CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Dude really, that's like a strawman argument for a video game ripoff lmao. 

Halo CLEARLY stole ideas and tried to emulate the CoD franchise during Reach and thereafter. 

- Credit/money system to buy armor and misc. things (CoD first)

- Sprint (CoD first)

- Armor Abilities - Loosely copies the perk system from Cod

- Firefight - Copies Hoard mode from GoW

- Thrust - Copies AW jetpack bullshit and probably other games, was there in Halo 4 though as an ability to be fair, but probably copied from somewhere

- Warzone - a Ripoff of Titanfall/Battlefront/Battlefield type shit basically.

- REQ system - Microtransactions to emulate and keep up with CoD and other games, just a trend overall to be fair, but it is trash. 

Etc.

Halo 5, GoW and CoD in particular have made how much money off of these ideas? It's not really an issue with who came up with the idea first really is it?

• Downvote (-1) 3

Your customs are so good that you have time too? Didn't realize that because I like something I shouldn't do anything but that  

You're not understanding my point dude.. You're not understanding anything being said to you. You like Halo 5 how it plays, dope! That's fucking great man, and I'm not being sarcastic or condescending or anything. What I'm telling you is that, no one cares that you like it. I am not saying that because you like Halo 5, you're a lesser person. I am saying that people like different things. But let everyone else do whatever they want with the game.. They gave us custom settings for a reason, that's why they're using them. I've never seen so many people get so adamant about so custom settings that damn game provides.

@@Captur3z

What the hell are you on about?

Are you really Alex Jonesing this with "THEY'RE GONNA TAKE AWAY MUH HALO 5'"?

NOBODY IS TRYING TO DO THAT. We're just people having a blast playing good settings. The most we hope for is getting a classic playlist like this in MM alongside default.

Holy shit. Chill out man.

So if your having a blast playing these customs then why not continue to do so? 

• Downvote (-1) 2

They ripped off these other popular games? You could argue that other games have ripped off the first game the ever used nades but lets not go there.

These 'ideas' that they STOLE have been proven to be popular. Not by people that don't like change or can't deal with it but by people that don't want to buy a game that they have already played for the last 12 years.

It's all about sales for release dates and saying were going to release a game with no changes and no difference isn't going to sell shit

Halo 5 sold less than literally every other major game in the series. Are you actually mentally challenged? Jesus Christ. Can you just fucking reading what people are posting instead of running in fucking circles? NO ONE WANTS HALO TO BE THE SAME. Our current custom settings are not "the same," they just happen to feel like an actual Halo game, with fast movement, faster perfect kill times, and a crisp as fuck strafe. I'm done responding to you. You don't listen.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Dude, for the love of god... You're. You are.

And in case you didn't realize, they were discussing the settings before you got here.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What happens to the people that want to play H5?... you know the game that has sprint!

You know what this reminds me of? If I moved to another country that has a completely different way of life to what I'm used to and I didn't like it do you know what I would do? Move back!

I'm all for making changes that would improve the game for everyone but too many people are stuck in the past. I loved the old Halos but if I wanted to play on them settings I would just go and play them games. That or like a lot of you have been doing... play them in customs. Don't try and make the change for the rest of us that actually enjoy H5.

So your solution is for those who want Halo without sprint/radar/strong autos is to go back to the old games, or customs? And what about those who like H5? All of these can be found in COD. Why don't you go there? My point is, telling people to leave or go back is never a good idea.

I actually enjoy Halo 5. Sometimes it's fun, when the lobby isn't spartan charging or spamming the SR. But, sprint/radar/strong autos don't add anything to the game. Why should we keep them? Halo 5 has a solid competitive base IMO, it just needs tweaking. Why shouldn't we try to optimize it?

You know what? Too many people have replied with so much hostility... it's ridiculous. I gave my opinion on a forum as I thought that was kinda the idea but because I don't agree with some of you I should 'fuck off to another forum'.

My bad guys. You guys all have fun agreeing with each other. Should probably have a header or something that warns people not to disagree.  

• Downvote (-1) 8

Dude really, that's like a strawman argument for a video game ripoff lmao. 

Halo CLEARLY stole ideas and tried to emulate the CoD franchise during Reach and thereafter. 

