CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What would be the point in having it then?

immersion :kappa:

It's to boost up speed but if sprint works like h5 where if you get shot, you move at a snails pace then you'll have issues. Also you dont recharge shields. Sprint does have a factor in creating momentum into the movement tech that has been invented lately (bum jump, thrust slide) as well

Another game did a similar idea, I think it was Wolfenstein where it had sprint but you kept your gun up. 

Personally id just rather have Thrust give you the option to thrust slide and leave it at that (the momentum for full sprint in h5 is actually really quickly achieved) 

HCS thread is a joke guys. I even had my post deleted for saying radar and autos are bad for HCS. It's sad that Beyond is the largest hub for competitive Halo yet maybe only 10% of us truly care about the competitive integrity of the game.

People just don't like it cluttering up the thread since the discussion could go on for numerous pages. I don't fully agree with that decision, but there is an Arena settings thread as a compromise.

Edit: I also tried advocating 4sk since in those settings 4sk could actually be pretty cool

Um... I've been working on that.

Um... I've been working on that.

I know, I heard about it. Overall though i don't really think the settings are one i like. If you and the group of people like it, great! Just not for me. If 4sk ever happens lemme know and ill try having an open mind about it if my input matters

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know, I heard about it. Overall though i don't really think the settings are one i like. If you and the group of people like it, great! Just not for me. If 4sk ever happens lemme know and ill try having an open mind about it if my input matters

I'd say stop by when we test Smartan's settings....so far we have a 4sk pistol that, when all other precision weapons are removed, can exist without removing autos or certain power weapons. May change your mind :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who's getting buttmad? In case you didn't see how this started, everyone in the HCS thread started completely bashing people who were just talking about it. That's what the hubbub is about lol, people flaming each other over "mY seTTing5 r b3ttr"

I just read someone cursing another person out because they said these settings won't be used in comp play...

Well I'm glad you decided to lump all us together like that, solid point

Nobody's "buttmad". Peope are fed up with default H5 and we've taken it on ourselves to create some settings *we* like, playtest, and refine to see if its MM worthy.

You do a disservice to be condescending to people who are actively making an effort to change stuff instead of whining and doing nothing about it.

See above concerning buttmad. Actually, you're using a fair amount of condescension now.

Firstly, a fair amount of people are decently happy with how H5 plays. Just as there are some that don't.

I said in my post that if the group is making settings they enjoy to play in customs, then that's great. That's why there are endless amounts of options to make custom settings from. Good for you lot that are doing that. Point is, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting any custom settings to be the competitive standard of the game. Although, a different style of play in a community playlist would be cool.

So, do yourself a service all you want and make a really fun group of settings that your group likes to play, but you can kiss the asses of anyone else making reasoned posts that you all respond to with hatred when they don't agree or type what you want to read.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People just don't like it cluttering up the thread since the discussion could go on for numerous pages. I don't fully agree with that decision, but there is an Arena settings thread as a compromise.

Not that I care either way because I have not once went into that thread to discuss settings, I mainly talk about the teams. But I think everyone's point/problem with this mentality is the bold. It's hard to complain that something that "takes up pages", when there's about 800+ pages worth of rep farming gifs and posts that have absolutely zero to do with the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd say stop by when we test Smartan's settings....so far we have a 4sk pistol that, when all other precision weapons are removed, can exist without removing autos or certain power weapons. May change your mind :)

Rad, if im not busy ill play a few

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just read someone cursing another person out because they said these settings won't be used in comp play...

See above concerning buttmad. Actually, you're using a fair amount of condescension now.

Firstly, a fair amount of people are decently happy with how H5 plays. Just as there are some that don't.

I said in my post that if the group is making settings they enjoy to play in customs, then that's great. That's why there are endless amounts of options to make custom settings from. Good for you lot that are doing that. Point is, I wouldn't hold my breath expecting any custom settings to be the competitive standard of the game. Although, a different style of play in a community playlist would be cool.

So, do yourself a service all you want and make a really fun group of settings that your group likes to play, but you can kiss the asses of anyone else making reasoned posts that you all respond to with hatred when they don't agree or type what you want to read.

Yeah you obviously didn't see what happened lol. No, it started because people in the HCS thread started calling people H2 Kids and saying shit like none of them even know how to play the game, etc. The typical droll statements. You then proceeded to read the after-effect, which is what you just stated.

And the second post is in response to Kill, I'm aware, but don't tell someone to kiss someone's ass about it, this goes back to how this shit started to begin with. Don't be a pretentious asshole to get your point across.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're the one who made a sweeping generalization about an entire group based on one person. It'd be just like me calling you and anyone who likes Halo 5 a shill because you like it. That's stupid....opinions are opinions.

The point is not to take over default H5...just to make some quality settings for people like us who want to enjoy what we think is a true Halo experience, and then refine it so we may try to get it in as its own playlist in MM.

And AGAIN you make a generalization at the end of your post saying "you all respond to with hatred" posts that are reasonable.

