CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Look @@Captur3z, I think you should try the settings. They have a fast movement speed, great strafe, and depending on which one you play, a 4sk Pistol or an actually balanced BR start without the crazy aim assist due to the strafe. And best of all, no radar.

THIS imo, is what Halo 5 should have been, actually taking what worked and expanding on them, not taking what didn't and trying to nerf them to hell, and adding some random AA's in the mix. No one here wants a H3 2, or a Halo 2.2. We just want a game that plays, and feels like an ACTUALLY evolved Halo. If you like H5, no problem dude, so do I. But having these settings as a playlist won't hurt you.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Refusing to agree with us?! Dude, no one asked you a single time to agree wit--.... As a matter of fact, agree with what?! We weren't even arguing about anything. You just came in and started randomly spewing about how much you like Halo 5 the way it is.

All we basically said was, sweet dude. You have Halo 5 to play. In the meantime, we're going to continue working on these settings.

So how is it that i'm trolling if not because i'm disagreeing with you? Since my first post i'm replying to what I am tagged in (or quoted). You basically said sweet dude? But because I continued to disagree with you guys and I share my opinion (on a forum of all places)  i'm mentally challenged and i'm an asshole apparently?

Don't know how some people get on when not sat behind a keyboard because people disagree with people everyday but it doesn't normally result in petty name calling (kids do obviously). 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Look @@Captur3z, I think you should try the settings. They have a fast movement speed, great strafe, and depending on which one you play, a 4sk Pistol or an actually balanced BR start without the crazy aim assist due to the strafe. And best of all, no radar.

THIS imo, is what Halo 5 should have been, actually taking what worked and expanding on them, not taking what didn't and trying to nerf them to hell, and adding some random AA's in the mix. No one here wants a H3 2, or a Halo 2.2. We just want a game that plays, and feels like an ACTUALLY evolved Halo. If you like H5, no problem dude, so do I. But having these settings as a playlist won't hurt you.

I will gladly play the new/old settings and I might actually enjoy them but having not yet played them I just gave my opinion. As I've stated multiple time I loved most of the old halos but too many times people don't want any change at all. Maybe I jumped the gun on thinking you guys didn't want any change... which I don't think would help halo so if that's the case then my bad.

So how is it that i'm trolling if not because i'm disagreeing with you? Since my first post i'm replying to what I am tagged in (or quoted). You basically said sweet dude? But because I continued to disagree with you guys and I share my opinion (on a forum of all places)  i'm mentally challenged and i'm an asshole apparently?

Don't know how some people get on when not sat behind a keyboard because people disagree with people everyday but it doesn't normally result in petty name calling (kids do obviously). 

Man.. -sigh- 

I'm not understanding how you can't understand and interpret what anybody is saying..

HALO 5 DEFAULT IS FINE.

PEOPLE MAKING CUSTOM SETTINGS ARE ALSO FINE.

NO ONE IS TRYING TO REPLACE HALO 5.

THEY ARE SETTINGS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T ENJOY HALO 5 HOW IT IS.

You're not disagreeing with anyone because you're not arguing anything. You don't have a point. That's what we're saying to you man. I can literally go back and quote several post that you've responded to of mine where I told you Halo 5 is fine and it's great that you like it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man.. -sigh- 

I'm not understanding how you can't understand and interpret what anybody is saying..

HALO 5 DEFAULT IS FINE.

PEOPLE MAKING CUSTOM SETTINGS ARE ALSO FINE.

NO ONE IS TRYING TO REPLACE HALO 5.

THEY ARE SETTINGS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T ENJOY HALO 5 HOW IT IS.

You're not disagreeing with anyone because you're not arguing anything. You don't have a point. That's what we're saying to you man. I can literally go back and quote several post that you've responded to of mine where I told you Halo 5 is fine and it's great that you like it.

My argument is that LIKE I ALREADY SAID I think they need to add things to games for them to be classed as new games. I'm not saying they all work (armor lock for instance) but I'm saying I feel... IMO... that H5 works.  CS is popular as hell and I have played that game so damn much from the day it came out but I would'n't want to play a game that I played all them years ago.

I'm disagreeing because I feel H5 works whereas you guys obviously don't.

My argument is that LIKE I ALREADY SAID I think they need to add things to games for them to be classed as new games. I'm not saying they all work (armor lock for instance) but I'm saying I feel... IMO... that H5 works.  CS is popular as hell and I have played that game so damn much from the day it came out but I would'n't want to play a game that I played all them years ago.