- Credit/money system to buy armor and misc. things (CoD first)

- Sprint (CoD first)

- Armor Abilities - Loosely copies the perk system from Cod

- Firefight - Copies Hoard mode from GoW

- Thrust - Copies AW jetpack bullshit and probably other games, was there in Halo 4 though as an ability to be fair, but probably copied from somewhere

- Warzone - a Ripoff of Titanfall/Battlefront/Battlefield type shit basically.

- REQ system - Microtransactions to emulate and keep up with CoD and other games, just a trend overall to be fair, but it is trash. 

Etc.

credits weren't in cod until blacks ops, which came out after reach. Also if we're going to put a tally on concepts halo has stolen in the past, it'll get pretty hairy considering the first game is full of contemporary ideas for the time.

Halo 5 sold less than literally every other major game in the series. Are you actually mentally challenged? Jesus Christ. Can you just fucking reading what people are posting instead of running in fucking circles? NO ONE WANTS HALO TO BE THE SAME. Our current custom settings are not "the same," they just happen to feel like an actual Halo game, with fast movement, faster perfect kill times, and a crisp as fuck strafe. I'm done responding to you. You don't listen.

Your right, I'm wrong. I want to say sorry to each and every one of you for sharing my opinion on a forum (I understand now that was the wrong thing to do). As far as I'm aware i'm not mentally challenged no but for you I will go and have it checked out. Thanks for putting me in my place

• Downvote (-1) 1

You know what? Too many people have replied with so much hostility... it's ridiculous. I gave my opinion on a forum as I thought that was kinda the idea but because I don't agree with some of you I should 'fuck off to another forum'.

My bad guys. You guys all have fun agreeing with each other. Should probably have a header or something that warns people not to disagree.  

Dude, give me a break, no one was being hostile towards you. I replied to you many-a-times with the same rhetoric that I'm happy at the fact that you enjoy Halo 5 how it plays... That's awesome that you found a game you like to play! But you're basically sitting here telling everyone else to fuck off and play MCC because you like Halo 5. That's not an opinion, that's fascism.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dude, for the love of god... You're. You are.

And in case you didn't realize, they were discussing the settings before you got here.

Nothing in the rules says I have to type things in a certain way but ok man thanks for the help. You guys are so welcoming 

• Downvote (-1) 4

Halo 5, GoW and CoD in particular have made how much money off of these ideas? It's not really an issue with who came up with the idea first really is it?

You were claiming that Halo did not take any ideas from CoD or other games and laughed at the notion. 

It is an issue because this emulation of other successful FPS' titles is arguably the main reason why Halo has falling off in popularity and it has clearly compromised the competitive aspect of the game which is why I think it was so popular and alluring. Look what happened during Halo Reach...Bloom+Sprint+Abilities, popularity decreased and MLG dropped Halo, the title that built MLG, from their league/games (this was due to CoD pressuring it as well I think...). But the fact still remains, it should have been clear that was the wrong direction to take the game.

Then 343 continues the trend with Halo 4, making it even less competitive, lowering the skill gap, making it more casual in terms of game mechanics but also the entire ranking system is visibly gone etc. Did that work? No, it further hurt the franchise. MCC was a broken failure/mess of a release. But on to H5, did this revive anything? Even with the million dollar tournament did it really get that popular? No...not really. Then you see other games, albeit PC in this instance, like CSGO having supreme dominance as an FPS on a platform by being a clean, simple, twitchy skilled shooter. CS GO doesn't need any bullshit gimmicks like thrust or spartan charge, armor abilities, it doesn't need sprint. 

That's where they went wrong, instead of emulating and copying CoD, become an inferior casual experience to what was already the superior casual game in CoD, Halo should have focused on being the most skillful. competitive, Arena shooter on consoles. That's where I think they went wrong. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nothing in the rules says I have to type things in a certain way but ok man thanks for the help. You guys are so welcoming 

There is something in the rules about trolling and being passive aggressive however. That of which you have been breaking since you started speaking to everyone.

Dude, give me a break, no one was being hostile towards you. I replied to you many-a-times with the same rhetoric that I'm happy at the fact that you enjoy Halo 5 how it plays... That's awesome that you found a game you like to play! But you're basically sitting here telling everyone else to fuck off and play MCC because you like Halo 5. That's not an opinion, that's fascism.

I will go back to my posts later and check to where I said fuck off and play MCC and will 100% come out and say sorry if that's the case but I know 100% that because I haven't agreed with you all that I have been told to fuck off to another forum. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

We are?

