CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Your right yeah I totally agree. I've played some decent forge maps in the past. Yet to play a good one on H5 though unfortunately 

I'm assuming you haven't played Community Doubles...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm assuming you haven't played Community Doubles...

Watched a lot of people stream it and that's what put me off. Really didn't like them. I won't have seen them all though so i'm sure there are some decent ones out there.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The good forge maps in this game are better than the dev maps. Aesthetically and gameplay wise.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Oh, 'massive' would be putting it lightly... Strafing is infinitely more powerful and decreases overall aim assist across the board (which of course a lot of us playing enjoyed.)

Oddly enough, despite the fact that base health was increased to lower the effectiveness of automatics, they are still quite useful in close range due to how quickly precision weapons lose aim assist from the strafing.

If the health has been increased does that mean it takes more than 5 shots with the magnum? Or more than 4 with the BR ect? Or have the settings been changed for the weapons too? Where can I find these settings?  (sorry if someone has already told me).

If the health has been increased does that mean it takes more than 5 shots with the magnum? Or more than 4 with the BR ect? Or have the settings been changed for the weapons too? Where can I find these settings?  (sorry if someone has already told me).

4sk magnum.

I can adjust easy whereas some people...clearly... can't. If Halo 6 didn't have sprint it wouldn't be a problem but after playing games for  years with no sprint it kinda makes things abit more interesting. 

I care about the future of halo. None of you have played the game for more years than me as a lot of us have played since day one. I have played it for a stupid amount of time and want to continue doing so as do you but I don't see why sprint (for instance) has a negative impact on the game. I don't like everything that changes but some changes are good and too many people (I'm not necessarily saying you) don't want any change at all and how is that going to sell games? Sales are dropping as people that played all them years ago have no time anymore and as the  younger generation has a daft amount of games to choose from.

Well I think it's pretty obvious that you have been trolling this entire time or if that is not the case I really don't know what to say regarding your thought processes, logic and arguments displayed through the past few pages I've read. 

First of all "adjusting" is a completely baseless, subjective term. What does that even mean? Can we quantify what that means in terms of skill....have you been a top matchmaking player or amateur or professional player through multiple Halo titles (No) ? Well you may have had a boosted 50 in swat or team slayer in Halo 3 then got a meaningless onyx in Reach, there were no ranks in Halo 4 and in MCC the ranks were broken. Are you a platinum or diamond or onyx in Halo 5? Again these ranks really mean nothing because Halo 5's ranking system is designed on making the aggregate population feel good about themselves for the most part, unless you are a top ~100 champion in Arena from what I've experienced/seen the rank doesn't mean much. Any champion in Arena generally meant something, but champions in other playlists didn't really mean much etc. 

My point is "adjusting" doesn't mean jack shit, I can substitute "rationalizing any change, negative or positive, that Bungie or 343 makes to Halo". You say you have been playing longer than everyone here? Well a lot of people here played since Halo 1, I personally played Halo 1 when it came out albeit as a young kid on my Uncle's xbox, but I played split-screen against my brother and co-op for what it's worth. No one knows how good you are and I would take a guess that you aren't even good at Halo 5 let alone the previous, respectable titles (1-3...or even Reach I guess if you want to include that). 

Why don't you link your gamertag to back up the claims that you are so good at adjusting and more experienced, implying you are better than most people arguing against you? I would really like to see your Halo 5 ranks even though I don't even play the game anymore. I doubt you will link your GT though and that's fine...But your arguments and counterpoints are ridiculous. There is a clear-cut direct correlation between the popularity of Halo titles since Bungie and 343 started fucking around with sprint, bloom, spartan abilities, thrust, and other bullshit features that strayed from the extremely successful first 3 titles.

I feel like most casual players just play the game for the campaign, goofy customs/gametypes like Griffball, Infection, action sack type stuff, Big Team Battle and maybe dabbling in social or ranked generic slayer and Swat. It was a massive mistake to cater the game structure and mechanics to this faction of players when they clearly prefer other titles such as CoD, Battlefield, Overwatch/Battlefront, even Gears and may have still bought Halo games anyway regardless. This decision, in my opinion, has alienated a lot of the competitive video game players who have opted to move on to CSGO/Moba games or even CoD. Basically Halo is drawing themselves thin by trying to cater to casual players when the game inherently was an extremely successful, skillful console FPS-Arena shooter. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Headshots are instakill with precision rifles so base health isn't calculated into headshots. BR, DMR, Light Rifle, Carbine, etc. They all have the same headshots killtimes as before. Body shot requirements however, are probably increased.

