CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's your time to shine @@Moa.

?

EDIT: Page 5000, woo.

LOL, nice excuse. No matter how you paint it, Halo 4 and 5 don't come anywhere close in terms of population to Halo 3. Even Reach was far more popular.

And y'all wonder why you don't get the information. Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would just like to welcome you back and we'll hope to see you again in about 4 months because of some people's toxicity ITT.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

See the last four comments before mine.

Meh. I'm just here to share stuff these days. The whole population debate is a waste of time to me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Im really glad FF is in the game, even if it does feel like the entire team has to spawn REQs to actually win. Gives me something to do in Halo 5 without getting pissed about people crouching in corners with storm rifles.

Pretty sure you can pull them in the public API. We don't display in game because people tend to focus on them too much and it can impact player behavior as a result. Also, the methodology isn't consistent game to game so it leads to inaccurate comparisons. Even trying to compare XBL position is pretty meaningless because player distribution over time has changed so much. The main thing is, are people playing and are they having fun? How do we impact those things to ensure that we provide the best play experience for the most people? That's our goal.

Anyhoo, my flight is taking off. TTYL!

I MUST KNOWWWWWW

144Hz OPTION FOR HALO 5 ON WINDOWS 10???

FOV SLIDER IN HALO 5 ON WINDOWS 10????? PLEASE AT LEAST GO UP TO 90! 100 WOULD BE BAE <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

GkzO7ro.gif

literally my reaction, how come no one has tried this? assuming this is in fact the case, he did say he was "pretty sure", so i wont get too bent out of shape over it if its not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would just like to welcome you back and we'll hope to see you again in about 4 months because of some people's toxicity ITT.

Lol yea blame the victim that's good. It's the Internet there are always going to be toxic people. All he has to do is literally scroll past them. Not a valid reason to only show up before the game launched just to leave after everyone bought the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

The mods see the real page count, we probably hit 5000 like a month ago.

The mods see the real page count, we probably hit 5000 like a month ago.

We're the 89%.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty sure you can pull them in the public API. We don't display in game because people tend to focus on them too much and it can impact player behavior as a result. Also, the methodology isn't consistent game to game so it leads to inaccurate comparisons. Even trying to compare XBL position is pretty meaningless because player distribution over time has changed so much. The main thing is, are people playing and are they having fun? How do we impact those things to ensure that we provide the best play experience for the most people? That's our goal.

Anyhoo, my flight is taking off. TTYL!

How does an overall (not playlist) counter affect player behavior?

As for the methodology, why don't you just use the same methodology as Halo 3 or Reach to make direct comparisons? What is stopping you from releasing datasets under multiple methodologies, actually?

When you land can we talk about party restrictions? That's kinda the biggest thing we've been asking to talk about since before launch. Even pro players are complaining.

It's definitely not working as well as we would like and it's something we know we need to keep working on. It's just not as easy to solve from a technical & experiential perspective as you might assume. It's something we're committed to improving though.

Not a valid reason to only show up before the game launched just to leave after everyone bought the game.

I check Beyond weekly and post on here from time to time, as well as conversing via PMs. Last post was in late May. 

tumblr_mbdr8bV7gK1rvs979o1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

It's definitely not working as well as we would like and it's something we know we need to keep working on. It's just not as easy to solve from a technical & experiential perspective as you might assume. It's something we're committed to improving though.

I check Beyond weekly and post on here from time to time, as well as conversing via PMs. Last post was in late May.

tumblr_mbdr8bV7gK1rvs979o1_400.gif

If you are really looking into it than good job and thank you. I'm sure there is a lot more to it than I know about, but I just want some form of improvement as a player. It's my biggest gripe with the game.

As for the second quote I was just saying that using a few toxic members' posts as a reason for you to not go to the site is not a solid reason. I am not saying that you do or don't go on here. You say you are active so that is a good thing to hear.

• Upvote (+1) 5

How do you guys think a solo queue playlist would turn out? Team gametypes are dominated by parties and FFA is not the most fine tuned experience, I gather.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do you guys think a solo queue playlist would turn out? Team gametypes are dominated by parties and FFA is not the most fine tuned experience, I gather.

I would play it even if it only had ebough people to fill one lobby. When the game has no set team it's just so much more enjoyable to me.

Party Restrictions has to be a priority for next Halo, matching parties while solo isn't fun and destroys the ranking system, since a lot of players are high ranked only playing in parties.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Sal1ent Hey Josh, just wondering, has there been anything you learned from H5 you would like to change in H6? One of the main concern I have is H6 not having much contents at launch again like H5. I truly believe if you have a lot to offer at launch, it would be much more enjoyable game. Hope to hear your thoughts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H3's counter included every GT logged in on menu screens, including guests. H4 counted consoles (1 per each) in active MP sessions. Totally different data methodologies. But carry on...

Would you mind helping us out with the different pop counter systems across the games so we can get some real perspective for once, and so people stop chatting out their asses?