CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Seeing as this is the cool thing to do ............. Then*

Your cool. I wish I was more like you.

You're

Dude

• Upvote (+1) 5

Do you honestly not get the hypocrisy of your argument? If we like games that play like Halo, we should just play the old games that are broken and/or have no population, but you think you deserve to be catered to in the latest entry of this long-running series because...? If you like the supposedly inherent progress that is modern Halo undermining its core gameplay to be more like other games, then go play the original Call of Halo. We want progress. We want a fast, modern Halo game. Adapt.

You're right. Things do move forward, because Halo 5's Call of Duty movement doesn't let you move optimally in any other direction.  :holmes:

Oh right I understand now... You want progress just nothing new. Ok I get it now and I understand  what moving forward is all about so thank you

• Downvote (-1) 4

Dunk hunt is as popular as classic Halo.

Uh

Sure

And actually having varied playlists has been proven to work. Really well actually.

Yeah it would really help search times

My argument is if you want to play a different game to H5 then do so. If you want different settings then play a custom. Don't try and change it when other people actually enjoy new games (as much as I enjoyed the old games things move forward) 

Why is this even a big deal to anyone? You have the ability to go play H5, no one is trying to change H5. Hypothetically speaking... These settings get a playlist, what happens to the rest of the playlist? Everything else disappears? You can still play H5 for what it is, because you will still have 10 other playlist to play. These settings would get one, and it'd be social at that. There are people who like how H5 plays.. That's great man! Enjoy it, seriously. And let the people you're arguing with enjoy their settings.. Once again, I'm not seeing your point in arguing here. You're not the only person who plays Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh right I understand now... You want progress just nothing new. Ok I get it now and I understand what moving forward is all about so thank you

If you'd actually play the settings you'd see that it doesn't really play like any other Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh right I understand now... You want progress just nothing new. Ok I get it now and I understand  what moving forward is all about so thank you

No. I DO want something new. What I don't want is 343 cramming incompatible mechanics RIPPED OFF from other popular games. Literally nothing in Halo 5 is actually new. It's incredibly derivative and generally worse than the games they copied.

Look, bud, your argument is stupid. If you want to play 343's current, watered down Halo—sprint, spartan charge, overpowered automatics, motion tracker in competitive, and all—then more power to you, but I am not going to stop advocating for the kind of Halo game I want and I'm going to push hard for the Reclaimer/Evolved settings we've been testing this week. That's just the way it is. You're picking a fight and whining that people are trying to do something constructive with a series they've played for years and obviously care about. How about you just shut up and play Halo 5, since you seem so pleased with the "progress" 343 has made? Just stay in the HCS thread, where people are completely adverse to constructive conversations about Halo 5's mechanics just like you.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah it would really help search times

One niche playlist addition would hardly affect search times.

Did you notice a change in search times when any other list was added? Infection? BTB?

No. You didn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My argument is if you want to play a different game to H5 then do so. If you want different settings then play a custom. Don't try and change it when other people actually enjoy new games (as much as I enjoyed the old games things move forward) 

I jumped into this argument just now so I am probably missing some things, and for the record I quit Halo 5 five months ago because I think it kinda sucks and it got boring because of plethora of things (ranking system, hidden ELO/ranking system, Warzone & clans, lack of playlists, game mechanics themselves etc). I've just started playing MCC again for the past ~2-3 weeks. To be clear I was in a top Warzone clan and it was just way too boring/casual/nerdy, and this was after I already achieved a bunch of "champion" ranks and bullshit like that. 

But to address what you are saying: 

1. This is the second time you said " (many) other people actually enjoy the new games". Umm...how many people? Because the population is pretty fucking bad and it was for Halo 4, and it obviously is for MCC because the game was left heavily broken for half a year and is still semi-broken. I would be willing to bet that the population, which is very low relatively, consists of hardcore-long time halo fans, players who strive to be competitive, and then just a cycling of casual players who prefer Halo or enjoy Halo along with other FPS titles or other games. 

2. It's pretty evident, at least in my opinion, the direction Bungie went with for Reach (Bloom, Sprint, abilities) was a huge mistake. Reach was later "revived" somewhat competitively by removing bloom and sprint etc, but then 343 decided to double down in Halo 4 by retaining sprint and adding even more Spartan abiltiies along with a scope mechanism that couldn't be "knocked out". Was Halo 4 a success? Let's just say no, so then they created H2A upon the Halo 4 engine, etc, released Halo 5 with sprint-clamber, a weapon sandbox I believe is the term...that makes every weapon viable and thus lowers the skill gap IMO, all while not even focusing on casual playlists from launch or for a long period of time etc. 