Reclaimer settings are another setting that's played with Magnum starts and the Magnum kills in 4 headshots.

The only weapon in the game that has headshot abilities and doesn't follow this rule is the AR. The AR has a damage increase from headshots, but no instakill.

Well I think it's pretty obvious that you have been trolling this entire time or if that is not the case I really don't know what to say regarding your thought processes, logic and arguments displayed through the past few pages I've read. 

First of all "adjusting" is a completely baseless, subjective term. What does that even mean? Can we quantify what that means in terms of skill....have you been a top matchmaking player or amateur or professional player through multiple Halo titles (No) ? Well you may have had a boosted 50 in swat or team slayer in Halo 3 then got a meaningless onyx in Reach, there were no ranks in Halo 4 and in MCC the ranks were broken. Are you a platinum or diamond or onyx in Halo 5? Again these ranks really mean nothing because Halo 5's ranking system is designed on making the aggregate population feel good about themselves for the most part, unless you are a top ~100 champion in Arena from what I've experienced/seen the rank doesn't mean much. Any champion in Arena generally meant something, but champions in other playlists didn't really mean much etc. 

My point is "adjusting" doesn't mean jack shit, I can substitute "rationalizing any change, negative or positive, that Bungie or 343 makes to Halo". You say you have been playing longer than everyone here? Well a lot of people here played since Halo 1, I personally played Halo 1 when it came out albeit as a young kid on my Uncle's xbox, but I played split-screen against my brother and co-op for what it's worth. No one knows how good you are and I would take a guess that you aren't even good at Halo 5 let alone the previous, respectable titles (1-3...or even Reach I guess if you want to include that). 

Why don't you link your gamertag to back up the claims that you are so good at adjusting and more experienced, implying you are better than most people arguing against you? I would really like to see your Halo 5 ranks even though I don't even play the game anymore. I doubt you will link your GT though and that's fine...But your arguments and counterpoints are ridiculous. There is a clear-cut direct correlation between the popularity of Halo titles since Bungie and 343 started fucking around with sprint, bloom, spartan abilities, thrust, and other bullshit features that strayed from the extremely successful first 3 titles.

I feel like most casual players just play the game for the campaign, goofy customs/gametypes like Griffball, Infection, action sack type stuff, Big Team Battle and maybe dabbling in social or ranked generic slayer and Swat. It was a massive mistake to cater the game structure and mechanics to this faction of players when they clearly prefer other titles such as CoD, Battlefield, Overwatch/Battlefront, even Gears and may have still bought Halo games anyway regardless. This decision, in my opinion, has alienated a lot of the competitive video game players who have opted to move on to CSGO/Moba games or even CoD. Basically Halo is drawing themselves thin by trying to cater to casual players when the game inherently was an extremely successful, skillful console FPS-Arena shooter. 

Please find the quote where I said I have been playing longer because I'm pretty sure I said nobody here has played for more years than me... meaning I've been playing this game just as long as anyone else. Thought that was pretty obvious but ok.

In terms of adjusting your right I should have used a different word as I meant basically that i'm ok with change whereas some people can't deal with change.

Again I haven't said I'm more experienced I simply said I have played the halo games for a stupid amount of time but by all means... quote me. Can't remember saying i'm better than you guys either. 

Don't feel like only the top 100 in champion are any good but that's your opinion. I'm not claiming to be the best player on the forum nor have I ever said anything close to that but you trying to put me down about my old and current ranks by trying to guess plat and 'boosted' 50s is ridiculous. I had a 50 in every playlist on H3 as did many other people. I'm only Onyx on this game yeah... what's your point? I didn't say I was better than you guys so your post is just a long ass post of absolute trash

Headshots are instakill with precision rifles so base health isn't calculated into headshots. BR, DMR, Light Rifle, Carbine, etc. They all have the same headshots killtimes as before. Body shot requirements however, are probably increased.

Reclaimer settings are another setting that's played with Magnum starts and the Magnum kills in 4 headshots.

