CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's.. just.. so.. goddamn refreshing playing these long ass custom game sessions with these settings guys, I don't think you understand how glad I am to finally be able to enjoy Halo 5 for the first time.

Uploaded one of the games we played on The Pit, really showcasing some 4sk effectiveness!  :D You definitely want to watch the footage from 3:45 to the end.

For the record, yes we've been balancing teams and all of us have been winning and losing. The games are just pure fun regardless.

Also, need to upload the game we just played on White Cell. @ <-- Poseidon juked the living shit out of @@arglactable <-- arglactable with the Flag and made a clutch flag save... It got returned in the end but the whole scenario + the chat reaction was priceless.  :laughing:

you're connection was godly holy shit

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh man. One crazy dude on r/halo begun to argue with everyone who found Halo 5 underwelming. Not only that he also

remove his own comment and copy the same shit so he avoid the downvotes.

343 fanbase man.

Let me guess...

His name is Mendicantbearass? 

If so, I have interacted with him before. He's interesting...

Let me guess...

His name is Mendicantbearass? 

If so, I have interacted with him before. He's interesting...

That's him

Hmm, match a full party of mainly lower to high onyx's and a couple champions in BTB. Get four new accounts for teammates with negative K/D's. :thinking: Yep, makes sense. We weren't gonna win regardless, but c'mon.

Alright guys, for those who have been enjoying playing my Reclaimer settings...

I now have updated V2 Reclaimer settings!

The Reclaimer settings have become very popular with the Classic Settings Teambeyond group so far.

Featuring a 4sk Magnum, that still allows %95 of H5's base weapon sandbox to have the same viable performance. (exceptions are the BR, DMR, and arguably Carbine, which all become OP)

Much faster movement and higher jumping that more than makes up for no Spartan Abilities and allows players to always be able to attack while simultaneously moving full speed.

Forge and even default H5 maps still play extremely well (better, in our opinion).

V2 changes:

Melee damage increased to %120 (was %100).

Now allows for 2-shot+melee kills with the 4sk Magnum. Slightly helps other weapons but nothing too much.

This is to allow the melees to keep up with the faster Magnum and movement, as well as reduce the power of double-melee(double-melee was a bit too powerful in comparison to shoot+melee, it triggered memories of default Reach's lack of melee bleedthrough).

Grenade settings altered:

Grenade blast radius reduced to %100 (was %120).

Grenade damage increased to %110 (was %100).

Similar to the melee changes, this is to hopefully reduce any issues with grenade spam, while at the same time dealing more damage for throwing them more accurately.

The new melee settings I am pretty much loving.

The new grenade settings are still being experimented with, and I have to see how this version feels before I make a more final decision on them.

How to obtain the V2 Reclaimer settings:

Search my GT (SMARTAN 427)

Look for gametypes under Files.

Download the following:

V2 Reclaimer TS

V2 Reclaimer FFA

V2 Reclaimer CTF

V2 Reclaimer Strongholds

Assault and Oddball settings will be available soon. Be patient, I will certainly prepare them for us!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Do you honestly not get the hypocrisy of your argument? If we like games that play like Halo, we should just play the old games that are broken and/or have no population, but you think you deserve to be catered to in the latest entry of this long-running series because...? If you like the supposedly inherent progress that is modern Halo undermining its core gameplay to be more like other games, then go play the original Call of Halo. We want progress. We want a fast, modern Halo game. Adapt.

You're right. Things do move forward, because Halo 5's Call of Duty movement doesn't let you move optimally in any other direction.  :holmes:

I find it impossible to take anyone seriously that compares CoD to Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It's.. just.. so.. goddamn refreshing playing these long ass custom game sessions with these settings guys, I don't think you understand how glad I am to finally be able to enjoy Halo 5 for the first time.

Uploaded one of the games we played on The Pit, really showcasing some 4sk effectiveness! :D You definitely want to watch the footage from 3:45 to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DFjcRglu0

For the record, yes we've been balancing teams and all of us have been winning and losing. The games are just pure fun regardless.

Also, need to upload the game we just played on White Cell. @ <-- Poseidon juked the living shit out of @@arglactable <-- arglactable with the Flag and made a clutch flag save... It got returned in the end but the whole scenario + the chat reaction was priceless. :laughing:

I enjoyed watching that more than the entirety of the pro league season combined.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Uploaded one of the games we played on The Pit, really showcasing some 4sk effectiveness! :D You definitely want to watch the footage from 3:45 to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DFjcRglu0

Also, need to upload the game we just played on White Cell. @ <-- Poseidon juked the living shit out of @@arglactable <-- arglactable with the Flag and made a clutch flag save... It got returned in the end but the whole scenario + the chat reaction was priceless. :laughing:

This was awesome to watch. It legitimately looks like actual halo again. The nostalgia tripping is real. I love it.