3. I think Halo 5 was pretty good don't get me wrong, it was clearly better than Vanilla Reach, H2A and Halo 4 at the least (imo), and I use this analogy thing frequently...if Halo 5 or even Halo 4 wasn't a "Halo title" then it would be lauded as this sick shooter and would get a ton of praise, and ironically I think it might have a higher population if that even makes sense. But the simplicity and pure competitive aspect of Halo 1-3 (yes I think 3 is underrated in skill gap and deserves to be there clearly) has been neglected since Reach and 343 is honestly just a shitty company so there is virtually no hope it ever returns. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea, Halo 3 was a huge flop.

Oh, and Bravo talked about adding action sack in the future so what's your point?

It didn't work on MCC

Yeah because action sack is the way we all want the direction of Halo to go right? Action sack is the same as this fiesta crap... to keep all the scrubs that can't get a kill in MM in the game as they can now get kills with the Invis sword.

Let's clear something up... I loved most of the old Halos. There are loads of playlists they could add that would be popular but why do you think they don't have a playlist for every game type? 

Before anyone says it... Most people that want H5 to change are still playing arena or whatever whereas if they actually add these others then arena would be affected. As it stands they don't lose anything not giving you what you want because most still play.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Nah, man. Adding a playlist that people who barely play Halo 5 because of its current settings would enjoy would OBVIOUSLY split the population too much. lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Before anyone says it... Most people that want H5 to change are still playing arena or whatever whereas if they actually add these others then arena would be affected. As it stands they don't lose anything not giving you what you want because most still play.

Care to share those population numbers you're clearly privy to, Bravo?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It didn't work on MCC

Yeah because action sack is the way we all want the direction of Halo to go right? Action sack is the same as this fiesta crap... to keep all the scrubs that can't get a kill in MM in the game as they can now get kills with the Invis sword.

Let's clear something up... I loved most of the old Halos. There are loads of playlists they could add that would be popular but why do you think they don't have a playlist for every game type? 

You realize Action Sack is literally the 3rd most popular playlist on MCC right? If the playlist ordering according to population is true. (if it's not 3rd it's top 5 at least)

Arena in Halo 5 is fucking stupid. It's literally the most casual "ranked" playlist/s in any Halo game aside from the non-ranked Halo 4 experiment. It's basically Halo 4 with fake ranks for the most part because there is a hidden ELO - trueskill- bullshit- ranking system that allows shittier players to match worse players and somehow rank up similarly to someone with a high hidden skill, it causes less dignity in boosting than Halo 3 had. 

The Halo 5 ranking system is one of the reasons I quit that game, the resetting of ranks every "season" with no real reward or incentive, the bullshit hidden ranking system, the bullshit placings etc. The ranking system is absolute trash.

It didn't work on MCC

It didn't work for MCC? Are you really going to sit here and tell me that "too many playlists" was the reason MCC didn't work? LMAO poor playlist selection was a problem yes, but not too many playlists. They didn't even have many playlists, 343 specifically stated they weren't going to use too many.

And what are you trying to say about action sack? You brought up "duck hunt should be in MM then" and basically those game types are going to be there. In action sack. Also, people don't play action sack because they "can't get a kill" they play it because they enjoy it. Not everyone is a sweaty competitive halo player. What rank are you btw? Champ 1? You honestly gave contradicted yourself more than 5 times at this point pls stop and think for a minute before you type.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No. I DO want something new. What I don't want is 343 cramming incompatible mechanics RIPPED OFF from other popular games. Literally nothing in Halo 5 is actually new. It's incredibly derivative and generally worse than the games they copied.

Look, bud, your argument is stupid. If you want to play 343's current, watered down Halo—sprint, spartan charge, overpowered automatics, motion tracker in competitive, and all—then more power to you, but I am not going to stop advocating for the kind of Halo game I want and I'm going to push hard for the Reclaimer/Evolved settings we've been testing this week. That's just the way it is. You're picking a fight and whining that people are trying to do something constructive with a series they've played for years and obvious care about. How about you just shut up and play Halo 5, since you seem so pleased with the "progress" 343 has made? Just stay in the HCS thread, where people are completely adverse to constructive conversations about Halo 5's mechanics just like you.

They ripped off these other popular games? You could argue that other games have ripped off the first game the ever used nades but lets not go there.

These 'ideas' that they STOLE have been proven to be popular. Not by people that don't like change or can't deal with it but by people that don't want to buy a game that they have already played for the last 12 years.

It's all about sales for release dates and saying were going to release a game with no changes and no difference isn't going to sell shit

• Downvote (-1) 4

It didn't work for MCC? Are you really going to sit here and tell me that "too many playlists" was the reason MCC didn't work? LMAO poor playlist selection was a problem yes, but not too many playlists. They didn't even have many playlists, 343 specifically stated they weren't going to use too many.

And what are you trying to say about action sack? You brought up "duck hunt should be in MM then" and basically those game types are going to be there. In action sack. Also, people don't play action sack because they "can't get a kill" they play it because they enjoy it. Not everyone is a sweaty competitive halo player. What rank are you btw? Champ 1? You honestly gave contradicted yourself more than 5 times at this point pls stop and think for a minute before you type.

