CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Due to work I can't ever stay up that late but I'd be down from 3pm - 9pm MST if you guys ever need one more

Yeah we're planning to start playing during the day more, I'll definitely give you an add and send an invite sometime. I'm not playing tonight (have some design work to do for my job) but I might be playing tomorrow. But some of the other guys are playing tonight I believe.Go ahead and hit up @, I know he's playing. His gamertag is "OG Nick".

We can just remove the Breakout commendations.

:prayers:

Please Lord Jesus...

Spare me of the Breakout commendations.

They are the worst ones I have ever seen in Halo.

I-dunno-man-GIF.gif

Last time I mentioned it people were still trying to have the BR be the primary. Maybe it's changed since then, I don't really follow it.

People changed their minds real quick once they saw the superior 4sk Magnum gameplay.

BR starts has almost been forgotten, thankfully.

Oh, firefight.

Round 5 starts, spawns a bunch of promethean soldiers that we have to kill inside the armory on Urban (whatever). We kill them, then it spawns THREE warden eternals inside the fucking main base (in those little entrance pods where you cannot get any sort of angle on them if you're in a vehicle), and THEN puts an entire line of knight dignitaries with incins on the road in front of the base, then a bunch more knights + turret soldiers inside the base, staring at the two main doorways. This would be ******** even if each warden didn't require a battleships' worth of ammo to kill even if you hit the "weak spot".

This is the kind of shit a 10 year old would come up with if they were trying to make a superimpossibrukaizo edition of their favorite video game.

Do they spawn inside the armory or on the top? Before the update they spawned on the top and you could just splatter all 4 of the soldiers with a Banshee.

Gives you 5-6 minutes on the Wardens which is typically still not enough

Do they spawn inside the armory or on the top? Before the update they spawned on the top and you could just splatter all 4 of the soldiers with a Banshee.

Gives you 5-6 minutes on the Wardens which is typically still not enough

They started up top but had wandered down to the bottom when I got there.

Is this new doubles ranked playlist permanent?

Looks like it.

Out of curiosity, is searching Doubles solo worth it to anyone, or is it crammed with TO2s?

No. Do not do it. Also, the good forge maps are out, so it's just terrible.

So @@Devaneaux, @@MaceX42, and I just sat in lobby waiting for a 4th for Team Arena, so we decided to create the very first Team Beyond Playlist Picture Power Rankings.

Here are the factors we took into account

• Coolness
  • Quality of Shot (Framing, Angles, Positioning in Relation to UI)
  • Potential for Playlist (Big Battle for BTB)
  • Believability (BRs + DMRs on SWAT, SMG on Fathom)

Full Top 10:

1. Breakout
  2. Infection
  3. Slayer
  4. Snipers
  5. Doubles
  6. Team Arena
  7. Grifball
  8. Free For All
  9. SWAT
  10. BTB

This took us 45 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So I don't think I was reading the forums when it was announced that Gears 4 would have completely different settings between Competitive and Casual play, even changing the auto aim between the different modes. This is the polar opposite approach 343 has taken with Halo. Personally, I believe it is the best way to make the entire community happy. The "one setting for the entire game" is a good idea, but I am not sure it has had the intended effect (HCS has not seen explosive growth by any means, and casuals still aren't very interested). I for one am very interested to see how this works out for Gears 4, and I hope that 343 are watching this very closely. 

So @@Devaneaux, @@MaceX42, and I just sat in lobby waiting for a 4th for Team Arena, so we decided to create the very first Team Beyond Playlist Picture Power Rankings.

Here are the factors we took into account

• Coolness
  • Quality of Shot (Framing, Angles, Positioning in Relation to UI)
  • Potential for Playlist (Big Battle for BTB)
  • Believability (BRs + DMRs on SWAT, SMG on Fathom)

Full Top 10:

• Breakout
  • Infection
  • Slayer
  • Snipers
  • Doubles
  • Team Arena
  • Grifball
  • Free For All
  • SWAT
  • BTB
This took us 45 minutes.

Wut

They thought of a challenge to make hypothetical, better playlist images than we have now, basically. 

nah we ranked the best playlist backgrounds from best to worst

I really don't get this games ranking system.

I played all 10 placement games with 2 other guys.

I was ranked 1700

Guy 1. was ranked 1630

Guy 2. was ranked Diamond 4

We all took turns doing well and doing poorly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Add doubles. Replace every good forge map with complete ass like Empire. Great job, guys.

Tbh, I wasn't the biggest fan of the forge maps in the doubles playlist. It's a team-shot heavy game and the maps were so segmented it favored hand-holding pretty heavily. That's not to say the default maps are better, just that I'd be surprised if the playlist took a big population hit due to the change.

I really don't get this games ranking system.

I played all 10 placement games with 2 other guys.

I was ranked 1700

Guy 1. was ranked 1630

Guy 2. was ranked Diamond 4

We all took turns doing well and doing poorly. 

Apparently it takes in account previous seasons ranks as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I don't think I was reading the forums when it was announced that Gears 4 would have completely different settings between Competitive and Casual play, even changing the auto aim between the different modes. This is the polar opposite approach 343 has taken with Halo. Personally, I believe it is the best way to make the entire community happy. The "one setting for the entire game" is a good idea, but I am not sure it has had the intended effect (HCS has not seen explosive growth by any means, and casuals still aren't very interested). I for one am very interested to see how this works out for Gears 4, and I hope that 343 are watching this very closely.

I think changing fundamental things like auto aim is going too far. Unless they mean snap on aiming or something obviously different from just a smaller cone of magnetism.

I think changing fundamental things like auto aim is going too far. Unless they mean snap on aiming or something obviously different from just a smaller cone of magnetism.

They should just have lower aim assist in all modes, but seeing the reluctance of developers to do that, this is the next best thing.

I might've missed it because I was skimming quickly to get through all the bullshit, but how does one join the reclaimer settings group? Is there a discord? Also, what the fuck is discord?

Will never understand 343's insistence on 5v5, unranked, mostly BTB snipers. Literally the worst possible way to play. Is it too much to ask for 4v4 ranked arena snipers? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I might've missed it because I was skimming quickly to get through all the bullshit, but how does one join the reclaimer settings group? Is there a discord? Also, what the fuck is discord?

Will never understand 343's insistence on 5v5, unranked, mostly BTB snipers. Literally the worst possible way to play. Is it too much to ask for 4v4 ranked arena snipers? 

Yes, there is a Discord server for it; invite link can be found in my signature or here: https://discordapp.com/invite/6h7vw6E

You can also post your GT in the Halo 5: Guardians Classic Customs Thread to get added to that list and get some lobby invites.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just add people that play it. There's a thread with a large list of GTs and there's the discord. If you post in the discord saying you want to play and post your GT you will probably get an invite.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was there a play test on Molten? That map is the worst remix I've play on.