CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

P.S. @@SMARTAN 427 Posted my opinion about the V2 changes here:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14130-halo-5-guardians-classic-customs-thread/page-8?do=findComment&comment=806230

Short summary, I'm completely against the melee changes. 4sk pistol feels good, the new jumping is great and lead to a lot more default maps being viable, however the melee I'm 100% against. It was already really strong how it was and there is no need to change it further. The settings are honestly great, we don't need anymore tweaks to be honest. I have of ton of kills (particularly Narrows and Fathom where I made a ton of use of the auto + melee combo) and you can already see how fast I can get kills with that combo. 2 shot pistol + melee is not necessary because I feel like we're making that change for the sake of previous games being 2 shot melee. But the difference here is that we have a faster RoF with the pistol (utility weapon, for comparison).

Check my reply in the other thread. I certainly respect your input. Trust me I'm not just taking it lightly.

TLDR, I thought melees were a tad too slow, and I would like to try it out for a few days.

A keep it/remove it decision will then be made, and I will rename the settings to something more official and final.

Then I am done with any and all gametype changes. I promise. To everyone.

Aside from that, I will soon add Assault and Oddball settings.

And only Map-specific gametype adjustments will be made (such as the number of flag caps).

Then I will just promote the FINAL verrsion of the settings as a fun alternative to Old School settings.

Does that sound fair, I hope?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get a kick out of people thinking their opinion is law.

Enjoy season 1 finals today, everyone!

So in your "opinion" Halo did not copy a single mechanic from CoD, but you get a kick out of people thinking their opinion is law.

K den

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now where's the guy who said 4sk would break the game?

That was me lol. Then Sitri and I tested it to see if there was any fixes we could do 

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@SMARTAN 427, did you add grenade knockback for nade jumps?  The last time I played, I tried to nade jump and I don't think I got any kind of boost.  Maybe we were playing incorrect settings, but I just wanted to make sure that it's still in bc it really adds a lot to the game.

@@SMARTAN 427, did you add grenade knockback for nade jumps? The last time I played, I tried to nade jump and I don't think I got any kind of boost. Maybe we were playing incorrect settings, but I just wanted to make sure that it's still in bc it really adds a lot to the game.

Should still have %180 knockback.

Thanks @@arglactable, @@My Namez BEAST, and @ for helping test.

Do you remember how we were terrified that the increased knockback might break BTB vehicle gameplay?

Well, we discovered that Occupied vehicles are SIGNIFICANTLY less affected by knockback than Unoccupied vehicles.

To the point where I could probably further increase grenade knockback without harm.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should still have %180 knockback.

Thanks @@arglactable, @@My Namez BEAST, and @ for helping test.

Do you remember how we were terrified that the increased knockback might break BTB vehicle gameplay?

Well, we discovered that Occupied vehicles are SIGNIFICANTLY less affected by knockback than Unoccupied vehicles.

To the point where I could probably further increase grenade knockback without harm.

Also, @@Hard Way

In V2 Reclaimer settings:

There is definitely a small required timing skill to grenade jump. You HAVE to jump at the EXACT same time the grenade explodes.

Otherwise you ain't going nowhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright, I've read like the last 10 pages of this entire back and forth with the elephant in the room. It may have been resolved already, but that was a waste of my time. Arguing over someone making settings for a game to make it better in their own eyes as well as more enjoyment out of the title was a waste of the "new guy's" breath.

Obviously, through many of the posts the guy made, he wasn't listening to anything that the previous group of individuals (discussing the classic settings) were informing him on. I don't understand people like him. He didn't add thoughts to the discussion on settings or offered an opposing view for the overall discussion. Instead, he just kept drawing useless attention to himself and wasted everyone else's time in the process.

Anyways, I hope that the original person who proposed the settings at hand has good luck in finalizing them. I look forward to trying them out, soon.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can't stand this game anymore. Searching solo is neigh impossible whether it's wzff or regular wz. Lost evey single wzff match out of 4, and evey warzone game was mostly a blowout due to terrible teams. Only won one match out of like 10.

