CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Supposedly your going to need a top of the line gaming PC to run it. Even then there are frame drops.

Sounds like console propaganda rumor mill.  Classic "but it'll take 5 grand to run it..... "  yada yada.     

• Upvote (+1) 3

I find myself walking too much and not crouching/using Spartan abilities. I also over-aim since everyone seems to walk sooooooo slow.

These settings fucked me.

I can't wait to play these settings.  I want to be fucked by said settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

A steam group for a Windows Store game?

Maybe we need to make a windows store grou... oh wait.  

Possibly a windows xbox app groups?  Do they have those?  Every PC person has steam.  I'm sure it will work fine. 

We heard it from @@MultiLockOn the other day during one of the classic games settings.

Supposedly a bunch of forgers went and tested it and it was very poorly optimized.

Oh wow another Halo PC game that is ported horribly and runs like shit? What a surprise!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait to play these settings.  I want to be fucked by said settings. 

I honestly haven't played MM in any form since the first night of testing. It's by far the most fun I've had on Halo in YEARS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We heard it from @@MultiLockOn the other day during one of the classic games settings.

Supposedly a bunch of forgers went and tested it and it was very poorly optimized.

The whole point of bringing users in to test a product is to.... optimize it based of feedback.  We shall see.   This is 343 we are talking about here so I need to remind myself to not get too excited.  But early testing being glitchy is not much of a surprise.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly haven't played MM in any form since the first night of testing. It's by far the most fun I've had on Halo in YEARS.

Tell me a little bit about the settings.   No Sprint, thruster, clamor?  Faster base movement speed?   No radar?  CE pistol?      

Tell me a little bit about the settings. No Sprint, thruster, clamor? Faster base movement speed? No radar? CE pistol?

No SAS. 120 speed. 4sk pistol. Nerfed autos. Radar usually off.

Goat

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tell me a little bit about the settings.   No Sprint, thruster, clamor?  Faster base movement speed?   No radar?  CE pistol?      

And Cooper forgot that 130 strafe acceleration of the gods.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So it sounds like thruster and clamor are still there?  That 4sk pistol sounds immaculate.  Why not just be bold and use the C.E. pistol.  Better skin and audio with 3sk. 

So it sounds like thruster and clamor are still there?  That 4sk pistol sounds immaculate.  Why not just be bold and use the C.E. pistol.  Better skin and audio with 3sk. 

No. There are no spartan abilities.

The HCE pistol is unfortunately way too easy to aim. 343 butchered it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Snipers has been the only thing keeping me going through four straight Halo games, but dear god, the amount of NOT-headshots in H5...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Snipers has been the only thing keeping me going through four straight Halo games, but dear god, the amount of NOT-headshots in H5...

How have I not seen you in any of the classic custom lobbies?

How have I not seen you in any of the classic custom lobbies?

That would be because I throw up in my mouth a little bit every time I look at my XB1, but I guess people can add me. 

I honestly think the pro team at 343 exists for the sole purpose of advertisement and is mostly or completely ignored.

I think the answer depends on whether or not they are paid. Oh and I love the "advertisement" bit, as if pros have ever been a selling point for a game. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

That would be because I throw up in my mouth a little bit every time I look at my XB1, but I guess people can add me. 

its pretty good.

A lot better than snipers lol

Not giving a source on this one, but I stand by that statement. It takes a pretty monster pc to run forge smoothly. Not that Moa ever believes anything I say, despite the fact that over the past 10 months my track record on revealing bullshit 343 has yet to announce has been like 20 for 20.

I was right about forge not coming at launch, the updates to forge, how many maps we were getting post launch, how almost all the dlc for this game was done prior to launch, what content we were getting, the cartographer fiasco, what playlists were coming, when they were coming, how the pros don't even play the maps 343 claims they do, etc etc.

god bless

Not giving a source on this one, but I stand by that statement. It takes a pretty monster pc to run forge smoothly. Not that Moa ever believes anything I say, despite the fact that over the past 10 months my track record on revealing bullshit 343 has yet to announce has been like 20 for 20.

I was right about forge not coming at launch, the updates to forge, how many maps we were getting post launch, how almost all the dlc for this game was done prior to launch, what content we were getting, the cartographer fiasco, what playlists were coming, when they were coming, how the pros don't even play the maps 343 claims they do, etc etc.

Fair.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have played on 3 separate alts and each of them were never past diamond. I think 1 might have even been plat. 2 of them only placed diamond in 1 season. All 3 match champions and high onyx players every game. Whatever was adjusted COMPLETELY isn't working. I want to mention population but I'll just get a "highest retention since H3" responses (although that would mean that it's just the ranking system being completely broken which is honestly worse). I was thinking maybe it was just one alt had high MMR but all 3 match champs. I don't get it man I just want to play people close to my rank. I may as well be given a Champion rank seeing as I always play them.

So, @anyone from 343 there are 2 options. Either enforce tighter matchmaking, or add party restrictions (ideally both). Having neither of these things is turning soooooo many people away from Arena. But I don't have to tell you that. You can see all the numbers. Plz fix.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have played on 3 separate alts and each of them were never past diamond. I think 1 might have even been plat. 2 of them only placed diamond in 1 season. All 3 match champions and high onyx players every game. Whatever was adjusted COMPLETELY isn't working. I want to mention population but I'll just get a "highest retention since H3" responses (although that would mean that it's just the ranking system being completely broken which is honestly worse). I was thinking maybe it was just one alt had high MMR but all 3 match champs. I don't get it man I just want to play people close to my rank. I may as well be given a Champion rank seeing as I always play them.

So, @anyone from 343 there are 2 options. Either enforce tighter matchmaking, or add party restrictions (ideally both). Having neither of these things is turning soooooo many people away from Arena. But I don't have to tell you that. You can see all the numbers. Plz fix.

Names of the alts? I'm going to check through the players you played against.

Will never understand 343's insistence on 5v5, unranked, mostly BTB snipers. Literally the worst possible way to play. Is it too much to ask for 4v4 ranked arena snipers? 

The worst part is that now we won't get snipers for another few months and 343 will always say that the playlist just didn't have a population.

And three months later it'll be 5v5 "snipers" on warzone maps with nornfangs and binary rifles.  

Yea its funny, with every other 343 conspiracy theory people will believe it even if its fucking ********. Claims that Halo 5 will run like shit on PC "Nah thats bullshit wtf are you talking about, now I'm going to go stroke my ego to the fact that I believe that Nazis collaborated with 343 for MCC" smh

Ugh...well, yeah, I guess we just hope to (insert deity here) that some kind of optimization happens between the build your source has and the public build. I really can't say much else since nobody knows how the engine is structured nor can anyone truly comprehend Microsoft's "real" strategy for Halo on PC, I'm just quelling any expectations and waiting to see what comes of it.