CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is it true that left triggers is to zoom in? If that's true, and there's no default Halo controller schemes. I'm going to be very upset. Like more so then being mad theres sprint and all that garbage in the game.

Yes. By default LT is scope. Which is dumb because 1) it's Halo, 2) It doesn't work the same as ADS: you get unscoped so you can't just hold it down like in CoD, and 3) it's counter intuitive when having to re-scope, resulting in deaths that shouldn't happen.

Is it true that left triggers is to zoom in? If that's true, and there's no default Halo controller schemes. I'm going to be very upset. Like more so then being mad theres sprint and all that garbage in the game.

By default its like that but like Recon and Bumper Jumper its on the right stick

So you get scoped out of all the guns except the sniper why? That's stupid. Literally no one liked flinching in Halo 4 so it needs to go. Sprint doesn't need to be in either, there's no point.

And I can't even play any more because every time I go into matchmaking it says there was a problem and kicks me out so I gave up.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I have no problem with the AR/SMG, I still take them out with a BR/DMR/Pistol.

So far I have 207 kills, 84 deaths, 74 Assists.

Games played 12, games won 11.

skill rating: Silver 2.

Not sure how this thing works but I think its lowish cos I've pretty much only against shitty people.

ADS needs to be adjusted a bit and Flinch needs to go but it's not that bad. Doesn't feel like a Halo game, but has a decent skill gap. Would it be better without sprint? Probably, but Sprint isn't going anywhere. I'm enjoying it. I can see it being a good competitive title

• Upvote (+1) 1

empire's shit 

sword sprint is the worst thing ever

AR starts still don't belong in Halo

moment i pick up a BR i enjoy myself so this game could be good. 

just hope there's an option to disable the vibration. i wont be playing much multiplayer if not. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so I cannot for the live of me figure out stablizers, do you have to go into the ground pound charge up and then shoot out of it? How does it work? I turned off the auto-stabilize btw 

the beep sounds when you're navigating the UI are really annoying. The one beep in particular sounds exactly like the last beep in the lobby countdown from the earlier halos and when I hear it I briefly panic because I think the game started without me voting and Im about to do plasma rifles on midship again

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

how is empire shit? 

I find it is great map for what Halo 4 is. It works really well with Clamber. Has a lot of flank routes, a lot of juke routes.

I can't really reply to people or play anymore tonight :'( internet is being shitty for whatever reason now. 

AR and SMGs make me want to rip out eyes everytime I get killed by them. They really need to be toned down. This game is really fun though. I don't care what anybody cares I could play this game for fun or competitively, whatever route it goes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because you've been winning lol

If you'd be losing you'd be bashing the hell out of the game

Na I'm not like that.

Just lost, was kinda upset cos 48 to 50.

fuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

All in all, I'm impressed with the game.

- I love the AR and SMG's new place in Halo, but I believe they need a slight nerf. In my opinion, a player with a BR should have no trouble in a mid range battle with an SMG/AR user.

- At this time, I think the BR is perfect.

- I like that the DMR now has a specific mid-long range role. However, I find the weapon to feel really awkward to use at close ranges. I think there should be more BRs and less DMRs on the map since the DMR basically fits a specific purpose now. I feel like i'm forced to use it in more situations than I'd like to because it's everywhere.

- Pistol feels right, but I find the ADS visuals for it to be obstructive

- I appreciate the effort to balance the sniper's crazy ease of use with a rate of fire nerf, but that's not how a Halo sniper is supposed to be. The new RoF forces the player with the sniper to camp, because they can hardly pull off quickscopes/noscopes seeing as by the time they shoot their second shot they'll be dead. Typically a Halo sniper moves around the map. Make it harder to use but with a faster rate of fire.

- Grenades are surprisingly not overpowered like they were for the last 3 Halo games! Keep them as they are!

- Pretty good job on map design compared to Halo 4 so far. Haven't gotten any weird spawns either yet.

- If you guys could continue to nerf sprint in any way you can, that'd be nice. Sprint combined with thruster = ridiculous escaping potential

- Spartan abilities feel balanced so far. Only complaint right now is that I keep accidentally entering groundpound mode.

played 5 games and i'm bored. 

will be back when there's more maps and BR starts. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

how is empire shit? 

I find it is great map for what Halo 4 is. It works really well with Clamber. Has a lot of flank routes, a lot of juke routes.

I can't really reply to people or play anymore tonight :'( internet is being shitty for whatever reason now. 

AR and SMGs make me want to rip out eyes everytime I get killed by them. They really need to be toned down. This game is really fun though. I don't care what anybody cares I could play this game for fun or competitively, whatever route it goes. 

it's anchor 9 without space. aimless gameplay with a lot of dumb corners and cluttered, elongated sightlines on top of being visually noisy.

maybe people would run around less with BRs though. 

9-1. Only game I lost was vs Ninja and he dropped 21 with a nice no scope on me. Evidently I'm semi-pro.

Updated List:

UI:
Spartan Animation Resets when changing primary/secondary color.
Going into visor then out puts you at the top of menu and not at visor.
Invite to party/game from friends list brings up list of friends to invite. Should just invite the friend already selected.
Should be able to change tertiary color as well (from black).
Royal Blue (xbox live blue theme color) should be added to color list.
Allow 3 or 4 characters for service tag and not just 4.
Under friend's service record, show the time played/games won/games played/medals earned under each individual gametype as well as the career overview.
Under friend's service record, also show the numeric value between their skill tiers.
When searching, show the playlist details on the left side, and show the players on the right side (like in Halo 1/2/3/ODST/Reach/MCC.
Add option to turn off vibration.
Backing out of a player's service record plays the halo 3 start game beep. Please change this to a different beep.
Can't back out of a party.
After game show experience gain followed by stats.

Gameplay:
Make scoping instant.
Allow scoping right after tapping switching weapons or picking up a weapon.
Only display the good medals during game, and show all medals in post game lobby.
AR range tone down.
Add friendly fire
Increase base movement speed to 120%
Remove flinch (KEEP DESCOPE)
Remove sprint
Remove Killcam and add an end round/game killcam
Remove death music
Allow back button or Y button for post game stats to show back up.
Show 10 game match history under service record with ranked points up/down to see Latest progress (see league of legends)
Press melee to cancel ground pound while in charge up mode.
Allow shooting while sprinting (if not removed)
Allow shooting while thrusting
Great job on reducing aim assist, but PLEASE tone down the magnetism. I know this is to make the game feel better online, but it is WAY too much right now.
Can't see who has left the game vs who is just dead.
Add in the Halo 2 Anniversary weapon is spawned/isn't spawned white circle.
Remove blue tint from Sniper scope.
Scope in instant on sniper. Scope in faster from 4x to 10x as well.
Dying through walls a lot. Shows it in game and in killcam. (AR and DMR so far)
Team of 4s match against solo players. It should always ALWAYS be team of 4 vs team of 4.
Remove headshot damage from auto weapons. The only time a headshot should matter is with sniper or after shields are down for the kill (bleedthrough counts).

Maps:
Maps are too metallic/shiny.
The lighting and colors aren't colorful enough. In Halo 1/2/3 I can instantly spot out a player on a map. They blend in too well on these maps. Look at Halo 3 Pit. Literally go pull up a picture. Look at the contrast of the light colored yellow/green/grey. That's perfect.
The two "small maps" are medium-large (remove sprint, nobody wants it).

• Upvote (+1) 1