CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So, at first, I thought my tendency to get extremely frustrated at Halo 5 was just because I get frustrated about ANYTHING PvP related.

But then I played 2 hours of Overwatch Ranked, and didn't come any where NEAR the foul mood I got after only a couple of Halo 5 games. Maybe because, for one, OW actually matches parties of similar sizes with each other, and how it doesn't feel like if you didn't get the first shot in a 1v1, your only option is to thrust out of sight and throw a grenade at your feet.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i'm not in favor of shit settings i'm just telling you guys are literally wasting your time

i agree sprint and radar sucks, anyone with half a brain should 

but no sprint no radar is never going to be vanilla halo 5

as long as you guys keep the lunacy contained to the appropriate threads i have no qualms with your efforts 

the only reason why i'm here is because i got tagged, i'll return to the hcs thread at once 

If you don't like sprint and radar, why do think they are wasting their time? H5 is definitely an improvement, yet it still has problems that everyone overlooks.

They have settings that remove the problems H5 has IMO.

The reason why no sprint and no radar aren't happening is because of people who don't bother to speak out about it. 343i does change somethings, we got Breakout removed from the HCS, don't forget that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you don't like sprint and radar, why do think they are wasting their time? H5 is definitely an improvement, yet it still has problems that everyone overlooks.

The reason why no sprint and no radar aren't happening is because of people who don't bother to speak out about it. 343i does change somethings, we got Breakout removed from the HCS, don't forget that.

I still think Breakout could have been a cool mode with some adjustments. Halo really could use a round based gametype.

Removing a gamemode is different than altering settings that are being used. The time to remove radar or change any setting would have been before the pro-league began. There's a fairly short turnaround from season 1 to the Fall season, so team changes are realistically the only changes that'll be made in the comp scene. The success of the tournaments will have the comp scene hold steady in terms of settings too. I think it's fair to say everyone would like to see sprint removed, but it won't happen for this title with worlds and a pro-league season already in the books under default settings.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I still think Breakout could have been a cool mode with some adjustments. Halo really could use a round based gametype.

Removing a gamemode is different than altering settings that are being used. The time to remove radar or change any setting would have been before the pro-league began. There's a fairly short turnaround from season 1 to the Fall season, so team changes are realistically the only changes that'll be made in the comp scene. The success of the tournaments will have the comp scene hold steady in terms of settings too. I think it's fair to say everyone would like to see sprint removed, but it won't happen for this title with worlds and a pro-league season already in the books under default settings.

I mean, Halo 4 went from the default settings in 2012, to refined settings in 2013 in the comp scene. And we still have some two odd years to go before Halo 6. Wouldn't rule it out just yet. 

I mean, Halo 4 went from the default settings in 2012, to refined settings in 2013 in the comp scene. And we still have some two odd years to go before Halo 6. Wouldn't rule it out just yet.

That, and we also got ZBNS Reach.

We can do something, as long as people don't just give up.

And yeah, I know that 343I is not particularly good at instilling faith in people these days.

We got to just somehow ignore that and keep trying anyway.

Like I for one am not going to give up on 4sk Magnum settings just yet.

Especially since we now have proof of how well balanced the game can be with these settings.

Gotta keep pushing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, at first, I thought my tendency to get extremely frustrated at Halo 5 was just because I get frustrated about ANYTHING PvP related.

But then I played 2 hours of Overwatch Ranked, and didn't come any where NEAR the foul mood I got after only a couple of Halo 5 games. Maybe because, for one, OW actually matches parties of similar sizes with each other, and how it doesn't feel like if you didn't get the first shot in a 1v1, your only option is to thrust out of sight and throw a grenade at your feet.

Yea it's weird.  I couldn't agree more.  At least in Overwatch when my team is losing, it's usually obvious why.  Not nearly as frustrating as Halo 5.  Halo 5 is torturous to play comp.   Can't stand it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed here, I think Breakout could have been a cool mode, but it wasn't that great.

I understand what you mean, yet not many here are actually advocating for no sprint/no radar in the Pro League. Team Beyond is one of the only forums for competitive Halo players, we probably have the largest voice in changing things. If we want change, we should do something about it, instead of just sucking it up and thinking, "At least it isn't H4."

Join us. We have 4 shot magnums.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They haven't changed nearly enough.  So much missed opportunity.  

We haven't even gotten a classic playlist.   They could easily make a classic playlist with no sprint, no thrust, no clamor, no radar, Halo C.E. pistol.  I would have played the fuck out of that.  343i has to know there are Halo purist out there who eat that shit up.   Why not cater to them?   I bet they'd be surprised with how many people would like a playlist like that. 

They take no risks and cater to casuals, warzoners, and pros who only care that their settings don't change so they can stay good at a game with settings that yield a tiny skill gap.

Agreed here, I think Breakout could have been a cool mode, but it wasn't that great.

I understand what you mean, yet not many here are actually advocating for no sprint/no radar in the Pro League. Team Beyond is one of the only forums for competitive Halo players, we probably have the largest voice in changing things. If we want change, we should do something about it, instead of just sucking it up and thinking, "At least it isn't H4."

What happens to the people that want to play H5?... you know the game that has sprint!

You know what this reminds me of? If I moved to another country that has a completely different way of life to what I'm used to and I didn't like it do you know what I would do? Move back!

I'm all for making changes that would improve the game for everyone but too many people are stuck in the past. I loved the old Halos but if I wanted to play on them settings I would just go and play them games. That or like a lot of you have been doing... play them in customs. Don't try and make the change for the rest of us that actually enjoy H5.

• Downvote (-1) 9

What happens to the people that want to play H5?... you know the game that has sprint!

You know what this reminds me of? If I moved to another country that has a completely different way of life to what I'm used to and I didn't like it do you know what I would do? Move back!

I'm all for making changes that would improve the game for everyone but too many people are stuck in the past. I loved the old Halos but if I wanted to play on them settings I would just go and play them games. That or like a lot of you have been doing... play them in customs. Don't try and make the change for the rest of us that actually enjoy H5.

Don't worry it's ok, we know you have Stockholm syndrome.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So guys, for those that are enjoying my Reclaimer settings (4sk Magnum, no SAs), I will be posting a Feedback thread specifically for the nitty-gritty in the settings.

That way, we can refine it to near perfection and place it under a new name, such as H5: Evolved or something like that.

It will probably be later tonight or tomorrow when I finally post it though.

But I want to try and get this going.

My browser says I'm on Team Beyond, but I'm pretty sure I'm reading Waypoint right now. This is very confusing.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't worry it's ok, we know you have Stockholm syndrome.

Very constructive!

Give me a stable MCC with a healthy population, ranks, and party restrictions, and I would never hop on H5 again. Well, maybe if I had friends who wanted to play Power Rangers: Spartan Force I would.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The shitty Spartan Abilities debate has gone on for forever. I don't want to be constructive.

So don't play the game if you don't like it. It's not that difficult really

Very constructive!

That's amusing, given that you literally just dished out the "adapt" argument in response to long time Halo fans wanting a new Halo game to play like Halo. Perhaps you would like to quote someone else making similar excuses with the hyper-constructive commentary that is "This." You know, just to really drive it home?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So don't play the game if you don't like it. It's not that difficult really

I didn't play it. I hadn't played for three months before this came out. Surprising isn't it that I actually want to play true Halo?

Give me a stable MCC with a healthy population, ranks, and party restrictions, and I would never hop on H5 again. Well, maybe if I had friends who wanted to play Power Rangers: Spartan Force I would.

So you play this because MCC doesn't work properly? Not really a decent argument for trying to change this game just because the one you want to play doesn't work

• Downvote (-1) 2