CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Teapot you're mixing up the thrust bump and the thrust during fights arguments lol

Come back in here when you realize you can't strafe in the air okay?

Teapot you're mixing up the thrust bump and the thrust during fights arguments lol

I thought we were discussing thrust bumps until people brought up how using it seems like a bad mechanic because now you don't have access to a thrust. It's often hard to follow the arguments here.

I thought we were discussing thrust bumps until people brought up how using it seems like a bad mechanic because now you don't have access to a thrust. It's often hard to follow the arguments here.

No, the argument against thrust bump is that it adds even more ways to fly around then map, something Halo 5 already suffers from.

Not having thrust in a fight is a testament to how reliant this game is on that particular mechanic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, the argument against thrust bump is that it adds even more ways to fly around then map, something Halo 5 already suffers from.

Not having thrust in a fight is a testament to how reliant this game is on that particular mechanic.

That isn't the argument. The argument is the idea that something has to be hard to be skillful, which is outright baffling.

That isn't the argument. The argument is the idea that something has to be hard to be skillful, which is outright baffling.

I'm arguing it does nothing good for the game
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm arguing it does nothing good for the game

Which is irrelevant. I'm arguing against the stupid notion that something has to be hard to be skillful.

Which is irrelevant. I'm arguing against the stupid notion that something has to be hard to be skillful.

I'm not arguing that. I think it is not skillful because of the somewhat lack of depth it has. But I also think it's bad for the game overall

I'm not arguing that. I think it is not skillful because of the somewhat lack of depth it has. But I also think it's bad for the game overall

I'd like to hear more how it's not skillful unless you've already done that and I can go back and read it. I'm stepping out for a bit but i'll be back later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm arguing for the sake of argument that my argument is arguably better than your argument which is arguably not an argument worth arguing over. 

Beyond

• Upvote (+1) 7

Have we talked about how the game gave EVERYONE  Onyx 1700 this season?

I hit that in the 3 playlists I ranked, and I thought I earned it lol. Are you telling me that its some sorta rank bug?

I hit that in the 3 playlists I ranked, and I thought I earned it lol. Are you telling me that its some sorta rank bug?

It's a part of the sustainment plan. 

Unless you typically rank there, then yeah I'm sorry. It's doing it to everyone. A lot of my friends who place Diamond typically got Onyx 1700.

I don't mean this in a smug way, I know I'm not the best H5 player in the world or anything, but I genuinely haven't had a teammate who was better than me in my last 50 or so games. The matchmaking system is more fucked up than it's ever been.

I'd like to hear more how it's not skillful unless you've already done that and I can go back and read it. I'm stepping out for a bit but i'll be back later.

I did explain somewhat. If you want me to debate this more I will when I get off work.

Mobile edit: Not skillful may be the wrong choice of words. I think that it does not have a good addition to the skill gap due to several factors that I can explain more when I get home

Unless you typically rank there, then yeah I'm sorry. It's doing it to everyone. A lot of my friends who place Diamond typically got Onyx 1700.

I don't mean this in a smug way, I know I'm not the best H5 player in the world or anything, but I genuinely haven't had a teammate who was better than me in my last 50 or so games. The matchmaking system is more fucked up than it's ever been.

Yeah, I normally get stuck in Diamond in Arena, but in slayer I hover around 1500's. So getting placed 1700 in both, I was pretty happy lol. Oh well, now I get to play against some top talent and hopefully improve

That's not really the issue. The issue is that it's a little overpowering for how easy it is to pull off.

Well it certainly has to be physically hard to be considered physically skillful. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is Onyx 1700 a good rank?? Got up to it on Arena and Swat, first time I've really tried in H5. But I singled all the games (so many terrible team mates. The amount of goose)

I'm not asking if I can go pro, lmao I know I'm miles off, but is that good overall. Only just hit rank 20 aswell, that's how much I've played of this game.

Heck, I'd argue Spartan Abilities are auto-imbalancing.

I think it's inherent, to be honest. Basic actions aren't put on cooldowns for being situationally useful. They're put on cooldowns for otherwise constantly centralizing how engagements between two players play out. That's a huge red flag your mechanic does not belong in a game with equal starts.

Overwatch does something similar, (yes I know, awful comparison) but at least it punishes bad timing... it's made in such a way that you aren't dying because your abilities are on cooldown, but because you used them at the wrong time. 

Heck, I'd argue Spartan Abilities are auto-imbalancing.

I think it's inherent, to be honest. Basic actions aren't put on cooldowns for being situationally useful. They're put on cooldowns for otherwise constantly centralizing how engagements between two players play out. That's a huge red flag your mechanic does not belong in a game with equal starts.

Overwatch does something similar, (yes I know, awful comparison) but at least it punishes bad timing... it's made in such a way that you aren't dying because your abilities are on cooldown, but because you used them at the wrong time. 

If an ability of any kind requires a cooldown, it's automatically unbalanced.

Not sure why you keep doing it when your arguments are so piss poor that they weaken the case for everyone in favor of that mechanic.

I like thrust lol.

Your wording was just so shit though that you somehow managed to make me argue against you.

No, you just lack the ability to comprehend what we're saying.

I'm glad you like thrust. Keep it up.

Is Onyx 1700 a good rank?? Got up to it on Arena and Swat, first time I've really tried in H5. But I singled all the games (so many terrible team mates. The amount of goose)

I'm not asking if I can go pro, lmao I know I'm miles off, but is that good overall. Only just hit rank 20 aswell, that's how much I've played of this game.

This season is glitched, it's handing out Onyx 1700 to everyone basically.