CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's amusing, given that you literally just dished out the "adapt" argument in response to long time Halo fans wanting a new Halo game to play like Halo. Perhaps you would like to quote someone else making similar excuses with the hyper-constructive commentary that is "This." You know, just to really drive it home?

I'm not saying adapt. Iv'e played Halo since CE and I didn't like reach (I played it for as long as I could) so guess what I did? Just didn't play it... didn't adapt or complain 24/7

I didn't play it. I hadn't played for three months before this came out. Surprising isn't it that I actually want to play true Halo?

True Halo? Lmao you mean an old Halo?

• Downvote (-1) 8

I still think Breakout could have been a cool mode with some adjustments. Halo really could use a round based gametype.

Removing a gamemode is different than altering settings that are being used. The time to remove radar or change any setting would have been before the pro-league began. There's a fairly short turnaround from season 1 to the Fall season, so team changes are realistically the only changes that'll be made in the comp scene. The success of the tournaments will have the comp scene hold steady in terms of settings too. I think it's fair to say everyone would like to see sprint removed, but it won't happen for this title with worlds and a pro-league season already in the books under default settings.

Ew breakout. And I can't see an elimination mode ever working in halo. Man advantages are too difficult to overcome due to shields.

Anyways

I just want a community classic playlist.

So you play this because MCC doesn't work properly? Not really a decent argument for trying to change this game just because the one you want to play doesn't work

No, we want to change this game so that, one, it actually plays like Halo, and two, it's actually vaguely respectable as a competitive game. But just keep recycling these non-arguments for a Halo game that literally only has a small competitive scene because Microsoft keeps throwing money at it. Meanwhile, the game brings in cash from people with poor self-control and an excess of expendable income, courtesy of their terrible micro-transaction system.

But yeah, a lot of people would be less concerned with Halo 5 playing like a generic sci fi console shooter if we could play the games we like reliably online. What a fucking surprise. Really.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So you play this because MCC doesn't work properly? Not really a decent argument for trying to change this game just because the one you want to play doesn't work

Then don't tell me to go play a game that is in my opinion, better, if it doesn't exist. I want to make this game as good as it can be, and sprint, thruster, spartan charge, have all made me grow tired of this game faster than I grew tired of H4. I like the game overall better than any Halo since H2. But I also really want this game to play the best it can be.

I'll refrain from turning this into a post about sprint though.

Wow it's surprising. I don't like where Halo is going so I complain. Fucking it blows my mind as well.

Your not just complaining though are you? Your trying to change the game that many people enjoy. If you don't like the way Halo is going then why not try to 'adjust' the way Halo 6 will be made? You know... try and take it back to the good old days.

• Downvote (-1) 2

What happens to the people that want to play H5?... you know the game that has sprint!

Go play h4 on MCC?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

LMAO. It's like Halo 4 all over again

I feel like every precison weapon in Halo 5 is like this, which is disgusting.

Then don't tell me to go play a game that is in my opinion, better, if it doesn't exist. I want to make this game as good as it can be, and sprint, thruster, spartan charge, have all made me grow tired of this game faster than I grew tired of H4. I like the game overall better than any Halo since H2. But I also really want this game to play the best it can be.

I'll refrain from turning this into a post about sprint though.

It's actually playable and does very much exist so you could play it if you wanted to (would be the logical thing to do if you don't like what this game has to offer). It's called moving forward. I loved Halo 2 do but do you think Halo 6 will be as limited as H2 were? Or do you think they will try to add things to actually... I don't know... bring a new game out?

• Downvote (-1) 8

Your not just complaining though are you? Your trying to change the game that many people enjoy. If you don't like the way Halo is going then why not try to 'adjust' the way Halo 6 will be made? You know... try and take it back to the good old days.

You're*

You're*

They're making a game that they enjoy, why are you just insistently trolling? It's fine to like Halo 5 man. Just enjoy Halo 5 for what it is and let everyone else that you're arguing with right now, enjoy their settings for what they are. It's simple. Not understanding your argument right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Go play h4 on MCC?

Why when it's part of H5? I enjoy playing H5... I'm not the one saying MCC is better

True Halo? Lmao you mean an old Halo?

I actually find the settings that we've been playing on to feel much more "modern"(for whatever value that word has) than default h5. Especially in light of Overwatch and doom.

Default h5 feels quite slow, old and clunky. H5 is atleast a year behind the FPS mechanics curve.

Either way, how would a playlist using no sprint hurt you? You'd still have 10+ other lists to play. I don't like Grifball but you don't see me going "Omg go play MCC Grifball gtfo my game".

• Upvote (+1) 4

You're*

You're*

They're making a game that they enjoy, why are you just insistently trolling? It's fine to like Halo 5 man. Just enjoy Halo 5 for what it is and let everyone else that you're arguing with right now, enjoy their settings for what they are. It's simple. Not understanding your argument right now.

My argument is if you want to play a different game to H5 then do so. If you want different settings then play a custom. Don't try and change it when other people actually enjoy new games (as much as I enjoyed the old games things move forward) 

• Downvote (-1) 6

I actually find the settings that we've been playing on to feel much more "modern"(for whatever value that word has) than default h5. Especially in light of Overwatch and doom.

Default h5 feels quite slow, old and clunky.

Either way, how would a playlist using no sprint hurt you? You'd still have 10+ other lists to play. I don't like Grifball but you don't see me going "Omg go play MCC Grifball gtfo my game".

Duck hunt is crazy popular so what not have a playlist for that too? Having a different playlist for loads of different settings and games has already been proved to not work

• Downvote (-1) 5

Duck hunt is crazy popular so what not have a playlist for that too? Having a different playlist for loads of different settings and games has already been proved to not work

Yea, Halo 3 was a huge flop.

Oh, and Bravo talked about adding action sack in the future so what's your point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dunk hunt is as popular as classic Halo.

Uh

Sure

And actually having varied playlists has been proven to work. Really well actually.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Been a member for 2 days lol already off to a great start! Wanna try the settings homie? I encourage you to try them. If not that politely fuck off and go back to plat 1 breakout where you belong.

Seeing as this is the cool thing to do ............. Then*

Your cool. I wish I was more like you.

• Downvote (-1) 1