:stern:

Sweet dude. You disagree and we all accept the fact you feel that Halo 5 works. Are you done now?

Well, damn. I'm out of negs for the day. That's a first.

Welcome to my world lol.

lol. Now he's going back through the thread and negging all of my responses.  :walshy: What a hero.

I miss constructive, Old School/Reclaimer/Evolved settings hype Halo 5 Discussion thread. Can we get back to that and stop responding to this kid?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

lol. Now he's going back through the thread and negging all of my responses. :walshy: What a hero.

I miss constructive, Old School/Reclaimer/Evolved settings hype Halo 5 Discussion thread. Can we get back to that and stop responding to this kid?

Please use the Halo 5 Happy Settings discussion topic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:stern:

Sweet dude. You disagree and we all accept the fact you feel that Halo 5 works. Are you done now?

I didn't think that's how forums worked but sure man

• Downvote (-1) 1

lol. Now he's going back through the thread and negging all of my responses.  :walshy: What a hero.

I've only just learned that's what we do when we don't like something that someone has said.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Is this what you guys did in the HCS thread? Is that why talking about settings is banned now?

Edit. It's an actual question.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please use the Halo 5 Happy Settings discussion topic.

My bad. Didn't mean to clutter up the Halo 5 Bitching and No U thread with that stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're saying that games need new things to be classed as "new", yet CSGO has the same gameplay as it did nearly 20 years ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My bad. Didn't mean to clutter up the Halo 5 Bitching and No U thread with that stuff.

thank you for your continued patience, feedback and support!

This is stupid. I love how if anyone derails the topic in the HCS thread, the mods jump at the chance to delete any and all conversations regarding that topic (and don't get me wrong, rightfully so). But in this thread, anyone can come in and derail the current conversation when it's clearly against forum rules to do that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're saying that games need new things to be classed as "new", yet CSGO has the same gameplay as it did nearly 20 years ago.

I said that I think that yes. IMO. As I said i personally wouldn't play a game I played all them years ago. I would rather play something different.

This is stupid. I love how if anyone derails the topic in the HCS thread, the mods jump at the chance to delete any and all conversations regarding that topic (and don't get me wrong, rightfully so). But in this thread, anyone can come in and derail the current conversation when it's clearly against forum rules to do that.

Don't you see it? You can make off-topic any thread if you are premium 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't, actually. Not sure why people keep bringing up this misconception.

CSGO, CSS, and CS only look the same. The games play very differently from each other.

In fact, the three still have large populations because of those differences. 1.6 has 20k players (surprisingly) and Source has 8k.

For comparison, Rainbow Six Siege has 30k players and TF2 has 65k players.

CSGO, CSS, and CS only look the same. The games play very differently from each other.

In fact, the three still have large populations because of those differences. 1.6 has 20k players (surprisingly) and Source has 8k.

CSGO has simplistic gameplay mechanics, no sprint, no gimmicks like thrust or buzzlight year-ing around like in AW, no armor abilities or spartan charge etc, and it's the most popular FPS. Yes it's on PC but it's core mechanics at the very least provide evidence that Halo did not need to emulate CoD and other FPS trends to become less competitive and arguably less skillful in a failed attempt to attract casual audiences. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For comparison, Rainbow Six Siege has 30k players and TF2 has 65k players.

In what ways does CSGO play differently from 1.6 that you'd say they play "very differently"?

This is stupid. I love how if anyone derails the topic in the HCS thread, the mods jump at the chance to delete any and all conversations regarding that topic (and don't get me wrong, rightfully so). But in this thread, anyone can come in and derail the current conversation when it's clearly against forum rules to do that.

Generally people in thread aren't as anal as HCS thread people.

Just stop responding to him if you guys are getting upset.

It's actually playable and does very much exist so you could play it if you wanted to (would be the logical thing to do if you don't like what this game has to offer). It's called moving forward. I loved Halo 2 do but do you think Halo 6 will be as limited as H2 were? Or do you think they will try to add things to actually... I don't know... bring a new game out?

Late response, went out to eat. MCC is 'playable' but it has so many issues that it's hard to get lobbies together. And you can change things to make a game 'new' yet still play similar. H2 to H3 is the best example. H5 plays very little like any other Halo except maybe default H4. H5 CS is by far the most skilled Halo I've played in a long time. I don't feel like a gimmick is why I died. I don't complain because jimmy no thumbs spartan charged me.

• Upvote (+1) 2