The only weapon in the game that has headshot abilities and doesn't follow this rule is the AR. The AR has a damage increase from headshots, but no instakill.

I will have to try them out. Where can I get the settings to bookmark them?

Watched a lot of people stream it and that's what put me off. Really didn't like them. I won't have seen them all though so i'm sure there are some decent ones out there.

What didn't you like about them? Every map in that playlist except for Malta is pretty damn good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will have to try them out. Where can I get the settings to bookmark them?

In the description on Forgehub's Youtube video.

Reclaimer settings are an edited version made by SMARTAN 427. They're all in his fileshare.

New halo survey boys

An excellent one, too. 

Everyone should go and fill it in.

Please find the quote where I said I have been playing longer because I'm pretty sure I said nobody here has played for more years than me... meaning I've been playing this game just as long as anyone else. Thought that was pretty obvious but ok.

In terms of adjusting your right I should have used a different word as I meant basically that i'm ok with change whereas some people can't deal with change.

Again I haven't said I'm more experienced I simply said I have played the halo games for a stupid amount of time but by all means... quote me. Can't remember saying i'm better than you guys either. 

Don't feel like only the top 100 in champion are any good but that's your opinion. I'm not claiming to be the best player on the forum nor have I ever said anything close to that but you trying to put me down about my old and current ranks by trying to guess plat and 'boosted' 50s is ridiculous. I had a 50 in every playlist on H3 as did many other people. I'm only Onyx on this game yeah... what's your point? I didn't say I was better than you guys so your post is just a long ass post of absolute trash

I could totally deal with changes if they were for the better.

Basically every Halo game has a lessened skillgap progressively from Halo 1-4, and Halo 5 is slightly better than 4 because 4 is so bad. The only debatable thing is that Halo 2 4v4 can be see as better than Halo 1 4v4 because of the improved 4v4 spawn system. 2v2 Halo 1 is the pinnacle so far though.

Bungie has introduced revolutionary features like Forge, matchmaking and theater, but gameplay wise they seem to go slightly backwards every time. 343 took that and (pardon the pun) sprinted with it. Every new iteration they just keep adding new gimmicks that get away from core Halo. Bungie even realized this mistake a few times by realizing dual wielding was a detriment. Equipment was stupid and 343 dumped it. Ordinance and loadouts and shit in Halo 4 was terrible. So I mean you can go ahead and keep defending these "necessary changes" but history has proven repeatedly that these changes were for the worse and eventually rolled back.

• Upvote (+1) 6

How do I consistently play with people in onyx arena who still don't go for rockets when they have a giant arrow over them 30 seconds in advance and have an announcer who counts down 10 seconds in advance?

FYI, I'm going to be playing around with Thruster using the 4SNSNR. Coming from a competitive integrity mindset, thruster pack and the meta behind it is just as enriching to Halo as wavedash was to Melee. If you disagree that's fine, I'll clarify on why Thruster is so damn good and could theoretically be made even better. But that's not a discussion to be had right now. I'll be toying around with longer Thrust CD and checking things out. The good news so far is that thruster pack doesn't benefit from increased movement speed.

No problem man go ahead. Just two things I want to say:

#1: Please be sure to rename your settings to something different (for example, I didn't use Old School I renamed mine Reclaimer), that way, settings don't get confused.

#2: The distance, speed, as well as cooldown and number of uses can be tweaked on Thrust. You could make it slower with more uses, for example, as an idea.

I do disagree a little on Thruster, but I won't let that stop you from experimenting.

Knock yourself out man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used the quote in my previous post, it clearly comes off as you saying you have played longer than most people here, but fine if you meant it as you played just as long as anyone else possibly could I'll take your word for it. 

I highly doubt you had a 50 in every playlist in Halo 3 but somehow can't manage to get a champion rank in any playlist in Halo 5...on top of the fact that you were a diamond in Arena and Slayer for the "pre-season" which was the longest season I was apart of in Halo 5 with some of the most accurate rankings I think, and you were only an onyx in Swat and a 1500 in FFA which virtually everyone placed into onyx for that season. 

Honestly you have to be a troll because you literally didn't even place in March or April and you only placed in a total of 4 playlists from February to May. For someone who is so adamant about the changes made to this series and for Halo 5 in particular you certainly don't play this game that much really. 