Like, who? One person? Maybe two or three? And then casually ignoring literally EVERYBODY ELSE who does not mind people liking this game? You're pulling a Frank O'Connor here.

tl;dr I respect you liking H5, just stop generalizing this group based on somebody making a dumb comment

Yeah you obviously didn't see what happened lol. No, it started because people in the HCS thread started calling people H2 Kids and saying shit like none of them even know how to play the game, etc. The typical droll statements. You then proceeded to read the after-effect, which is what you just stated.

And the second post is in response to Kill, I'm aware, but don't tell someone to kiss someone's ass about it, this goes back to how this shit started to begin with. Don't be a pretentious asshole to get your point across.

This thread is all but pretentious assholes  :wutface:

Main point is, knock yourselves out with all the settings you want. That's amazing and what the options are there for. Just very ridiculous when you start jumping someone for saying the truth that they won't be used for the HCS no matter what type of settings are produced.

This thread is all but pretentious assholes  :wutface:

Main point is, knock yourselves out with all the settings you want. That's amazing and what the options are there for. Just very ridiculous when you start jumping someone for saying the truth that they won't be used for the HCS no matter what type of settings are produced.

Dude.. Haha. This is what happened in the HCS thread towards everyone about the Classic settings. No one in here started jumping on them, they (HCS posters) started jumping on those who were talking about classic settings. Hence my post from a couple pages ago:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-5060?do=findComment&comment=805130

That's what I was talking about in my long post a couple posts before that one. ^ Everyone in this community needs to stop with the hypocrisy.

they were replying to me

1. "outside of big events smash viewership isn't great"

2. "the big events do great!"

3. -current twitch stats-

4. "the viewership is great!"

hbox has 151 viewers right now and ninja has 1.6k (to be fair ninja is playing h1z1 atm but his halo viewership is 1k+ eZ)

please reread the first half of my post and then refer to where i just listed the current twitch viewership

i'll be back later if you guys decide to actually read my posts, we shall see

here are some facts (opinions)

no radar competitive halo 5 is never going to happen

no sprint competitive halo 5 is never going to happen

im saying they never replied to you in terms of casual twitch viewership.  all the replies to you in terms of smash have been about the competitive scene specifically tournaments.  

i know you tried to switch the discussion towards personal twitch viewers.  but the point is the basis of their argument is wanting the halo competitive scene to  be like the competitive smash scene. 

and its a fact that even non evo LANS have done way better than halo 5.  halo 5 needed summit, just to get close to 100k viewers for the biggest console prized tournament ever.  

halo is being inflated with money without building up the competitive community first. 

smash has no where near the developer support of halo 5, yet because of the strong community, still destroys halo in terms of competitive viewership and participation.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

Dude.. Haha. This is what happened in the HCS thread towards everyone about the Classic settings. No one in here started jumping on them, they (HCS posters) started jumping on those who were talking about classic settings. Hence my post from a couple pages ago:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-5060?do=findComment&comment=805130

I fully understand that. I went through that thread. I don't really care about that as it isn't a big deal. We all know that the settings for competitive Halo are going to be what the dev wants them to be. It just seems crazy to get bent out of shape over that inevitable truth.

Again, fully support whomever making whatever type of settings they enjoy, just don't expect much more than customs to come from it. A shame we won't have that variety, but it is what it is.

I'm gone for a day and people start arguing over Old School?

The reason for the creation of that set of gametypes was to infuse a bit of old and new into a refined smooth experience. It's the culmination of a brit and a scot who didn't like getting Spartan Charged and decided "Hey! We should make some nice settings for anyone and everyone to play!"

I've already explained that they wanted to make this not only for people to enjoy, but to eventually show to 343 when said studio decides to pull out a "classic" playlist. These settings would be perfect.

I can understand you guys wanting to make several variants of this for your own taste of Halo, whether it be 4sk Magnums or Light Rifle starts. But the one thing I would really like to see is everyone focusing on the Old School settings and just commercializing it. Show it all over the place to grab not only 343's attention, but the rest of the community.

Please don't argue with one another about this. It won't benefit anyone.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i think mikwen tried to really advocate no radar but after private talks with 343 employees basically said in the HCS thread once that he doesn't think its going to happen. But I do agree it might help 

the issue, as I recall, was that a slight majority of pros (60%?) preferred radar, I know that most/all CLG members are openly pro-radar

In all honesty... After reading all this crap today, I think I'm probably just going to take a break from Team Beyond for a while. Everyone who knows me (IRL/XBL), knows I love everybody. But this whole "Thread vs Thread" nonsense that has been happening lately is just stupid. Makes me not even want to be a part of this community anymore to be honest. Everyone is becoming an egotist and it's saddening. Especially since I'm friends with pretty much everyone I've ever had the pleasure of talking to on here. I honestly wish this community was like the Smash community at times; everyone is so much friendlier and accepting of everyone. Especially if you're a local and never played before. They just want you to come out, play and have fun. Doesn't matter if you're a top 5 player, or a noob who played Smash twice when they were 10 years old.

What do we do? "SHUT UP KID GO PLAY MCC IF YOU WANT OLD HALO. ADAPT OR GTFO"... :huh: And this is stuff not even be replied to me personally, it's just how I keep seeing you guys treat each other.