The wife and daughter are going to be on vacation all next week so maybe I can jump on and grab a game or two with some of you guys. (I'm not good at all though- so if I'm dragging people down I'll step out for someone else to join)

Regardless though. This is amazing and it'll make me unbelievably happy to see it keep gaining momentum.

I can't help but secretly worry that 343 will make some Change to custom game options and settings that ruin your capability to do this though. I hope that never happens but it just sounds exactly like something that would.

Also cooper -same exact thought here. That one game was more enjoyable than the first three weeks of pro league. I stopped watching after that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why? Please enlighten me how sprint, clamber, slide and thruster in H5 are anything more than marginally different from said mechanics in COD:AW.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why? Please enlighten me how sprint, clamber, slide and thruster in H5 are anything more than marginally different from said mechanics in COD:AW.

The only resemblance of those two are movement mechanics, and even those function differently within the two games. Other than sharing a name of some mechanics, the two are night and day. Not that any of you would agree with that, though.

Really excited for this doubles playlist. I hope the community made maps get added in with the dev maps quickly. The speed at which the game gets updated support has been such a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only resemblance of those two are movement mechanics, and even those function differently within the two games. Other than sharing a name of some mechanics, the two are night and day. Not that any of you would agree with that, though.

It's not really night and day. More like night and late evening.

Default h5 is incredibly generic feeling.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not really night and day. More like night and late evening.

Default h5 is incredibly generic feeling.

I couldn't disagree more.

Slide is exactly the same, sprint is unlimited in Halo (only diff), mantle is automatic in CoD (only diff), thruster is very simliar to AW's dash but a bit longer and slower, and you can shoot during AW's I think, ground pound is like a slower Boost Slam from AW.

And that's only core mechanics, not even mentioning the perks, care packages, loadouts from Halo 4, some of which have carried over to 5.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I couldn't disagree more.

That's like disagreeing with an orange being the colour orange.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Slide is exactly the same, sprint in unlimited in Halo (only diff), mantle is automatic in CoD (only diff), thruster is very simliar to AW's dash but a bit longer and slower, and you can shoot during AW's I think, ground pound is like a slower Boost Slam from AW.

And that's only core mechanics, not even mentioning the perks, care packages, loadouts from Halo 4, some of which have carried over to 5.

Don't forget spartan charge. Which is just destiny's shoulder bash.

Hell, every time 343 talks about SC they even call it shoulder bash.

That's like disagreeing with an orange being the colour orange.

I get a kick out of people thinking their opinion is law.

Enjoy season 1 finals today, everyone!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

you're connection was godly holy shit

Haha yeah, everything felt pretty damn good yesterday, usually the servers tweak here and there.

I enjoyed watching that more than the entirety of the pro league season combined.

The 4sk pistol changes are so damn fun man. Literally just having nothing but a good ass time playing these settings.

This was awesome to watch. It legitimately looks like actual halo again. The nostalgia tripping is real. I love it.

The wife and daughter are going to be on vacation all next week so maybe I can jump on and grab a game or two with some of you guys. (I'm not good at all though- so if I'm dragging people down I'll step out for someone else to join)

Regardless though. This is amazing and it'll make me unbelievably happy to see it keep gaining momentum.

I can't help but secretly worry that 343 will make some Change to custom game options and settings that ruin your capability to do this though. I hope that never happens but it just sounds exactly like something that would.

Also cooper -same exact thought here. That one game was more enjoyable than the first three weeks of pro league. I stopped watching after that.

Yeah man, please do! You don't have to worry about unbalanced teams or anything like that because we constantly switch up teams to make games fair and everyone wins/loses. The settings are EXTREMELY fun to play on and we have quite a good mix of Default Halo 5 maps and some really nice Forge maps, one of which is actually going into matchmaking, called White Cell (now they get credit for taking our map :mj:  hahaha).

The main difference you'll notice when playing these settings immediately is the pacing of the matches. It always feels like something is happening, which is one of the main things everyone has been trying to focus on. Everything feels so much faster and intense. 