Like I already said Action Sack is one of the most popular playlists on MCC, it's top 5 in population (sadly lol). 

And I agree, I'm not trying to talk shit but this kid is probably a platinum-diamond or low onyx player (the ranking system is terrible, everyone can be "onyx"). 

I remember playing you in breakout awhile ago and you were pretty good. I'm not even that great but I'm pretty good, I never had a rank lower than onyx (got ranked in every playlist each season) and I had around ~7-10 champion ranks I think before I quit. It's not that anyone here who is arguing against Halo 5 is bad at it, and that's the ironic part is that I feel like all the kids who say "adapt" or advocate for all the sprint-charge-thrust-automatics-bullshit aren't even good at the game probably. 

Meh. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah, man. Adding a playlist that people who barely play Halo 5 because of its current settings would enjoy would OBVIOUSLY split the population too much. lol.

You guys still play though right?

Like I already said Action Sack is one of the most popular playlists on MCC, it's top 5 in population (sadly lol).

And I agree, I'm not trying to talk shit but this kid is probably a platinum-diamond or low onyx player (the ranking system is terrible, everyone can be "onyx").

I remember playing you in breakout awhile ago and you were pretty good. I'm not even that great but I'm pretty good, I never had a rank lower than onyx (got ranked in every playlist each season) and I had around ~7-10 champion ranks I think before I quit. It's not that anyone here who is arguing against Halo 5 is bad at it, and that's the ironic part is that I feel like all the kids who say "adapt" or advocate for all the sprint-charge-thrust-automatics-bullshit aren't even good at the game probably.

Meh.

That's what always makes me laugh. People assume we bash things because we suck at the game or we can't "adapt". That's so wrong it's hilarious. We just don't like certain aspects of the game. In fact, most people that play our custom settings are very good MM players that just want a more competitive less gimmicky game.

And I remember you lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It didn't work on MCC

So you're worried that people would get to play something they enjoy and that it would make the game not as enjoyable for you?

Lol, selfish much.

I didn't realize that I said that was the reason that MCC didn't work. My bad man thanks for pointing that out.

But what about the people that don't want to play the rest of action sack and just want duck hunt. 343 should surely make a playlist for them too?

• Downvote (-1) 3

Guys just ignore him, at this point, it's exactly what I was talking about yesterday. People just want attention because they have nothing else better to do. Obviously Halo 5 is so great, so you have time to sit around in a thread and argue about how much you love Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So you're worried that people would get to play something they enjoy and that it would make the game not as enjoyable for you?

Lol, selfish much.

You talk about selfish but as little or big as you think it would be it would change things for people that actually want to play H5. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

They ripped off these other popular games? You could argue that other games have ripped off the first game the ever used nades but lets not go there.

These 'ideas' that they STOLE have been proven to be popular. Not by people that don't like change or can't deal with it but by people that don't want to buy a game that they have already played for the last 12 years.

It's all about sales for release dates and saying were going to release a game with no changes and no difference isn't going to sell shit

Dude really, that's like a strawman argument for a video game ripoff lmao. 

Halo CLEARLY stole ideas and tried to emulate the CoD franchise during Reach and thereafter. 

- Credit/money system to buy armor and misc. things (CoD first)

- Sprint (CoD first)

- Armor Abilities - Loosely copies the perk system from Cod

- Firefight - Copies Hoard mode from GoW

- Thrust - Copies AW jetpack bullshit and probably other games, was there in Halo 4 though as an ability to be fair, but probably copied from somewhere

- Warzone - a Ripoff of Titanfall/Battlefront/Battlefield type shit basically.

- REQ system - Microtransactions to emulate and keep up with CoD and other games, just a trend overall to be fair, but it is trash. 

Etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't realize that I said that was the reason that MCC didn't work. My bad man thanks for pointing that out.

But what about the people that don't want to play the rest of action sack and just want duck hunt. 343 should surely make a playlist for them too?

Ideaally with a custom game browser, yes. And good Lord you just argue and don't listen to te rebuttals at all. Literally talking to a wall. I'm out fam.

Guys just ignore him, at this point, it's exactly what I was talking about yesterday. People just want attention because they have nothing else better to do. Obviously Halo 5 is so great, so you have time to sit around in a thread and argue about how much you love Halo 5.

Your customs are so good that you have time too? Didn't realize that because I like something I shouldn't do anything but that  

@@Captur3z

What the hell are you on about?

Are you really Alex Jonesing this with "THEY'RE GONNA TAKE AWAY MUH HALO 5'"?

NOBODY IS TRYING TO DO THAT. We're just people having a blast playing good settings. The most we hope for is getting a classic playlist like this in MM alongside default.

Holy shit. Chill out man.

• Upvote (+1) 5