CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This season is glitched, it's handing out Onyx 1700 to everyone basically.

Fair enough, but are you sure? I did win most my games coming top of the team. Onyl games I lost was against a team of Challengers and when i played a pair of champions, I still finished positive kda though. Just getting back to my halo 3 standard.

Well it certainly has to be physically hard to be considered physically skillful. 

So technically wouldn't my dick be considered skillful?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Looks like sprint is here to stay. Even Quake has it now.

Quake is dead to me. The series that brought us the king of arena FPS has turned into a hero shooter. Fucking hell.

Thank God for UT, Reflex, Diabotical, and Toxikk. 2017 is going to be the second coming for arena FPS and I don't mind Quake being out of the picture.

Which is irrelevant. I'm arguing against the stupid notion that something has to be hard to be skillful.

Elaborate please. Give me examples of things that are hard to do but not skillful, and the other way around. 

Quake is dead to me. The series that brought us the king of arena FPS has turned into a hero shooter. Fucking hell.

Thank God for UT, Reflex, Diabotical, and Toxikk. 2017 is going to be the second coming for arena FPS and I don't mind Quake being out of the picture.

It also looks like the new prey game doesn't have aim down sights (and possibly not sprint either). 

It also looks like the new prey game doesn't have aim down sights (and possibly not sprint either). 

Did Prey even have MP? If so, it wasn't really known for that. It's a SP-focused game. And Arkane is still developing it so I don't see that changing since they hardly touch MP.

Fair enough, but are you sure? I did win most my games coming top of the team. Onyl games I lost was against a team of Challengers and when i played a pair of champions, I still finished positive kda though. Just getting back to my halo 3 standard.

Normally, unless you  have placed onyx in a previous season, it's really difficult to be placed into Onyx right out of placements. This season it's just throwing many people who typically place HighPlat-Diamond into Onyx 1700, which is the highest you can be placed into.

You probably would've placed somewhere around Diamond. The thing is, the placement system is absolutely 100% fucked up. It is completely broken in nearly every way. It just happens to be more broken than usual this season. So don't place any weight on what you're placed into.

Did Prey even have MP? If so, it wasn't really known for that. It's a more SP-focused game. And Arkane is developing it so I don't see that changing.

Prey one had a multiplayer yes. 

The more non sprint no aim down sights games the better. The more variation we get, the bigger the chance it is that developers take the route without sprint and aim down sights or other routes as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would have liked it if they had continued Prey 2 instead honestly, that game even in pre-release looked amazing.

The more non sprint no aim down sights games the better. The more variation we get, the bigger the chance it is that developers take the route without sprint and aim down sights or other routes as well. 

You're right and I 100% respect Arkane if they go that route. And I know this won't happen but Respawn needs to legitimately look into taking out ADS from Titanfall 2. Titanfall, to this day, still has the smoothest wall running mechanics in the shooter genre. It all feels natural while everyone else that attempts it (especially CoD) feels clunky and out-of-place. It also makes for a fast-paced game but with ADS, it slows it down considerably. Without ADS, Titanfall 2 would easily be welcomed into the competitive community with open arms.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Normally, unless you have placed onyx in a previous season, it's really difficult to be placed into Onyx right out of placements. This season it's just throwing many people who typically place HighPlat-Diamond into Onyx 1700, which is the highest you can be placed into.

You probably would've placed somewhere around Diamond. The thing is, the placement system is absolutely 100% fucked up. It is completely broken in nearly every way. It just happens to be more broken than usual this season. So don't place any weight on what you're placed into.

I normally get high dimond without trying. Then had a refresh rate issue, went all rhe way to golds last few. But I've actually tired this season and performed the best i have in halo since halo 3 days.

Seasons are back to one month resets right?

For now. Who knows if it'll change to multi-month again.

Did Prey even have MP? If so, it wasn't really known for that. It's a SP-focused game. And Arkane is still developing it so I don't see that changing since they hardly touch MP.

Yes, and on a good connection, it was fucking awesome.

Elaborate please. Give me examples of things that are hard to do but not skillful, and the other way around. 

Hard-to-do-but-not-skillful

- Fighting a terrible aiming system

- Timing static spawns without a timer

- Winning the random bloom lottery

- Button mashing

- Inputing long cheat codes

- Beating someone by driving to their house and punching them in the face

Easy-to-do-but-skillful

- Strafing

- Jumping

- Grenade physics

- Shooting an actual gun

- Playing chess

• Upvote (+1) 9

Hard-to-do-but-not-skillful

- Fighting a terrible aiming system

- Timing static spawns without a timer

- Winning the random bloom lottery

- Button mashing

- Inputing long cheat codes

- Beating someone by driving to their house and punching them in the face

Easy-to-do-but-skillful

- Strafing

- Jumping

- Grenade physics

- Shooting an actual gun

- Playing chess

Well done

Looks like sprint is here to stay. Even Quake has it now.

Pretty sure that is just that guy's super (or whatever they are calling it). I saw in an interview that one of the heroes has a charge/bash ability. So, not actually sprint. Notice in the clip he runs into another character and she explodes.

So even Quake is now a generic Hero FPS? The evidence that H6 will do the same is getting stronger every day.

So even Quake is now a generic Hero FPS? The evidence that H6 will do the same is getting stronger every day.

Kelly can Sprint faster!

Fred has 2x health!

Linda has no bloom!

Chief can dual wield!

Buck has extra melee damage!

Vale can carry three weapons!

Locke can jump higher!

Tatanka or whatever-the-hell can thrust twice!

Just brace for it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Kelly can Sprint faster!

Fred has 2x health!

Linda has no bloom!

Chief can dual wield!

Locke can jump higher!

Just brace for it.

The H5 campaign already takes the first step with the reviving and different HUDs.

Kelly can Sprint faster!

Fred has 2x health!

Linda has no bloom!

Chief can dual wield!

Locke can jump higher!

Just brace for it.

Halo 5 already has unique perks for each Spartan. 

A lot of Blue Team and Osiris' cross-over but one I can think of off the top of my head is Vale's movement speed being increased (or her slide distance, I forget which).

Pretty sure that is just that guy's super (or whatever they are calling it). I saw in an interview that one of the heroes has a charge/bash ability. So, not actually sprint. Notice in the clip he runs into another character and she explodes.

That doesn't sound any better at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1