I wasn't trying to be a dick or put you down for your ranks, but it's so cliche and annoying as fuck whenever someone says "Adapt kid or go play another game!" which is almost verbatim to what you have been saying. Adapt to what? You are a Diamond to 1500s Onyx level player with a fair amount of Platinum rankings...in a ranking system where it pushes you into higher tiers and making Onyx is really easy for the most part. I just don't understand how you can tell others to adapt... 

I'm not trying to brag at all, I literally haven't played Halo 5 since late January I think or early Feb and I don't care about the game or rankings, but I will post my gamertag/ranks considering you actually posted yours: 

http://halotracker.com/h5/player/Joe%20T8?season=2041d318-dd22-47c2-a487-2818ecf14e41

I was only ranked for "Pre-season" through February season and I had 5 champion ranks, 7 achieved without finishing with them I think, I was an Onyx in every single playlist that was ever released and I was into the 2000s for Arena and Slayer...and Swat I guess for some seasons. I was pretty good at Halo 5 but I was never good enough to actually do anything competitively, and the game just got very stale and annoying to me, coupled with 343's negligence and shitty oversight of the game and series, so I've stopped playing. 

Basically I am trying to say it's pretty clear I "adapted" and some people arguing with you have adapted to the new games as well, but that doesn't mean it's a good game and it's irrelevant. We all adapted to Halo 4 probably....but the game was shitty compared to the former titles. Did we adapt to Bloom in Reach? 

To address your last points...a shit load of people boosted in Halo 3 it's not really a big deal if you did. You said I assumed you had plats, well according to Halotracker I assumed correctly because you have nearly as many Platinum ranks as Onyx and Diamond so I'm not sure what your point is there.

Nobody got a 50 in team control.

I also seriously doubt a lot of these people that "had 50s in every playlist" had squad or RBTB 50s. Especially squad since it was practically impossible to find games against legit players past level 40 unless you arranged games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nobody got a 50 in team control.

I also seriously doubt a lot of these people that "had 50s in every playlist" had squad or RBTB 50s. Especially squad since it was practically impossible to find games against legit players past level 40 unless you arranged games.

To be fair I think he is saying all the core playlists or playlists that existed until the end of the game's life like Lone Wolves, Doubles, Slayer, Swat, Snipers, MLG, any that I'm missing...etc. 

Personally I say "I had a 50 in every playlist in Halo 3" too if I am talking about it...I did have a 50 in all of the core playlists that existed until the end of the game + Valentine's Day Doubles....and I can't remember if I had one in Mythic Brawl...

Anyway, I doubt he actually has 50s in every playlist anyway, even without counting all the weekend specials like Infection ranked, Grifball ranked, Mythic Brawl, Valentine's Dubs, etc and the temporary playlists like ranked BTB, ranked Squad Battle, Skirmish/Objective? and Control like you said...or any that I can't remember. 

I just can't see someone being a legit MLG 50 in Halo 3 and 50 in every core playlist not being about to get one champion rank or at least have consistent onyx's or even any moderately high onyx ranks in Halo 5. Especially someone who seems so bullish on how great it is and how they have "adapted" to the gameplay so fluidly.

Are you signed up for the Community Feedback Program?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/community/halo-community-feedback-program

No, I just signed up for it. Never knew about that..

"This email confirms that you have joined the Halo Community Feedback Program!

Thank you! We cannot wait to begin working with you to make Halo even better!"

Depending on when you've joined, you may not get a survey for a couple of months! Don't worry, we're still thinking of you and can't wait to ask you questions. That sucks. 

I used the quote in my previous post, it clearly comes off as you saying you have played longer than most people here, but fine if you meant it as you played just as long as anyone else possibly could I'll take your word for it. 

I highly doubt you had a 50 in every playlist in Halo 3 but somehow can't manage to get a champion rank in any playlist in Halo 5...on top of the fact that you were a diamond in Arena and Slayer for the "pre-season" which was the longest season I was apart of in Halo 5 with some of the most accurate rankings I think, and you were only an onyx in Swat and a 1500 in FFA which virtually everyone placed into onyx for that season. 

Honestly you have to be a troll because you literally didn't even place in March or April and you only placed in a total of 4 playlists from February to May. For someone who is so adamant about the changes made to this series and for Halo 5 in particular you certainly don't play this game that much really. 