Kek

I can't stand this game anymore. Searching solo is neigh impossible whether it's wzff or regular wz. Lost evey single wzff match out of 4, and evey warzone game was mostly a blowout due to terrible teams. Only won one match out of like 10.

Kek

Well, you're playing warzone so win or lose, it's shit.

Fucking r/halo. Swear I'm going to have a fucking aneurysm if I see another BARVO joke or whatever the fuck it is.

Is this just a dumb joke that people won't stop making because they want to feel apart of something on Reddit? Maybe I'm just a cynical fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Alright, I've read like the last 10 pages of this entire back and forth with the elephant in the room. It may have been resolved already, but that was a waste of my time. Arguing over someone making settings for a game to make it better in their own eyes as well as more enjoyment out of the title was a waste of the "new guy's" breath.

Obviously, through many of the posts the guy made, he wasn't listening to anything that the previous group of individuals (discussing the classic settings) were informing him on. I don't understand people like him. He didn't add thoughts to the discussion on settings or offered an opposing view for the overall discussion. Instead, he just kept drawing useless attention to himself and wasted everyone else's time in the process.

Anyways, I hope that the original person who proposed the settings at hand has good luck in finalizing them. I look forward to trying them out, soon.

If it wasn't for the fact he actually threw money down on his account I would swear he is a total troll. Even regurgitated the same dumb memes about sprint. Was waiting for #immersion.

Maybe he's a troll with money to blow.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh, it's taxing alright... In fact it's so complex at times that you want to stop playing.

Yup, Halo 1 - 3 was so succesful in the competitive scene at least (and generally imo) because it was simple yet had huge gameplay potential in terms of variety of play and skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@SMARTAN 427, did you add grenade knockback for nade jumps?  The last time I played, I tried to nade jump and I don't think I got any kind of boost.  Maybe we were playing incorrect settings, but I just wanted to make sure that it's still in bc it really adds a lot to the game.

The knockback setting really doesn't affect nade jumps for some reason.

Sorry to derail the thread somewhat but can we please get a hotfix for halo 5 infection soon. I'm so tired of cheaters sitting in out-of-boundaries spots that 343 has known about for months but refuses to fix.

Sorry to derail the thread somewhat but can we please get a hotfix for halo 5 infection soon. I'm so tired of cheaters sitting in out-of-boundaries spots that 343 has known about for months but refuses to fix.

Are you still unable to talk to players in Infection games?

You have to be in a party, game chat doesn't work still

What the fuck is wrong with 343? Yet another example of the fact that EVERYTHING they do is always laced with something bad. Nothing is ever done properly, even something as easy as enabling players to communicate with each other in the most social and casual gametype that Halo has to offer, in fact socialization is at the very core of Infection.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well that's how the infection is supposed to spread isn't it?

wait we're talking about halo?

• Upvote (+1) 3

It is?

Zombies/Infection has historically been largely about being to talk and laugh with the people you're playing with. It's extremely casual.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Zombies/Infection has historically been largely about being to talk and laugh with the people you're playing with. It's extremely casual.

Might just be that I generally played solo for the past six or so years, but it's been rare that I've heard a lot of people doing so in said gametype. Even in Reach. I get it's casual, but socialization being the core? Eh. I somewhat disagree.

Might just be that I generally played solo for the past six or so years, but it's been rare that I've heard a lot of people doing so in said gametype. Even in Reach. I get it's casual, but socialization being the core? Eh. I somewhat disagree.

I've only ever played Infection with a party. I don't find it fun alone at all. It's a very "party' gametype. Even with that said, MM Infection is just boring in general. Custom infection is where it's at. But I do agree that Infection is the very definition of a casual gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I lagged out of a classic settings custom game last night and when I rejoined I had a 40m radar, default movement speed, and all my armor abilities.

Just lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5