CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I forgot that you also say that you don't like older Halos so obviously you aren't gonna like this. If you hate the settings so much why the fuck did you join the discord?

I don't like H3 (I like H2 FFAs) and I don't like h4. I enjoy Reach ZBNS and H1 though

I joined to try the settings and discuss it a little, then later on decided i dont like the settings which is why I left lol

Edit: I also tried advocating 4sk since in those settings 4sk could actually be pretty cool

I forgot that you also say that you don't like older Halos so obviously you aren't gonna like this. If you hate the settings so much why the fuck did you join the discord?

Dude, you really need to Chill Out

You're missing my point. I'm saying that HCS wont pick up these settings, 343 is trying to promote their game that they made and want an accurate representation of that. Whether or not the public would still watch with Sprint/Radar is a completely different discussion. The reality though is that H5 is an esports game and that 343i wants their game to be shown accurately to the public. They're not going to use these community gametypes. Whether or not 343 is right on that regard is again, a different discussion. I'm just saying 343i wont pick it up

I'm saying sprint removed from halo period. They could definitely remove radar and strong autos and have a stronger pistol with reduced magnetism though. That would not affect the perception of the game.

And I agree with you that 343s direct involvement in the Esports scene is killing halo's potential. In the old days MLG would use the settings being discussed right now and have a far superior game to be watched.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't like H3 (I like H2 FFAs) and I don't like h4. I enjoy Reach ZBNS and H1 though

I joined to try the settings and discuss it a little, then later on decided i dont like the settings which is why I left lol

Enjoy default then.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Lol "we have no influence over settings" get the fuck out of here.

^remember when i said the truth hurts? lul

people have been bitching about sprint for YEARS, and guess what? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

how nicely does 343 have to tell you to fuck off about settings before you understand that it's not gonna happen, pick a better battle, or don't idc

.... It's a 15 year old offline game. I think averaging over 50k viewers and peaking over 200k is pretty goddamn decent lol.

200k at the biggest fgc event ever though (not saying that's bad by any means, and there weren't 200k people there JUST to watch smash)

50k is good but halo lans are close to that and our game is "bottom of the barrel" 

but like i said "outside of big events smash viewership isn't all that great"

as of right now

Halo 5: 768 viewers

sm4sh: 451

melee: 238

:thinking:

Have you seen the Halo 5 community? We can't shit talk anyone when we are at the bottom of the barrel begging for views.

we aren't though lol

halo 5 viewership is decent as fuck, despite the narrative otherwise

people who are still doom and gloom about the state of competitive halo generally are uninformed as fuck

look how mad you settings discussion people are

Who cares? Do you play for the money or do you play because you love the game? 

Just look at the entrants: 

d3c8cff733a046f6b81b53a027280f38.png

i watch the game because i love halo and i want to see the scene grow as big as possible

i play pc games 99.9% of the time

if a halo event had 2.3k entrants you damn sure better believe the stakes would be higher than a pitiful 23k

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

people have been bitching about sprint for YEARS, and guess what? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

how nicely does 343 have to tell you to fuck off about settings before you understand that it's not gonna happen, pick a better battle, or don't idc

200k at the biggest fgc event ever though (not saying that's bad by any means)

50k is good but halo lans are close to that and our game is "bottom of the barrel"

as of right now

we aren't though lol

people who are still doom and gloom about the state of competitive halo generally are uninformed as fuck

i watch the game because i love halo and i want to see the scene grow as big as possible

if a halo event had 2.3k entrants you damn sure better believe the stakes would be higher than a pitiful 23k

LMAO your opinion isn't the truth. I know you'd love to think otherwise though. And H5 viewership is decent? In relation to what? Competitive Kirby Air Ride? You know how you said truth hurts? Well H5 viewership is some of the worst out of any e-sport. We just had a pro league, care to look at the views that pulled? We ha large viewership for a $1 million tourney. Congrats H5 is flourishing.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

200k at the biggest fgc event ever though (not saying that's bad by any means, and there weren't 200k people there JUST to watch smash)

as of right now

we aren't though lol

And if smash had a 2 million dollar tournament the entrants would have skyrocketed. 

Competitive Kirby Air Ride? 

lmao

10/10

• Upvote (+1) 1

as of right now

we aren't though lol

to be fair they are talking about viewership in regards to tournaments.  and while both smash games have low non event viewership on twitch, their compeittive events do much better than halo.  i think smash on the youtube side is bigger than halo too.  

I'm saying sprint removed from halo period. They could definitely remove radar and strong autos and have a stronger pistol with reduced magnetism though. That would not affect the perception of the game.

And I agree with you that 343s direct involvement in the Esports scene is killing halo's potential. In the old days MLG would use the settings being discussed right now and have a far superior game to be watched.

Yea if they removed sprint from halo completely, I'd be fine with it. Up the speed and make the strafe better and  :walshy:

Ideally, "my" Halo 6 would be no Sprint (or if they want sprint, keep gun up 100%), keep Thrust but make it not rechargeable but have Thrust fuel (similar to H1/Reach Health packs), make Thrust be able to "shimmy" out of melees once Lunge starts, make the pistol slightly stronger and no radar. Also keep slide so Thrust slide/Bum jump/Bump Thrust are still a thing. A few other changes like make weapons have less magnetism like you said as well. But 343, like you said has their own development ideas on what they want.