I really want to keep helping push this stuff for the sake of people who may not like Default Halo 5 the way others do, but honestly, if it's going to be like this, I don't even want to be involved with either of these two threads anymore. Might just hang out in OT from now on.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The Light Rifle by itself (other precision weapons become OP) is still the same.

Your point still stands though.

In all honesty... After reading all this crap today, I think I'm probably just going to take a break from Team Beyond for a while. Everyone who knows me (IRL/XBL), knows I love everybody. But this whole "Thread vs Thread" nonsense that has been happening lately is just stupid. Makes me not even want to be a part of this community anymore to be honest. Everyone is becoming an egotist and it's saddening. Especially since I'm friends with pretty much everyone I've ever had the pleasure of talking to on here. I honestly wish this community was like the Smash community at times; everyone is so much friendlier and accepting of everyone. Especially if you're a local and never played before. They just want you to come out, play and have fun. 

What do we do? "SHUT UP KID GO PLAY MCC IF YOU WANT OLD HALO. ADAPT OR GTFO"... :huh: And this is stuff not even be replied to me personally, it's just how I keep seeing you guys treat each other.

I really want to keep helping push this stuff, but honestly, if it's going to be like this, I don't even want to be involved with either of these two threads anymore. Might just hang out in OT from now on.

I like the smash community at times but I think its a bit glorified here lol.

When top players are comparing themself to MJ and Kobe and saying they dont want to play casuals with other players, when Melee literally boos smash 4 off the stage in their award ceremony, when they cant even accept different games off their OWN series there is an issue

There was that attempt of Smash united or w/e it was called but that died off so quick. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Light Rifle by itself (other precision weapons become OP) is still the same.

Your point still stands though.

Did you actually try any Carbines on maps?

In all honesty... After reading all this crap today, I think I'm probably just going to take a break from Team Beyond for a while. Everyone who knows me (IRL/XBL), knows I love everybody. But this whole "Thread vs Thread" nonsense that has been happening lately is just stupid. Makes me not even want to be a part of this community anymore to be honest. Everyone is becoming an egotist and it's saddening. Especially since I'm friends with pretty much everyone I've ever had the pleasure of talking to on here. I honestly wish this community was like the Smash community at times; everyone is so much friendlier and accepting of everyone. Especially if you're a local and never played before. They just want you to come out, play and have fun. Doesn't matter if you're a top 5 player, or a noob who played Smash twice when they were 10 years old.

What do we do? "SHUT UP KID GO PLAY MCC IF YOU WANT OLD HALO. ADAPT OR GTFO"... :huh: And this is stuff not even be replied to me personally, it's just how I keep seeing you guys treat each other.

I really want to keep helping push this stuff for the sake of people who may not like Default Halo 5 the way others do, but honestly, if it's going to be like this, I don't even want to be involved with either of these two threads anymore. Might just hang out in OT from now on.

Well man we do have the classic settings thread.

But yeah these arguments are getting tiring.

Can't wait until halo 6 comes out and we finally hear how terrible h5 was. This happens again and again, every time for around a decade now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I like the smash community at times but I think its a bit glorified here lol.

When top players are comparing themself to MJ and Kobe and saying they dont want to play casuals with other players, when Melee literally boos smash 4 off the stage in their award ceremony, when they cant even accept different games off their OWN series there is an issue

There was that attempt of Smash united or w/e it was called but that died off so quick. 

The thing is, it's not though. You're basing an entire community off a few individuals, considering Smash 4 got more entrants than Melee, and MANY of those were duplicate entries, you can't blame the entire community. And that's what I'm talking about, people generalize way too much instead of formulating their thoughts based on their own opinion.

personally just found out about a Smash community near where I live. Now mind you I just moved to Florida from Illinois, so being able to come out here and immediately get this type of welcome: (For context, this was a post on an event page for a Smash Melee/4/64 Weekly that goes on out here)

-img-

Not to mention when I actually met these people and EVERYONE I met was super chill, played matches with me, we conversed, and everything was great.

One of the guys out here actually placed Top 32 at EVO for Melee. But like I said, you can't generalize an entire community off a few bad apples, but I will never seem to be able to get that point across to you guys.

Can't wait until halo 6 comes out and we finally hear how terrible h5 was. This happens again and again, every time for around a decade now.

uhh I think its the opposite lol.

H1-H2. Wow H2 is trash

H2-H3. Wow H2 is so good, h3 is trash

H3-Reach. Wow Reach is trash, i miss h3

Reach- H4. Wow H4 is trash, i miss Reach

etc etc

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you actually try any Carbines on maps?

The Carbine becomes a 6sk instead of 7sk.

BR becomes a dreadful 3sk instead of 4sk.

DMR becomes a 4sk instead of 5sk.

LR is the same. Even still 4 bodyshots in scope. 4sk hipfire, 3sk scoped. I forgot to test hipfire bodyshots but they are either the same or 1 more shot because of increased health.

Ask me more lol. If I don't already know, I will find out quick.