CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Could you share some questions with me? I wanna hear

It's just asking about the Warzone modes and the REQ system. And then one random question about BTB starting weapons. 

*awaits the LEGAL RAMIFICATIONS*

• Upvote (+1) 7

Are you making these claims because you play Counter-Strike or because you do not play Counter-Strike?

Because it doesn't sound like you play Counter-Strike.

I have a combined 2.5k+ hours in them.

If we want to argue that the two games play very differently, we can talk about how the recoil system has changed to favor spraying more than tapping. Or the fact that pistols can 1 tap to the head. Or the decreased running inaccuracy, especially on pistols.

And even then, I still wouldn't say it plays "very differently".

Decent survey. Hopefully, they'll make some changes sooner rather than later.

Oh, and the last several pages. :wutface:

@@SMARTAN 427,

Yup, trying to get a lobby together for Reclaimer settings. 

FYI, me and @ have been walking around on maps for a few hours and we found a plethora of maps, and a some default maps work as well. Just need to start testing them all out, coming up with an "official list" so to speak, and try to push these.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Team Snipers is this week's rotational social.

Either way I will be online in some form.

In about an hour or so.

I'm going to need some test dummies again...

@@SMARTAN 427,

Yup, trying to get a lobby together for Reclaimer settings.

FYI, me and @ have been walking around on maps for a few hours and we found a plethora of maps, and a some default maps work as well. Just need to start testing them all out, coming up with an "official list" so to speak, and try to push these.

Nice! I'm going to need to grab those... I still need to finish going through @'s map pool.

I also have a few small settings tweaks to maybe implement/remove. When we start to seriously promote this I want to rename the the settings.

@@Cooper, Evolved sounds way too good and fitting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did 343 overhaul the ranking system recently? Because I've always been placed as a High Plat-Low Diamond in previous seasons in Team Arena, yet in all my placement matches so far, I'm getting matched against all Onyxs, despite losing every match and generally not doing well.

Update is out.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/community-update-the-finals-countdown

Some highlights:

Team Doubles will be ranked on dev maps with reduced ammo counts.

The August season will only be 1 month long.

An objective social playlist will be added during a feedback period.

Orion 2 got axed for more tweaks. Just let the map stay dead.

A new forge map 'White Cell' will be put in the Slayer playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ARE. YOU. FUCKING. KIDDING. ME.

They are finally gonna rank doubles, but only use dev maps? What the fuck! Is this a joke?

And we are back to one month seasons which is trash and needs to be changed.

AND THEY SNAGGED THE BEST CS MAP. ENJOY WHITE CELL ON DEFAULT SETTINGS YOU PLEBS

But back to doubles man holy hell. Why go through with a forge map playlist just to say "lol no we take it all away!"

Unreal.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They are finally gonna rank doubles, but only use dev maps? What the fuck! Is this a joke?

But back to doubles man holy hell. Why go through with a forge map playlist just to say "lol no we take it all away!"

Sorry, I should've also added that he said a little bit later that they'll be adding the best updated community maps over time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry, I should've also added that he said a little bit later that they'll be adding the best updated community maps over time.

Yea I read that but "over time" means nothing when 343 says it. Look how long it took to get doubles even in the game. Lord knows how long it will actually take you use these maps. But why even release a test playlist and not use any of the maps? It's just stupid.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Yea I read that but "over time" means nothing when 343 says it. Look how long it took to get doubles even in the game. Lord knows how long it will actually take you use these maps. But why even release a test playlist and not use any of the maps? It's just stupid.

The sad thing is that the Halo community is pretty much used to this now. I've never seen another developer work this slow consistently.

343i has no idea wtf they're doing

They hire guys like Bravo and they have no say in the settings and mechanics

And guys like Bravo know about the MP more than anyone there

It's.. just.. so.. goddamn refreshing playing these long ass custom game sessions with these settings guys, I don't think you understand how glad I am to finally be able to enjoy Halo 5 for the first time.

Uploaded one of the games we played on The Pit, really showcasing some 4sk effectiveness! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DFjcRglu0

For the record, yes we've been balancing teams and all of us have been winning and losing. The games are just pure fun regardless.

Also, need to upload the game we just played on White Cell. @ juked the living shit out of @@arglactable with the Flag and made a clutch flag save... It got returned in the end but the whole scenario + the chat reaction was priceless. :laughing:

I gotta see this lmao

Oh man. One crazy dude on r/halo begun to argue with everyone who found Halo 5 underwelming. Not only that he also

remove his own comment and copy the same shit so he avoid the downvotes.

343 fanbase man.