We're probably not getting "our" Halo.  h6 development started long ago. I already understand Halos development, I enjoy h5 and I think its one of my favorite Halos but Halo overall as a console FPS is really not that great competitively. Its been an issue since h2 where the game becomes a game of execution which i dont like. Which is why I moved onto other Competitive gaming scenes where I think the game is much more thought provoking. if you don't like where the state is of Halo, pick a new series. Competitive gaming is actually on a boom recently, there's something for everyone long as you have some sense of an open mind about it. 

Sorry went a bit OT lol

i mean outside of big events smash viewership isn't all that great, i think you guys over estimate the size of the smash community

Smash viewership is far higher than Halo's, especially Smash 4 if you've been paying attention to the recent tournaments.

You know what makes me happy about the games last night? I may have had the most shitty KD ratio, but I had the most objective scores on my team, both CTF matches I got two flag scores each, oddball round I got 72 points of 150, and I got the first bomb explosion in Assault. #HelpfulAtLeast.

I liked that nobody was going super hard or taking it too seriously. Everyone was just chilling having fun.

I went hard the first game and went like 20-4 or something in slayer so I toned it down a notch when I noticed how chilled out everyone was.

to be fair they are talking about viewership in regards to tournaments.

they were replying to me

1. "outside of big events smash viewership isn't great"

2. "the big events do great!"

3. -current twitch stats-

4. "the viewership is great!"

hbox has 151 viewers right now and ninja has 1.6k (to be fair ninja is playing h1z1 atm but his halo viewership is 1k+ eZ)

Smash viewership is far higher than Halo's, especially Smash 4 if you've been paying attention to the recent tournaments.

please reread the first half of my post and then refer to where i just listed the current twitch viewership

i'll be back later if you guys decide to actually read my posts, we shall see

here are some facts (opinions)

no radar competitive halo 5 is never going to happen

no sprint competitive halo 5 is never going to happen

HCS thread is a joke guys. I even had my post deleted for saying radar and autos are bad for HCS. It's sad that Beyond is the largest hub for competitive Halo yet maybe only 10% of us truly care about the competitive integrity of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

tno radar competitive halo 5 is never going to happen

no sprint competitive halo 5 is never going to happen

no sprint will never happen, there are just too many clear statements on this topic by Josh Holmes et al. ... no radar actually might happen, 343 staff seem a bit more persuadable on that one.  if 90% of pros opposed it (like Breakout), consistently, then I think there's a reasonable chance that radar would be removed

• Upvote (+1) 1

no sprint will never happen, there are just too many clear statements on this topic by Josh Holmes et al. ... no radar actually might happen, 343 staff seem a bit more persuadable on that one.  if 90% of pros opposed it (like Breakout), consistently, then I think there's a reasonable chance that radar would be removed

i think mikwen tried to really advocate no radar but after private talks with 343 employees basically said in the HCS thread once that he doesn't think its going to happen. But I do agree it might help 

please reread the first half of my post and then refer to where i just listed the current twitch viewership

i'll be back later if you guys decide to actually read my posts, we shall see

Slow your roll for a second man, first and foremost, I always read every post thoroughly. I was in the barbershop about to get my haircut when I first started replying to the original post (the one I replied to) prior to you posting your subsequent post. I honestly didn't think it was that long nor did I think the Smash conversation was going to continue from that point. And yes, they're behind now, but if Mango and Leffen decided to hop on at this very moment, you can almost assuredly bet there will be more viewers than Halo. But I'm not talking about outside of tournaments, I'm talking about tournaments themselves. Smash Summit, WTFox, EVO, Genesis all get way higher viewership than Halo, (was my point).

And I don't know how you can say no radar isn't going to happen.. It can assuredly happen lol.

So, why is the group playing, "classic settings," getting buttmad? What are you trying to accomplish? If you're trying to shit the entire setting or competitive play of H5 to those settings, then you're not going to be very happy. If you're trying to develop settings to play in customs to fulfill some personal enjoyment, then that's great. I don't see what the hubbub is about.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Still can't believe people put up with radar for competitive and have the nerve to call foul with the br. Just admit money is the only thing keeping hcs alive so we can go on about our day.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Played Halo 5 the other day and it felt pretty good. Props to 343 for making this decent game, its fun and competitive.

There's so much more complexity its a bit taxing in my opinion, bigger maps, more detailed maps, more versatility, more weapons, more players (game moved to 4v4, 6v6 and beyond), and, most importantly, more controls: sprint, thrust, clamber, plus all other "new innovative features". People's brains haven't changed in 10 years since Halo 1 or 2. If that's what the players nowadays want great, not sure if the numbers support it in terms of longevity. Cod is succesful because its easy after all.

Looking forward to Halo 6, will buy the game.

Oh, it's taxing alright... In fact it's so complex at times that you want to stop playing.

So, why is the group playing, "classic settings," getting buttmad? What are you trying to accomplish? If you're trying to shit the entire setting or competitive play of H5 to those settings, then you're not going to be very happy. If you're trying to develop settings to play in customs to fulfill some personal enjoyment, then that's great. I don't see what the hubbub is about.

Who's getting buttmad? In case you didn't see how this started, everyone in the HCS thread started completely bashing people who were just talking about it. That's what the hubbub is about lol, people flaming each other over "mY seTTing5 r b3ttr"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well I'm glad you decided to lump all us together like that, solid point
  • Upvote (+1) 2