CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Names of the alts? I'm going to check through the players you played against.

bruh lmao

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why?

Sheriff Devaneaux wants to sit down and investigate your claims about Halo 5's crappy matchmaking to make sure everything's up to snuff. What's not funny about that?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sheriff Devaneaux wants to sit down and investigate your claims about Halo 5's crappy matchmaking to make sure everything's up to snuff. What's not funny about that?

Trueeeeeeeeeee lmao

Who the hell designed the map geometry in this game? Nearly every map has useless clutter that you get stuck on in the heat of a battle. That or seams in the ground that make you trip and mess up your movement.

This is most evident on Shitshow on Sanctum and Raid on Ugly Foilage.

Speaking of forge on pc, shame to hear that it currently runs like ass. Hopefully they can optimize it better but I have my concerns due to their stone age engine that they 'claim' to have 'built from the ground up.' Wonder how the dev kit performs though since they use pc's for that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who the hell designed the map geometry in this game? Nearly every map has useless clutter that you get stuck on in the heat of a battle. That or seams in the ground that make you trip and mess up your movement.

This is most evident on Shitshow on Sanctum and Raid on Ugly Foilage.

This has been an issue since Reach. Can't even tell you how many times I got snagged by random shit on Countdown.

You know what's hilarious about Sanctum though? When trying to make a move on temple, players tend to cluster outside on those lilypad things that have the mancannons on them. You get like three or four people on there, strafing and running into each other and whatnot, that before long somebody gets bumped onto the mancannon and gets sent right back to their garage and rages. This map was so obviously not playtested beyond "ok we can get through a match without somebody's build going tits-up, ship 'er out!". Modern Halo, everyone!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay child, listen closely.

I asked for his alts names because checking who he was playing against and the previous ranks of his alts would give some more insight as to WHY this issue occurs. By knowing how and why lower accounts can match Champ/Onyx, you can write a constructive, detailed post explaining EXACTLY how to break and abuse the ranking system for personal gain.

I've compiled more data than I would like to admit on the H5 ranking system in an effort to reverse engineer the placement parameters and explain some of the weird stuff that inherently goes on with the ranking system. I've made posts on why certain facets of the ranking system don't sit well with me (party restrictions for one, like everyone else in here), and discussed it at length with all sorts of players from Gold to Champ.

So yeah, you got me man. I'm trying to see if what happened to Beast agrees with a theory I have regarding placements/early season. Fuck me right?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Okay child, listen closely.

I asked for his alts names because checking who he was playing against and the previous ranks of his alts would give some more insight as to WHY this issue occurs. By knowing how and why lower accounts can match Champ/Onyx, you can write a constructive, detailed post explaining EXACTLY how to break and abuse the ranking system for personal gain.

I've compiled more data than I would like to admit on the H5 ranking system in an effort to reverse engineer the placement parameters and explain some of the weird stuff that inherently goes on with the ranking system. I've made posts on why certain facets of the ranking system don't sit well with me (party restrictions for one, like everyone else in here), and discussed it at length with all sorts of players from Gold to Champ.

So yeah, you got me man. I'm trying to see if what happened to Beast agrees with a theory I have regarding placements/early season. Fuck me right?

If you had said that, or something more along the lines of that, then this would've gone completely differently. I'm sure most people, including myself, interpreted it as "I'm gonna call him out I bet he's lying".
  • Upvote (+1) 3

If you had said that, or something more along the lines of that, then this would've gone completely differently. I'm sure most people, including myself, interpreted it as "I'm gonna call him out I bet he's lying".

Or maybe everyone shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and screamed SHILL.

Meh.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This has been an issue since Reach. Can't even tell you how many times I got snagged by random shit on Countdown.

You know what's hilarious about Sanctum though? When trying to make a move on temple, players tend to cluster outside on those lilypad things that have the mancannons on them. You get like three or four people on there, strafing and running into each other and whatnot, that before long somebody gets bumped onto the mancannon and gets sent right back to their garage and rages. This map was so obviously not playtested beyond "ok we can get through a match without somebody's build going tits-up, ship 'er out!". Modern Halo, everyone!

I have mixed feelings about Sanctum. For one, I like that the mythic/legendary bosses spawn at the top of the temple, and can't damage you unless you go there. Banshee AI on this map can go fuck themselves though.

Spawns are atrocious though. Half the time you are put out in the open and get picked by DMR's or you get spawned in a clusterfuck of nades and explosions in the temple. Keeping track of players attacking the temple is nigh impossible due to the amount of entrances and cramped geometry. 

The man cannons have pretty stupid placements, especially the one you mentioned.

Or maybe everyone shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and screamed SHILL.

Meh.

If everyone jumps to the same conclusion then there's a reason for it lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sorry, I was on mobile at the time busy with some other things. Still, nothing about my original post was inflammatory or suggested that I was going to do so.

There's only a few people in here that claim things and make me think I'm playing a completely different game from them. What you described was a common occurrence I've seen echoed everywhere, not just in this thread.

Sorry, I was on mobile at the time busy with some other things. Still, nothing about my original post was inflammatory or suggested that I was going to do so.

There's only a few people in here that claim things and make me think I'm playing a completely different game from them. What you described was a common occurrence I've seen echoed everywhere, not just in this thread.

Ah, gotcha

Doubles playlist has been working pretty well with reduced power weapon ammo in my experience. A couple of maps may have too many power weapons on them though. It appears that most people are ranking Platinum. It's very curious to see how the unranked playlists have the reputation of having hidden ranks, but none of that data has carried over when they're made visible.

Also, nice to see this thread is still of the lowest quality.

Doubles playlist has been working pretty well with reduced power weapon ammo in my experience. A couple of maps may have too many power weapons on them though. It appears that most people are ranking Platinum. It's very curious to see how the unranked playlists have the reputation of having hidden ranks, but none of that data has carried over when they're made visible.

Thoughts on Empire Sniper?

It's a thrust bump, and?

How does this in any way add anything to the game? I got rewarded for making a TERRIBLE play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And nice to see your wonderful contribution.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How do you figure?

The ranking seems really strange. For my placements, I lost 7 times and got Onyx 1623. It does seem to take into your previous rankings as well.