CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I said that I think that yes. IMO. As I said i personally wouldn't play a game I played all them years ago. I would rather play something different.

So go play something different.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Generally people in thread aren't as anal as HCS thread people.

Just stop responding to him if you guys are getting upset.

People here also don't seem to report people. I know in the HCS thread people report all the time.

In what ways does CSGO play differently from 1.6 that you'd say they play "very differently"?

You don't buy ammo in CSGO, for one. There's also the fact that the SSG replaces the Scout. Oh, and CS GO's meta changes every month or two.

I could probably go more in-depth, but I'm the wrong person to ask for details. Counter-Strike isn't a series I follow, just something I jump into from time to time.

I'm also drawing on my 1.6 LAN knowledge from my high school years. That should tell you how drastic the changes are.

Edit. There's also no bunny hopping in GO, I believe. And no shields either.

Lol just acknowledging the hypocrisy is all.

I don't see it as hypocrisy. I see it as the people in that thread being whiny children and the sqeaky wheel getting the grease.

I am... H5... a new game

H5 would be more popular if it appealed to actual halo fans though instead of people like you looking for "something new".

"Something new" is the most saturated market on earth.

There's nothing in the Halo market to compete with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You don't buy ammo in CSGO, for one. There's also the fact that the SSG replaces the Scout. Oh, and CS GO's meta changes every month or two.

I could probably go more in-depth, but I'm the wrong person to ask for details. Counter-Strike isn't a series I follow, just something I jump into from time to time.

I'm also drawing on my 1.6 LAN knowledge from my high school years. That should tell you how drastic the changes are.

Buying/not buying ammo isn't something that people care about, nor does it actually effect gameplay. Sure, there was a simple money-saving decision to make that might have added a negligible amount of 'depth', but not important otherwise.

Not sure how the SSG replacing the scout means much. The SSG does more damage, and can jump-shot I guess.

Aside from some differences in mechanics, the game still plays how you'd expect it to based on 1.6.

H5 would be more popular if it appealed to actual halo fans though instead of people like you looking for "something new".

"Something new" is the most saturated market on earth.

There's nothing in the Halo market to compete with.

I can adjust easy whereas some people...clearly... can't. If Halo 6 didn't have sprint it wouldn't be a problem but after playing games for  years with no sprint it kinda makes things abit more interesting. 

lol. Now he's going back through the thread and negging all of my responses. :walshy: What a hero.

I gotchu fam!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Buying/not buying ammo isn't something that people care about, nor does it actually effect gameplay. Sure, there was a simple money-saving decision to make that might have added a negligible amount of 'depth', but not important otherwise.

Not sure how the SSG replacing the scout means much. The SSG does more damage, and can jump-shot I guess.

Aside from some differences in mechanics, the game still plays how you'd expect it to based on 1.6.

I don't know the specifics of buying ammo, but I do know that it's a mixed change. It wasn't as simple as a money-saving decision.

The SSG lowers your speed to 230 over 250. The Scout increases it to 260 over 250. A 30 speed difference is very significant. Also a mixed change.

And there's a reason why 1.6 still has such a large population. It's because CS GO doesn't play like it.

Edit. There's also a reason why knife running is considered a sprint mechanic in GO. In 1.6, the pistols had a default run speed value. You didn't need to equip your knife to move at max speed.

I can adjust easy whereas some people...clearly... can't. If Halo 6 didn't have sprint it wouldn't be a problem but after playing games for  years with no sprint it kinda makes things abit more interesting. 

You're complacent and largely apathetic, which actually seems to be the case with most of the people who defend any and all changes to their dying breath. And that's what I just don't understand. Honest question: if you don't actually CARE if any of these mechanics are in the game, why are you so invested in all change as if it is inherently good and arguing with people who actually DO care about the practical effects of these mechanics? Are you just being contrarian because it makes you feel important? Do you take some pride in your ability to "adjust?" Your apparent need for any change, no matter the impact, to make things "interesting" just seems like a serious attention deficit on your part.

Plenty of in-depth suggestions have been made by people here with regards to changes to the Halo formula. The settings we've been testing do not play like "old" Halo. Change is not the issue. It's poor changes that undermine the core aesthetics of Halo gameplay for the sake of appealing to some nebulous and as-of-yet unseen population of modern shooter fans who apparently wouldn't play a Halo game that plays like Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I can adjust easy whereas some people...clearly... can't. If Halo 6 didn't have sprint it wouldn't be a problem but after playing games for years with no sprint it kinda makes things abit more interesting.

Halo's numbers have clearly shown a downward trend since they started taking up the "something new/copying" design philosophy. Look at the population pre and post Reach.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

You're complacent and largely apathetic, which actually seems to be the case with most of the people who defend any and all changes to their dying breath. And that's what I just don't understand. Honest question: if you don't actually CARE if any of these mechanics are in the game, why are you so invested in all change as if it is inherently good and arguing with people who actually DO care about the practical effects of these mechanics? Are you just being contrarian because it makes you feel important? Do you take some pride in your ability to "adjust?" Your apparent need for any change, no matter the impact, to make things "interesting" just seems like a serious attention deficit on your part.

Plenty of in-depth suggestions have been made by people here with regards to changes to the Halo formula. The settings we've been testing do not play like "old" Halo. Change is not the issue. It's poor changes that undermine the core aesthetics of Halo gameplay for the sake of appealing to some nebulous and as-of-yet unseen population of modern shooter fans who apparently wouldn't play a Halo game that plays like Halo.