At any rate, glad you guys liked the video, I'm going to try to put some more up, hopefully we get some more from other POVs as well.  :) Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 2

How? I'm not trying to be inflammatory here but you basically have to be completely blind or ignorant to both games, or a 343 fanboy/shill to actually believe that. The emulation of CoD and the parallels between the two games since Halo Reach and more significantly since 343 took over are astoundingly obvious. 

- Sprint

- Armor/Spartan Abilities (Perk system basically)

- Thrust and slide

- Ground and Pound and honestly Spartan Charge deserves to be there. 

- Focus shifting on unlockables, a credit system and REQs

- Loadouts semi-starting in Reach and clearly ripped off in Halo 4

- Omni-viability for weapons, automatic use/power in Halo 5

- Warzone itself seems to be a ripoff of Titanfall/Battlefront/Battlefield-ish to some extent

- Prior to this Firefight was a ripoff of Hoard mode from GoW2 IMO. 

But even with just playing the games...how can you not see the trend that the Halo series has taken post Halo 3, and even more so with Halo 4 and Halo 5. It's just so obvious that they are trying to emulate the Call of Duty experience to draw in the casual audience in order to get more $$$ and population numbers and it has clearly failed and is why 343 is terrible. I've said this already but I will say it again, 1-3 were so successful and popular due to the fact that they were the premier competitive FPS' on console, the best Arena shooter which clearly differed from CoD. Reach was a mistake, MCC was an abomination, but it could have still been fixed....yet they drop Halo 4, then a broken MCC and now while everyone was stroking Halo 5 when it came out...it clearly wasn't that good, it launched incomplete and it still is I think, and the mechanics/sandbox or whatever are just not that good. 

Halo clearly tried to emulate CoD which was a huge mistake. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

P.S. @@SMARTAN 427 Posted my opinion about the V2 changes here:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14130-halo-5-guardians-classic-customs-thread/page-8?do=findComment&comment=806230

Short summary, I'm completely against the melee changes. 4sk pistol feels good, the new jumping is great and lead to a lot more default maps being viable, however the melee I'm 100% against. It was already really strong how it was and there is no need to change it further. The settings are honestly great, we don't need anymore tweaks to be honest. I have of ton of kills (particularly Narrows and Fathom where I made a ton of use of the auto + melee combo) and you can already see how fast I can get kills with that combo. 2 shot pistol + melee is not necessary because I feel like we're making that change for the sake of previous games being 2 shot melee. But the difference here is that we have a faster RoF with the pistol (utility weapon, for comparison).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha yeah, everything felt pretty damn good yesterday, usually the servers tweak here and there.

The 4sk pistol changes are so damn fun man. Literally just having nothing but a good ass time playing these settings.

Yeah man, please do! You don't have to worry about unbalanced teams or anything like that because we constantly switch up teams to make games fair and everyone wins/loses. The settings are EXTREMELY fun to play on and we have quite a good mix of Default Halo 5 maps and some really nice Forge maps, one of which is actually going into matchmaking, called White Cell (now they get credit for taking our map :mj:  hahaha).

The main difference you'll notice when playing these settings immediately is the pacing of the matches. It always feels like something is happening, which is one of the main things everyone has been trying to focus on. Everything feels so much faster and intense. 

At any rate, glad you guys liked the video, I'm going to try to put some more up, hopefully we get some more from other POVs as well.  :) Thanks!

I haven't played Halo 5 in forever but after watching that I think I'd like to give it a try and play with those settings. Add me if you need another person for this reclaimer 8s...my GT is Joe T8. I have OG Nick added already...not sure if he has me added back anymore? But whatever...met him on MCC I think or H5, can't remember. 

And you know what...I just feel like editing this and adding something: 

I Fu**ing hate Halo reddit. But besides that....some kid on there is trying to tell me that Halo 5 has a unique population into the 200-300 thousands, at least, every month. Does that sound right? Because it kind of does...but at the same time I doubt it is that high. What is the average population on Halo 5...probably like 30-40k I'd say? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't played Halo 5 in forever but after watching that I think I'd like to give it a try and play with those settings. Add me if you need another person for this reclaimer 8s...my GT is Joe T8. I have OG Nick added already...not sure if he has me added back anymore? But whatever...met him on MCC I think or H5, can't remember. 

Thanks man, yeah please come join! I'll definitely add you, GT: FeaR DeucEy. Usually everyone gets on in the evening, we'll definitely try to get you in.

• Upvote (+1) 1