I wasn't trying to be a dick or put you down for your ranks, but it's so cliche and annoying as fuck whenever someone says "Adapt kid or go play another game!" which is almost verbatim to what you have been saying. Adapt to what? You are a Diamond to 1500s Onyx level player with a fair amount of Platinum rankings...in a ranking system where it pushes you into higher tiers and making Onyx is really easy for the most part. I just don't understand how you can tell others to adapt... 

I'm not trying to brag at all, I literally haven't played Halo 5 since late January I think or early Feb and I don't care about the game or rankings, but I will post my gamertag/ranks considering you actually posted yours: 

http://halotracker.com/h5/player/Joe%20T8?season=2041d318-dd22-47c2-a487-2818ecf14e41

I was only ranked for "Pre-season" through February season and I had 5 champion ranks, 7 achieved without finishing with them I think, I was an Onyx in every single playlist that was ever released and I was into the 2000s for Arena and Slayer...and Swat I guess for some seasons. I was pretty good at Halo 5 but I was never good enough to actually do anything competitively, and the game just got very stale and annoying to me, coupled with 343's negligence and shitty oversight of the game and series, so I've stopped playing. 

Basically I am trying to say it's pretty clear I "adapted" and some people arguing with you have adapted to the new games as well, but that doesn't mean it's a good game and it's irrelevant. We all adapted to Halo 4 probably....but the game was shitty compared to the former titles. Did we adapt to Bloom in Reach? 

To address your last points...a shit load of people boosted in Halo 3 it's not really a big deal if you did. You said I assumed you had plats, well according to Halotracker I assumed correctly because you have nearly as many Platinum ranks as Onyx and Diamond so I'm not sure what your point is there.

I had a 50 in all the 'core' games then if that makes sense? Lone wolves, slayer... MLG ect. I've only just returned to H5 after I don't know how many months off due to work. How it ranks you now is based on your previous ranking too so someone that didn't place last season will have a harder job than someone that already placed Onyx last season. I came up with a guy  a couple of days ago that was a higher rank than me with a much lower KDA and a lower win rate with only one game played difference. 

I have to be a troll because work has prevented me from playing for a few months? Don't see how that works but ok.

I already explained what I meant when I said about adjusting/adapting and I already said I should have worded it different. I meant in the sense of coping or dealing with change. In game or in RL some people don't mind change and others do.

I'm a onyx level player...no more... no less but because I have a plat in slayer for instance (with a good win rate and good KDA... with a KD above 2 and I don't play with a team) it means what exactly? You know how many pros have a champ but the rest of their playlists are all onyx? Would you class them champ or onyx? These rankings are based heavily on time put into each season so my bad for not getting champ.

Apart from the boosting and buying 50s H3 was much better for showing your true skill and I had multiple 50s. H2 I was only a 39 but that was even harder due to all the modders and people that used to standby.

Either way I have played the Halo series a hell of a lot and I'm glad I didn't just buy a remake of a past game.

To be fair I think he is saying all the core playlists or playlists that existed until the end of the game's life like Lone Wolves, Doubles, Slayer, Swat, Snipers, MLG, any that I'm missing...etc. 

Personally I say "I had a 50 in every playlist in Halo 3" too if I am talking about it...I did have a 50 in all of the core playlists that existed until the end of the game + Valentine's Day Doubles....and I can't remember if I had one in Mythic Brawl...

Anyway, I doubt he actually has 50s in every playlist anyway, even without counting all the weekend specials like Infection ranked, Grifball ranked, Mythic Brawl, Valentine's Dubs, etc and the temporary playlists like ranked BTB, ranked Squad Battle, Skirmish/Objective? and Control like you said...or any that I can't remember. 

I just can't see someone being a legit MLG 50 in Halo 3 and 50 in every core playlist not being about to get one champion rank or at least have consistent onyx's or even any moderately high onyx ranks in Halo 5. Especially someone who seems so bullish on how great it is and how they have "adapted" to the gameplay so fluidly.

I played the hell outta MLG for my 50...lost it I don't know how many times then got it back. It was all about teamwork as H5 is and due to the fact I rarely play sweaty with callouts ect (more casual these days) I don't normally play with a team. Back then I would be on with my team everyday sweating my arse off. Work kills me these days so I haven't always got the energy to be all sweaty