CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Was there a play test on Molten? That map is the worst remix I've play on.

Just the usual stunning competence that results in gems like Empire, Riptide, Overgrowth, and Tyrant.

Just the usual stunning competence that results in gems like Empire, Riptide, Overgrowth, and Tyrant.

Played it for the first time and it's just poor map design.

Played it for the first time and it's just poor map design.

You should try it in Doubles. It's a BLAST.  :holmes:

I think changing fundamental things like auto aim is going too far. Unless they mean snap on aiming or something obviously different from just a smaller cone of magnetism.

I do agree that changing something such as auto aim could be going too far. However, I think if halo 5 launched wth a competitive mode that was different than the base game/warzone (4sk pistol, better strafe, dare I say no sprint), than the HCS would be just as popular/slightly more popular than it is now. I am very interested to see how this develops for Gears 4

• Upvote (+1) 1

It should be a 4sk across the board given the long distances in warzone.

I agree, but I have come to believe that part of the reason the pistol is 5sk is because of warzone. If there was a true utility weapon, than there would less of a need to switch weapons and buy packs. The sense of "progression" that they created in a warzone match would also be less evident. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will never understand 343's insistence on 5v5, unranked, mostly BTB snipers. Literally the worst possible way to play. Is it too much to ask for 4v4 ranked arena snipers? 

The reddit kiddies were like SNIPERS ARE FOR LONG RANGE HURR DURR so now we get to play snipes on deadlock and basin.

Thought this month's Xbox update included background support for music, so I could replay the H5 campaign with some actual Halo OST without using Snap. I was wrong :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thought this month's Xbox update included background support for music, so I could replay the H5 campaign with some actual Halo OST without using Snap. I was wrong Beyond%20Sad.png

Yeah its a shame all the apps need to be updated to support it, you would at least expect the basic Microsoft stuff such as the Media Player to support it from the get go.

Fuck Halo 5 matchmaking. I don't understand how some people play this game solo and enjoy the fucking game. All I want to do is play my placements, but I can't enjoy that when I constantly match To3+ in matchmaking and people on my team are also solo players, and one quits out so it's a 4v3 the rest of the match. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thought this month's Xbox update included background support for music, so I could replay the H5 campaign with some actual Halo OST without using Snap. I was wrong :(

Crazy to think it was a day 1 feature last gen. Now it's some crazy feat of software engineering that takes years to implement.

I took so much for granted on the 360.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Match another to4, and my entire team quits once the games starts. fuck this game. Now I will be banned for quitting, because I am forced to quit after I was left 1v4. le sigh

Dude even one of my alts that only was like Diamond 3, strictly matches Onyx teams. Thanks 343 looks like I just have to reverse boost really hard.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I just matched a Champion. In no way EVER should a diamond match a Champion. Unreal.

Dude even one of my alts that only was like Diamond 3, strictly matches Onyx teams. Thanks 343 looks like I just have to reverse boost really hard.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I just matched a Champion. In no way EVER should a diamond match a Champion. Unreal.

The true skill-gap is real.

Yep. that's the kind of shit that happened to me in Plat/Diamond and pretty much ruined my ability to play ranked. Pointless to even play, because I will not rank up. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with their match-making, but it's a problem.

And then I match Rammy. On an unranked alt that has never even been onyx

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCK THIS GAME IS HILARIOUS

Arena has a stupidly small pool of players, partly because of the very thing you talked about, the dreaded negative feedback loop.

I only play FFA/BTB with some Warzone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arena has a stupidly small pool of players, partly because of the very thing you talked about, the dreaded negative feedback loop.

b-but bravo said...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yep, that's why I don't play it anymore either, because I only, only, ONLY match people that are A LOT better than me. I don't get it. You would think it would even out. You would think there would be more average players to pull from than these Japanese murder-cyborgs I get matched with. You would think I would rank down out of these games eventually. But no. I am literally not allowed to have fun in that playlist.

And it really sucks too because I actually enjoy the game types in Team Arena. If my experience was even REASONABLE, I would play a ton more of it. But no. We don't need party restrictions or proper skill matching for the 3rd game in a row. We're too busy learning nothing from our mistakes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the entire purpose of dedicated servers so people wouldn't have to play on Saudi Arabian mud-hut host anymore?

• Upvote (+1) 2