We're also fine tuning to hopefully see if we can make it into an MM playlist.

What is your problem?

For all this talk about us being selfish, you sure seem to be stingy about keeping Halo 5 as is.

There is something in the rules about trolling and being passive aggressive however. That of which you have been breaking since you started speaking to everyone.

I'm trolling because I refuse to agree with you? I'm just sharing my opinion. I haven't come in here and said 'fuck all you guys that want to play older settings'. Once again... I thought this was a forum where people can agree or disagree with people but either way a place where people can share their opinion

• Downvote (-1) 1

credits weren't in cod until blacks ops, which came out after reach. Also if we're going to put a tally on concepts halo has stolen in the past, it'll get pretty hairy considering the first game is full of contemporary ideas for the time.

Well CoD had unlockable weapons, perks, oufits etc dating back to 4, the first MW. I realize Halo 3 had some unlockable equipment as well, but not nearly as much and it was limited to helmets/armor. 

I didn't include loadouts which started in Reach I believe, but were more prominent in Halo 4 and those clearly are taken from CoD. 

Yeah Halo 1 was somewhat innovate, but what aspects were really that innovate or what other franchises borrowed from them? I mean...FPS' like Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake, fuck even Goldeneye/Perfect Dark were out long before Halo 1. It's not like the OG Halo was the first FPS ever...I'd say it was more innovative in terms of campaign and graphics maybe, but I don't think anything was taken away from it by CoD that wasn't already in existence from other FPS titles really. 

Also I don't see how you can defend Bungie and 343 for heavily taking from CoD and even GoW regarding firefight. I just think it's obvious personally...I guess it's accepted in the video game industry will all those 3-lane Moba games and every FPS title. 

It's not about agreeing with you. You came in here and picked a fight. You ignored our arguments, constructed blatant false equivalences and complained that we're trying to do something constructive with a series we care about. You just keep talking in circles in favor of the current status quo and trivializing what we want to see in Halo games enough that we continue to advocate for it. Nothing you've said here has been constructive. You made no useful arguments. All you've done is put down what we're trying to do—because apparently it would negatively impact the Call of Halo you like—and offer insulting alternatives (like playing the Massive Clusterfuck Collection that 343 abandoned a year ago). Don't turn that around on us, dude. You're not the victim. You're the asshole.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm trolling because I refuse to agree with you? I'm just sharing my opinion. I haven't come in here and said 'fuck all you guys that want to play older settings'. Once again... I thought this was a forum where people can agree or disagree with people but either way a place where people can share their opinion

You came and said to me that those who want the old school settings should continue in customs, or go back to the old games. Disagreeing is fine, but somehow you act as if us asking for a playlist is a bad idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not about agreeing with you. You came in here and picked a fight. You ignored our arguments, constructed blatant false equivalences and complained that we're trying to do something constructive with a series we care about. You just keep talking in circles in favor of the current status quo and trivializing what we want to see in Halo games enough that we continue to advocate for it. Nothing you've said here has been constructive. You made no useful arguments. All you've done is put down what we're trying to do—because apparently it would negatively impact the Call of Halo you like—and offer insulting alternatives (like playing the Massive Clusterfuck Collection that 343 abandoned a year ago). Don't turn that around on us, dude. You're not the victim. You're the asshole.

I didn't ignore the arguments you made I just don't agree with them. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm the asshole but you call people assholes on a forum? Ok.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Refusing to agree with us?! Dude, no one asked you a single time to agree wit--.... As a matter of fact, agree with what?! We weren't even arguing about anything. You just came in and started randomly spewing about how much you like Halo 5 the way it is.

All we basically said was "Sweet dude. You have Halo 5 to play. In the meantime, we're going to continue working on these settings."

You came and said to me that those who want the old school settings should continue in customs, or go back to the old games. Disagreeing is fine, but somehow you act as if us asking for a playlist is a bad idea.

I don't agree with what you are saying but that doesn't mean I'm putting you down or your ideas down. I said about playing customs as you are now and going back to MCC (as to some it's a better game) just because as I said... that's what I would do if I wasn't happy with something. I also stated that is what I did with Reach. The games been out for a long time now and I don't personally see the logic in being here all this time if you don't like it (not just you) but it appears I'm wrong.

• Downvote (-1) 2