CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I don't think they'll put Breakout in some type of rotation since it has multiple commendations tied to it. 

We can just remove the Breakout commendations. 

:prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Halo 6 has Breakout I'll shit a brick. 

Halo 6 will have 5v5 Breakout Fiesta. With that CEA skull that randomly disabled one part of your HUD every time you spawned.

343/Holmes will rationalize it by saying "Well CLEARLY you guys don't actually like good, balanced, competitive Halo since you don't like thrust, spartan charge, or H5's crapdick arena maps, so what do you guys want us to do?"

Great news guys!

Overgrowth is in dubs

Get your build quitting ready

Oh, and Riptide with all its glorious weapons

Dubs went from so good to a trash can real quick

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

We can just remove the Breakout commendations. 

That would be amazing. We could only hope.

If Halo 6 has Breakout I'll shit a brick. 

Yeah, it would be surprising seeing Kevin Franklin's baby in H6.

Empire has a Sniper instead of Rockets in Doubles

Beta throwback? 

Did they seriously just launch a ranked doubles playlists without party restrictions? Yikes

• Upvote (+1) 4

The biggest problem is that you completely lose all aim assist when someone thrusts, making it even more effective for defensive purposes.

I don't know where you got this from, but that's completely false.

8 months  :lxthul:

After 3 years and 3 releases 343 will still be looking at the data to see if people want doubles 4+ months later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dev, I doubt there is anything you can say that can convince me thrust's offensive positives outweigh it's defensive negatives. I've watched high end halo and yes it is used aggressively for mind games sometimes but more often than not it is an escape tool that even the best automatically just tap if they are close to death. Worse still is that anything below top level Halo it is almost purely used defensively. If a mechanic only benefits the game at the highest levels AND is a massive detriment at every other level, it is not a good mechanic. If thrust didn't break lower level Halo then I might be ok with it.

Oh, firefight.

Round 5 starts, spawns a bunch of promethean soldiers that we have to kill inside the armory on Urban (whatever). We kill them, then it spawns THREE warden eternals inside the fucking main base (in those little entrance pods where you cannot get any sort of angle on them if you're in a vehicle), and THEN puts an entire line of knight dignitaries with incins on the road in front of the base, then a bunch more knights + turret soldiers inside the base, staring at the two main doorways. This would be ******** even if each warden didn't require a battleships' worth of ammo to kill even if you hit the "weak spot".

This is the kind of shit a 10 year old would come up with if they were trying to make a superimpossibrukaizo edition of their favorite video game.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Oh, firefight.

Round 5 starts, spawns a bunch of promethean soldiers that we have to kill inside the armory on Urban (whatever). We kill them, then it spawns THREE warden eternals inside the fucking main base (in those little entrance pods where you cannot get any sort of angle on them if you're in a vehicle), and THEN puts an entire line of knight dignitaries with incins on the road in front of the base, then a bunch more knights + turret soldiers inside the base, staring at the two main doorways. This would be ******** even if each warden didn't require a battleships' worth of ammo to kill even if you hit the "weak spot".

This is the kind of shit a 10 year old would come up with if they were trying to make a superimpossibrukaizo edition of their favorite video game.

Beat that round for the first time ever earlier today.

Now only the grunt mech round 5 on apex is left.

Beat the round for the first time ever earlier today.

What's your win/loss on Urban?

I think its the only map that I have more losses on than wins for WZFF - that round is just shit.

What's your win/loss on Urban?

I think its the only map that I have more losses on than wins for WZFF - that round is just shit.

I'm not 100% sure but it's definitely the lowest out of any map.

During a ranked FFA match:

Blackscreen. It's time to Update! Your console needs an update of 400 Mb, do you want to start it now?

No, let me finish the game!!

Too late, we quit the game for you already :simms:  

This is fucking ridiculous.

During a ranked FFA match:

Blackscreen. It's time to Update! Your console needs an update of 400 Mb, do you want to start it now?

No, let me finish the game!!

Too late, we quit the game for you already :simms:  

This is fucking ridiculous.

photo-2368.jpg?_r=1378375203

• Upvote (+1) 5

Isn't it?

I-dunno-man-GIF.gif

Last time I mentioned it people were still trying to have the BR be the primary. Maybe it's changed since then, I don't really follow it.

Anyone else having server problems? I keep getting kicked out of games

Yep. I just got banned for completing a game and losing connection after the game over.