CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So the TB spartan company has had 91 members since June ... 

fix ur company @@Infinity

Halo Legends was made in like 2009. Dunno why everyone is saying "this is what Halo is now" , no, this is what Halo was in 2009 lol we just all ignored it because there was good lore back then being made concurrently 

also I'm not even sure if Halo Legends is canon

As per the new community update.

For a sec I thought this implied custom games browser. :(

Halo Legends was made in like 2009. Dunno why everyone is saying "this is what Halo is now" , no, this is what Halo was in 2009 lol we just all ignored it because there was good lore back then being made concurrently

also I'm not even sure if Halo Legends is canon

For a sec I thought this implied custom games browser. :(

Says it's 2010 and after when 343 took over. And it was made by our current franchise creative director.

Just saying it wasn't a good start and it hasn't improved.

Also yes it is canon.

Good lore is debatable, some of the shit really jumped the shark in the Greg Bear novels (even though secretly I love them for some reason; maybe because Bear's style is so good that it made me overlook some of the whackier shit going on that wasn't grounded and didn't really make sense).

• Upvote (+1) 1

some cool weapon skin concepts

Some of those are okay.

Others suffer from the same problems 343i skins do.  Like c'mon, a rainbow?

Some of those are okay.

Others suffer from the same problems 343i skins do.  Like c'mon, a rainbow?

The more outlandish or distinct a skin is, typically, the more appealing it becomes. I think Valve made mention of the phenomena in some type of "the making of" for the skin market in CS:GO.

Well, I'm back to my monthly aiming issues. Every single month I go from aiming better than I ever have before, to not being able to hit a damn thing. I don't get why this game has to have such a weird aiming system. Literally the only game that I have ever played where I mess with the sensitivity after day 1.

Have you tried pressing start? :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

The more outlandish or distinct a skin is, typically, the more appealing it becomes. I think Valve made mention of the phenomena in some type of "the making of" for the skin market in CS:GO.

Shrug.

I guess I'm the only one who likes grounded and serious designs that actually fit the feel of the game they're in.  Not so uninteresting and boring in that they're just camouflage patterns, but definitely not super vibrant and outlandish either.

Well, scratch that.  They can be outlandish if they're outlandish in the right way.

It's very distinct to say the least, yet its also sophisticated and believable within the universe.

Skins like this aren't necessarily bad in themselves, would actually be pretty good for a dystopian sci-fi game, but it looks completely out of place in CSGO.

This is not only entirely out of place but it just reeks of internet meme-culture cringe as well.  It's just straight up fucking bad on every level.

Obviously I only speak for myself but that's how I feel about skins.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just throwing this out there, Hyena released a pretty lengthy Q&A, he does talk about Halo 5 a bit, it's definitely worth a listen IMO.

On the topic of weapon skins, I would like to see some animated ones in the future.

On THAT topic, I'd like to see more in depth weapon customization in regards to skins. Something like Black Ops 3's paintshop if I were to be honest. I enjoy most of the skins we have, but to be absolutely honest, I find it kinda sad that there're multiple skins that're "wasted", because I absolutely hate the coloration on them, or their pattern (Fade, Spiral, Ruptive to a point). One could completely stop this by just having fully editable weapon colors and the like. Maybe have skins act as pattern sets you can obtain, over static skins, and then have a primary, secondary, and tertiary color selection, much like an emblem. Maybe even a level of shine, or grime, like Forge objects. If I could do that, then I'd be able use and enjoy Fade, and the others a lot more, as I can alter what I dislike about them and make them visually pleasing. Would also add much more personality to your weapon, and unlike, say, armor, the effect and customization you've chosen WOULD be seen. This could also tie in with animated skins, much like animated emblems now. Could create some really funky color sets.

I dunno, spitballing, but the recent weapon skin image and this just make me yearn for a system like this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm currently going through some of the star wars celebration stuff and about 22 min. into THIS video the guy says something, that just as well could have been said about Halo: „The limitation that were givien actually improved the look of the films

the entire video is great btw (at least as far as I'm am right now)! it shows with how much love, passion and respect for the original movies the creative team behind the new star wars movie worked during the design processes for for Rogue One! I wish 343 would show as much respect for Bungies work...

Damn you. I refuse to get into that!

Once you start you can't stop.

I also have the bad habit of going to the dashboard and back in game all the time now.

I swear it's the key to perfect city though lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/My%20namez%20BEAST/screenshot/4528346

The lowest rank in the lobby (besides me) was Onyx 2100.

I'm Onyx 1500. Can I at least match people that are a lower rank than me once? It's kinda stupid that I'm the lowest rank in almost every lobby I join, which means everyone on the enemy team gets to play someone of a lower rank, while I'm stuck doing this. I have played 17 games this season. I. Don't. Want. To. Match. Champions.

Either it's low population or bad ranking, you choose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/My%20namez%20BEAST/screenshot/4528346

The lowest rank in the lobby (besides me) was Onyx 2100.

I'm Onyx 1500. Can I at least match people that are a lower rank than me once? It's kinda stupid that I'm the lowest rank in almost every lobby I join, which means everyone on the enemy team gets to play someone of a lower rank, while I'm stuck doing this. I have played 17 games this season. I. Don't. Want. To. Match. Champions.

Either it's low population or bad ranking, you choose.

It isn't either of those, really. The two month season has inflated players' CSR from the amount of games they've played. 343's handling of the seasons have been a mess so far. The MMR doesn't reset when the visible ranks do, and the amount of CSR gained/lost from games is out of whack when related to season length. Combine that with players using smurf accounts to boost their CSR and the numbers are everywhere.

I guess all of that could actually be classified as poor ranking.

It isn't either of those, really. The two month season has inflated players' CSR from the amount of games they've played. 343's handling of the seasons have been a mess so far. The MMR doesn't reset when the visible ranks do, and the amount of CSR gained/lost from games is out of whack when related to season length. Combine that with players using smurf accounts to boost their CSR and the numbers are everywhere.

I guess all of that could actually be classified as poor ranking.

Yea lol I classify that as poor ranking. Although, this has been happening to me for a while, and I actually match lower ranked players more when I search in a party since my friends are gold-diamond. But when I search solo it's always like this even though I have never broken 1700. Do things like BTB add into your MMR? Because all I do is play "social" and I absolutely go off.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yea lol I classify that as poor ranking. Although, this has been happening to me for a while, and I actually match lower ranked players more when I search in a party since my friends are gold-diamond. But when I search solo it's always like this even though I have never broken 1700. Do things like BTB add into your MMR? Because all I do is play "social" and I absolutely go off.

I honestly haven't a clue. It's hard telling how it all works in terms of unranked modes carrying over as there has never been any word on it. Best I can tell is that it tries to balance out rankings based on who you're in a party with. I noticed when I run into smurfers that are platinum/diamond partied up with Onyx that my team is composed of a mixture of those rankings.