing

- Jumping

- Grenade physics

- Shooting an actual gun

- Playing chess

In the top part of your text you are assuming you are doing it and winning. In the bottom part of your text you are just assuming you are doing it, with no further explanation on what is happening after that. 

It's not hard to press a randomly entered buttons on your controller, but obviously the chances of you winning might not be great. At the same time, pressing the jump button is not hard, but if that's all you are doing,  pressing it, then it's not skillful either. If you specify a specific jump then it might be very skillful, but then that's not easy anymore either. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone explain to me why I got placed Onyx 1700 after going 2-8 in my placement matches

I can give you 343 reasons

It's never fun to ban anyone, especially permanently. He's caused a lot of issues in the past months and had quite a few bannings in the last year. We felt this was the best move at this point, you only get so many chances.

Just to change the subject, I'd say thrust bumping takes skill. You have to time it and make sure you're hitting the correct geometry in the right place. It's pretty hard to consistently hit some of the thrust bumps. I think it actually adds some movement skill in Halo with a high risk-high reward situation where when you do it, you're without thrust for a bit and in some cases stuck stabilizing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just to change the subject, I'd say thrust bumping takes skill. You have to time it and make sure you're hitting the correct geometry in the right place. It's pretty hard to consistently hit some of the thrust bumps. I think it actually adds some movement skill in Halo with a high risk-high reward situation where when you do it, you're without thrust for a bit and in some cases stuck stabilizing.

Bump Thrusts and Ramp Thrusts are definitely some of the most skill intensive mechanics in H5. Definitely a decent risk-reward.