CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Looking at Bungie's track record and their conistency of making Halo less competetive with every iteration (you can even make the argument that Destiny PvP is Reach 2), I'm not going to lose sleep knowing that Bungie will never touch Halo again.

Also, I'm starting to like Empire, more-so than Truth. The sight lines at outside middle (the round area) needs to be fixed though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 shot kill pistol in H5, I don't think that would be a good idea

Why not? It's ROF right now is too fast, and it needs more shots in the magazine. It still wouldn't be at a CE level; that was .6 seconds. As it is right now, either AR needs a huge nerf, or Magnum needs a buff. Buffs are usually better than nerfs.

Is this game broken for anyone else?

Is this game a beta for anyone else?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the -idea- of sprint as a movement tool, but in application it turns into an escape tool more often than not. 

It feels a whole lot better in this game than it did in HR or H4, but still leaning more towards a NO on it. (But it won't be removed so just add some heavier nerfs to it, that would suffice.)

I'm not really sold on thrust pack either, but one thing that bugs me about this game is that all these new features just feel like too much complication. Ground pound, slide, ect, ect. very Destiny IMO, I hated striker titans and slide shotty's so these don't seem very appealing either.

I thought we agreed as a community that we wanted Halo to have less of this and not more. =/

Am I the only who likes the AR?

I can't stand being far away from someone and im killing them with a BR an they still kill me with an AR. It is to powerful, I don't even see people using the BR as much.

I think it is really balanced, but I hate the DMR.

Why? Smart-scope? Same kill time as BR, but less aim assist I think. 

I'll believe flinch will be removed when MCC is on dedicated servers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think it is really balanced, but I hate the DMR.

I just really don't like its scope. I'm not sure where the DMR fits in on maps like Truth and Empire when the BR can do pretty much the same thing but easier.

Am I the only who likes the AR?

I like it, but I think it needs a bit of tuning especially in relation to the pistol and its ease of use. It needs to be a bit harder to aim mostly imo and shouldn't be as good at medium ranges when unscoped (at full bloom it still seem remarkably reliable which I dislike).

Played for about 5 hours before I had to go to work and here are my specific thoughts, before my general statement on the game.

• Sprint absolutely has to go. It has been stated over and over how much sprint ruins halo from maps, to spawns, to map control. It makes the game feel sloppy and reckless. It is still a huge get out of jail free card even with their attempt at "balancing" it. The delayed shield recharge rate is worthless. There is no option, for the game to be even reasonably competitive, sprint has to go.
  • Clamber felt better than I expected, although I'm still not a huge fan. I there should be a small window that you need to press the button to clamber rather than just holding it down in order to introduce some albeit very minor skill to it.
  • Thruster is actually really good in my honest opinion and that's not something I expected. I do think the cooldown time on it needs to be increased and that you should still be able to shoot while thrusting. I actually think shooting while thrusting is one of the biggest things we should push for.
  • Stabilizers are another thing that need to go. They take a lot of skill out of the game. Don't know how much else I can say about this.
  • ADS. Yes it's ADS. Bring back the original way of scoping. If you want to keep this smart scope bull shit, then keep it on the automatic weapons and put the classic scope back in for the dmr, br, and sniper. Too much of the screen is taken up by the gun and it takes too long to scope in.
  • Maps felt like garbage to me, but that could be due to sprint and it also takes more than a few hours to really get a good feel for maps, so my opinion on it right now is not concrete however I know for a fact they would play a lot better with sprint gone.
  • They need to decrease the time it takes to switch weapons. If you no scope someone in the body at the beginning of a fight, you are typically dead before you can even fire a shot from your backup because it takes too long to switch.
  • Ground pound is stupid, and thats about all there is to say about it. It's not something that will ever be used in good games, and its just a worthless ploy that takes gandhi hopping out of the game. WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CROUCH JUMP WITHOUT TURNING INTO A SHINING STAR.
  • Charge/Slide- I never used it or saw it used in 4+ hours of playing.

Overall the game does not feel anything like halo as is. The AR is way way too powerful, sprint again makes the game feel like an absolute mess with no flow or control. Do I think inside this jumbled mess that is the Halo 5 beta that there is a good game, yes, I actually think there is. However, for that to be a possibility the first and only thing on everyones mind should be getting sprint removed. It utterly destroys everything about halo. If 343 was smart or would ever actually listen to the community they would add a week of beta without sprint and hear how much people will prefer it. I honestly don't care about any of the other things in the game right now that I dislike. With sprint, this game is terrible. Without sprint, there is a lot of potential. Most people will probably enjoy it for a while because it has the new game feel right now, but it won't last. Just to say one more time, 343 if you have any desire for this game to have any longevity, REMOVE SPRINT NOW.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I hate this. Don't know what else to say about it.

Gonna try and give it a chance but outside of the low auto aim this game rubs me the wrong way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like the slight recoil on the Magnum but at the same time I don't... it seems to be the reason why aiming down when shooting is so difficult. Could be wrong, but that definitely needs fixing.

Pistol feels GREAT besides that aiming issue... it's my go-to weapon off-spawn until I pick up something else.

Soooo how is sprint supposed to increase the pace of the game again?  I've gotten several games where either it doesn't finish or it burns all but 1 min and this is with people just running around the map with no strategy, simply just trying to find ppl .

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why? Smart-scope? Same kill time as BR, but less aim assist I think. 

Smart Scope is unattractive, maps are huge so it just dominates long range, RRR is a bit too big, and I feel like it clashes with the BR in the sandbox.

If Sprint has to stay in and the maps have to stay so large, then I feel like RRR's should be adjusted more accordingly.

The rest of the thread has lots of likes on posts that are against the "CoD" features though. Interesting.

true I like that even the people on waypoint see that h5's gameplay is fading away from the original halo gameplay

The evidence strongly suggests that they want to cater to the competitive community. It also strongly suggests that they are in over their heads with halo.

Are you understanding the part where you have to explain reasoning behind assertion? 

This game isn't good but I not getting bored playing it.

Must be the ranking system.

It is. The ranking system is getting me hooked on this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, after 21 games I've decided that I do not like Call of Destiny. This will be the first "Halo" I will not be purchasing. I waited to play it before "bashing" it into oblivion, and I think its pure mediocrity. As for E-sports, I also feel this game is very casual, I'm not seeing the potential at all. As much as it feels like Destiny in a lot of ways, I'd say this is a very obvious sequel to H4 -- how does this happen after everything that was, H4? The sad part is, is that even if H5 does do bad, I can only see them digging Halo's grave even deeper with H6. 

Off topic: I really hope Black Tusks studios isn't another 343. 

It is. The ranking system is getting me hooked on this game.

How so? It seems way too easy.

• Upvote (+1) 5