CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Everyone who cares about competitive Esports Halo and Halo games with a true skill gap should be fully supporting the Halo 1 beach LAN stream and tournaments coming next week. Spread the word. Donate some money. Silos is matching donations made by others up to $500 right now. We can realistically hit a $4000 prize pool, hell 5000 isn't impossible. Patch says he's got 500 more coming.

Put the pessimists like Moses in their place and prove we don't need 343's shit settings for a competitive Halo scene.

yeah guys put me in my place and donate money to a h1 lan i plan on promoting, that will show me!

yeah guys put me in my place and donate money to a h1 lan i plan on promoting, that will show me!

Don't you want a return to form for Halo?

not in favor of shit settings i'm just telling you guys are literally wasting your time

i agree sprint and radar sucks, anyone with half a brain should

but no sprint no radar is never going to be vanilla halo 5

as long as you guys keep the lunacy contained to the appropriate threads i have no qualms with your efforts

the only reason why i'm here is because i got tagged, i'll return to the hcs thread at once

woa its almost like a self fulfilling prophecy!

if nobody makes the settings, the game will literally never change to what we want it be lmao

• Upvote (+1) 6

so uh, whats the deal with these classic settings? anyone want to be a gentleman and give me the deets?

Thought you were going back to the HCS thread?

so uh, whats the deal with these classic settings? anyone want to be a gentleman and give me the deets?

No Spartan Abilities what's so ever, increased speed and jump height to accommodate for the clamber and sprint, and Spartan came up with a way to make the pistol 4SK.

woa its almost like a self fulfilling prophecy!

if nobody makes the settings, the game will literally never change to what we want it be lmao

Exactly.

All this time people have been like '4sk Magnum'! Only a few people actually took the time and tested it, but I am the one guy actively trying to promote it.

Y'all can keep telling me that it won't hit MM. Thats probably true. But I'm sure as hell gonna try. I'll be the one guy who actually gives a fuck.

Its all or nothing for me.

At least the custom games are fun AF.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No Spartan Abilities what's so ever, increased speed and jump height to accommodate for the clamber and sprint, and Spartan came up with a way to make the pistol 4SK.

sounds good, what about sandbox changes?

Should've elaborated a little more and said "4sk without compromising anything but the other rifles". 4sk's easy to pull off, but the balancing of it and other weapons has been hard as shit for quite a while.

Eh all the other rifles need to be removed since Smartin increased shied and decreased health (or reverse). Full Autos are surprisingly weaker.

If you want the exact settings, do this:

Search my GT (SMARTAN 427)

Look for gametypes under Files (not bookmarks).

Download all of the Reclaimer settings(thats what I am calling them for now).

And there you go. Prepare yourself for extremely high amounts of fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Should've elaborated a little more and said "4sk without compromising anything but the other rifles". 4sk's easy to pull off, but the balancing of it and other weapons has been hard as shit for quite a while.

Well technically Smartins settings and Classis aren't exactly the same so I just put an amalgamation of both in the reply, Smartins would be able to explain better anyhow.

Eh all the other rifles need to be removed since Smartin increased shied and decreased health (or reverse). Full Autos are surprisingly weaker.

LR is unchanged. Carbine goes to a 6 shot kill. Which is comparitively weaker vs a 4sk pistol than the 7sk carbine is vs the 5sk pistol is it not?

DMR is also a 4sk I believe.

The BR is the only one that seems broken.

LR is unchanged.

DMR is also a 4sk is it not?

LR becomes 3SK.

But that's not a serious issue. The BR is the only problem.

LR becomes 3SK.

Unscoped?

I thought people were saying last night that it stays the same.

BR, DMR, and arguably Carbine become OP.

Light Rifle and literally everything else stays the same, therefore usable and 'balanced'(as much as H5 can get).

You will find yourself and your targets one-shot more often. But man, the pace is so fast.

LR becomes 3SK.

Only in scope my friend. LR is still 4sk unscoped from the hip.

Unscoped?

No idea honestly. But it would affect it no matter what. I think the biggest difference for rifles is that body shots do less damage.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Unscoped?

It does stay the same.

@ and @ for helping me specifically test these.

I wonder why the LR wasn't affected.

Default H5 has the Magnum do %75 damage to shields after 3 shots.

Default H5 has the LR do %67 damage to shields after 2 shots. Scoped is %50 damage after 1 shot.

I set the shield settings to %70 of normal.

Magnum now breaks shields in 3 shots, but the LR still requires 3 shots to break shields unscoped and also still requires 2 shots to break shields in scope.

Yay math.

• Upvote (+1) 1