I care about the future of halo. None of you have played the game for more years than me as a lot of us have played since day one. I have played it for a stupid amount of time and want to continue doing so as do you but I don't see why sprint (for instance) has a negative impact on the game. I don't like everything that changes but some changes are good and too many people (I'm not necessarily saying you) don't want any change at all and how is that going to sell games? Sales are dropping as people that played all them years ago have no time anymore and as the  younger generation has a daft amount of games to choose from.

• Downvote (-1) 2

What happens to the people that want to play H5?... you know the game that has sprint!

You know what this reminds me of? If I moved to another country that has a completely different way of life to what I'm used to and I didn't like it do you know what I would do? Move back!

So the opposite of what 343 did with Halo?

I care about the future of halo. None of you have played the game for more years than me as a lot of us have played since day one. I have played it for a stupid amount of time and want to continue doing so as do you but I don't see why sprint (for instance) has a negative impact on the game. I don't like everything that changes but some changes are good and too many people (I'm not necessarily saying you) don't want any change at all and how is that going to sell games? Sales are dropping as people that played all them years ago have no time anymore and as the younger generation has a daft amount of games to choose from.

Type "sprint" in the search bar on the topic list. You'll get literally hundreds of well reasoned posts explaining how sprint ruins the spirit of Halo, not the least of which is putting your gun down instead of up and ready to fight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Type "sprint" in the search bar on the topic list. You'll get literally hundreds of well reasoned posts explaining how sprint ruins the spirit of Halo, not the least of which is putting your gun down instead of up and ready to fight.

You don't HAVE to sprint. Use it if you want to. I miss the good old btb days on halo 3 where I would spawn and it would take me all day to get to where the action is. Hell even on the smaller maps it takes ages.

• Downvote (-1) 12

I can adjust easy whereas some people...clearly... can't. If Halo 6 didn't have sprint it wouldn't be a problem but after playing games for years with no sprint it kinda makes things abit more interesting.

I adjested fine. I have onyx and champs and blabla.

And now we've played games with sprint for years. And some games are shifting away from it and those games feel fresh.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I care about the future of halo. None of you have played the game for more years than me as a lot of us have played since day one. I have played it for a stupid amount of time and want to continue doing so as do you but I don't see why sprint (for instance) has a negative impact on the game. I don't like everything that changes but some changes are good and too many people (I'm not necessarily saying you) don't want any change at all and how is that going to sell games? Sales are dropping as people that played all them years ago have no time anymore and as the  younger generation has a daft amount of games to choose from.

So, continuing along those lines, is there any evidence at all to suggest that making Halo MORE like the daft amount of games on the market instead of less is going to sell more games. Why is making Halo demonstrably more generic and less unique going to sell more copies? You're applying 343 logic here. Has it worked in the last 3 games? No. Was there any evidence to suggest that people weren't interested in "old" Halo before then? No. So why are you under the impression that the strategy of the past 6 years, accompanied by consistently dwindling population and sales (after 343 dropped the ball with their numbered sequel hype), is somehow healthy for this series?

• Upvote (+1) 4

You don't HAVE to sprint. Use it if you want to. I miss the good old btb days on halo 3 where I would spawn and it would take me all day to get to where the action is. Hell even on the smaller maps it takes ages.

No. No. Nope. Uh uh. I'm out.  :wutface:  :poop: 

Excuse me while I don't sprint and Sprinty McBullethose sword/sprint/thrust juggles the flag all the way across Truth before I can even reach pink tower.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm sorry but this argument is unfathomably ignorant and not well thought out at all.

If this is your argument then no wonder you don't understand why sprint is a problem.

Again go search the forum. Cursed Lemon has a couple good threads about it. Among others.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, continuing along those lines, is there any evidence at all to suggest that making Halo MORE like the daft amount of games on the market instead of less is going to sell more games. Why is making Halo demonstrably more generic and less unique going to sell more copies. You're applying 343 logic here. Has it worked in the last 3 games? No. Was there any evidence to suggest that people weren't interested in "old" Halo before then? No. So why are you under the impression that the strategy of the past 6 years, accompanied by consistently dwindling population and sales (after 343 dropped the ball with their numbered sequel hype), is somehow healthy for this series?

Companies have to make changes in order to 'keep up the the times'. I wouldn't say no to the amount of money made off of these last 3 games. They must be doing something right. The people making all this money must be wrong though because we have been playing these games for years so we know best right? I fear the answer to this question but would you rather buy a 'new' game with all the same settings ect but just with better graphics or actually buy a new game?

It's funny as hell because in 10 years time when there is even more new actions added to games people will be demanding that they have the good old sprint back.

• Downvote (-1) 4

I don't know the specifics of buying ammo, but I do know that it's a mixed change. It wasn't as simple as a money-saving decision.

The SSG lowers your speed to 230 over 250. The Scout increases it to 260 over 250. A 30 speed difference is very significant. Also a mixed change.

And there's a reason why 1.6 still has such a large population. It's because CS GO doesn't play like it.

Edit. There's also a reason why knife running is considered a sprint mechanic in GO. In 1.6, the pistols had a default run speed value. You didn't need to equip your knife to move at max speed.

Nothing you've told me has been significant.

Are they different? Sure. But movement speed changes on the scale of 10-20 on certain weapons, and ammo buying don't make this game play "very differently".

No. No. Nope. Uh uh. I'm out.  :wutface:  :poop: 

Excuse me while I don't sprint and Sprinty McBullethose sword/sprint/thrust juggles the flag all the way across Truth before I can even reach pink tower.

So making it slower for everyone works better...for you... right?

• Downvote (-1) 9