Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Every gametype have a loadout but do it like Reach an just have like this in H5

BR

Pistol

2frags

AR

Pistol

2frags

Simple and never hath to deal with TS and Team Brs problem ever again.

As for Sprint an descoping I hope all that that is gone.

An I hope they fix every single gametype they broke.

I second this. I don't want Loadouts, Starting AA's or more than two primary rifle selections.

Team Slayer:

Loadout 1: BR

Loadout 2: AR

Team Slayer Pro

BR No Radar

and that's it.

I don't see it being removed either. It's like that guy who comes to your door trying to get you to buy something. We opened the door for him in Halo 4 and I have a bad feeling he will invite himself in for Halo 5.

Hence the "fuck off" personification but I guess thats that.jpg

If someone comes to my door trying to sell me something, the first time I'll say no thanks. The second time, I'm not opening the door! Keep the door shut on sprint!  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

If some comes to my door trying to sell me something, the first time I'll say no thanks. The second time, I'm not opening the door! Keep the door shut on sprint!  :kappa:

Believe me. If I could keep the door shut I would.

If someone comes to my door trying to sell me something, the first time I'll say no thanks. The second time, I'm not opening the door! Keep the door shut on sprint!  :kappa:

Me when I see sprint in halo.

6dsdqv.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Every gametype have a loadout but do it like Reach an just have like this in H5

BR

Pistol

2frags

AR

Pistol

2frags

Simple and never hath to deal with TS and Team Brs problem ever again.

As for Sprint an descoping I hope all that that is gone.

An I hope they fix every single gametype they broke.

Simple, but stale. Assuming everything else plays the same as traditional Halo (i.e. none of the open world 12v12 leaks are real), good players use BR, bad players spray AR, and everyone drops pistols for Rockets. Among other things, it'll be the same thing we've had for 10 years. Reverting back is what H2A is for, but IMO Halo 5 should refresh those parts of the game in a good way (not Perks or AAs). I'd like to see them expand some of the weapon's roles so that weapon meta can increase.

Firstly, drop the AR from loadouts and stop making it the entry point weapon for new players. Then make it more powerful, drop virtually all its aim assist, and make its CE camo trick official by allowing players to use the Camo power-up with it more effectively (the difference between good camo and poor camo). This then gives all players a reason to pick it up off of the map over other weapons that extends beyond easy kills. Giving the AR that advantage also indirectly discourages Camo sniping and crouching tiger hidden shotgun, because neither weapon will cloak you as good as the AR. The tradeoff would be that while you're firing the AR, you're exposed for a longer duration of time. 

Just one idea of many potential other ways to give more dynamic to the way the game plays with the current weapon set. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

For BtB

Add a DMR load out in there as well? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I can't tell you how many times I've heard the 'Spartans are Super Soldiers, of course they can sprint' and other realism arguments used to justify Sprint in Halo. The funny thing is canonically Spartans wear Power armour that taps into the Spartans nervous system so that the suit can assist the movement of the Spartan providing them with near unlimited stamina. Most games that involve sprint have a default sustainable jogging speed and a fast unsustainable Sprint mode. And it makes sense. But in Halo you have no reason to jog because running is sustainable. Sprinting wouldn't be any where near as big of a speed boost since all it would be is a little boast from swinging your arms more.

So realistically a short duration 65% speed boost makes no sense. It would make more sense if sprint was an unlimited 25% speed boost. Would it be worth including if that's all it was? Another reason to get rid of sprint. It breaks cannon!

Flinch is another one. When you get shot shield flares disrupt the hud's smart up-link to your weapons scope, knocking you out of scope. I'm not even sure you would finch at all when your shields are up since it is your shields taking the damage. Removing descope breaks cannon! 

TVMhijJ.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Couple of Quotes from the new issue of X-One, a UK Xbox One mag. You can get a copy here for £5

Ace

“The area I personally think 343 needs to improve on from Halo 4 is the multiplayer ranking. Halo 5 needs ranks to keep it alive, bottom line,”"The Halo 2 ranking system is what got me into competitive gaming as well as hooked me onto the game itself. There really hasn’t been anything close to that since Halo 3 and I really believe it is a necessity for the next title, so players don’t get bored.”

“Maybe the double jump element from Titanfall could make an appearance in the next title, however it would have to be executed well to make it fair,”

“I would love to see ‘walking’ or not sprinting back in the next title, or at least the option to toggle it off for competitive play. The main element of the ‘battles’ you have in Halo are based around being able to out manoeuvre or outskill your opponents whether it be through strafing, predicting them with a ‘nade, outshooting them, or ‘juking’ them, that is why I think it’s so important for there to be a base speed of players so you can predict what will happen. In Halo Reach there were too many times where you shot a player and they ended up on the other side of the map a few seconds later and there was nothing you could do about it. This limits smarts and positioning and adds more randomness.”

Sudd 1 

“343 needs to improve the matchmaking ranks; I would love to see the old Halo 2 or Halo 3 ranking system brought back but obviously with a twist. I don’t like the prestige idea but more would like to get ranked in the world.”

“I like what Titanfall is doing with the training system when you first join the game to become familiar, I also like what Call Of Duty is doing with having new skins and maps come out frequently. I also like the dedicated servers on the Xbox One. Feedback is key. I really believe they need to have an open beta to allow updates because I felt like Halo 4 out of the box was a beta and didn’t really get done until half way in the year.”

• Upvote (+1) 3

For BtB

Add a DMR load out in there as well? 

On map pickup or bust. 

Attempting to balance two similar Primary Rifles for Spawn weapons will end up redundant.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't tell you how many times I've heard the 'Spartans are Super Soldiers, of course they can sprint' and other realism arguments used to justify Sprint in Halo. The funny thing is canonically Spartans wear Power armour that taps into the Spartans nervous system so that the suit can assist the movement of the Spartan providing them with near unlimited stamina. Most games that involve sprint have a default sustainable jogging speed and a fast unsustainable Sprint mode. And it makes sense. But in Halo you have no reason to jog because running is sustainable. Sprinting wouldn't be any where near as big of a speed boost since all it would be is a little boast from swinging your arms more.

So realistically a short duration 65% speed boost makes no sense. It would make more sense if sprint was an unlimited 25% speed boost. Would it be worth including if that's all it was? Another reason to get rid of sprint. It breaks cannon!

Flinch is another one. When you get shot shield flares disrupt the hud's smart up-link to your weapons scope, knocking you out of scope. I'm not even sure you would finch at all when your shields are up since it is your shields taking the damage. Removing descope breaks cannon! 

seinfeld_shocked-80920.gif

Who would have thought that the Spartan lore was our savior the entire time. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Inb4 they add 8 metric fucktons of light bloom

video%20games%20guns%20master%20chief%20

well its a console. so they ARE going to do that to make it "look better"

When was the last time Shinobi was wrong about upcoming announcments? He has a good reputation, and I doubt he would tease something without certainty that it's happening.

Meh, even if it is real I can't imagine it being that big considering e3 is so close.